Transfer Rumours (1 Viewer)

Bugsy

Ched Evans going Fleetwood... interesting link up with Joey Barton.... It will end in tears

Sbarcher

Think this rumour is a red herring.

larry_david

Time of the month?? We had an unhappy player with 1 stellar season in League 2. We got a good deal
Time of the month where I'm starting to realise we're about to embark on League 1 without a striker who can score a goal because we sold him asap. And don't believe this bollcocks about an unhappy player. He was happy enough to take over the club twitter page with stupid commentary when our lads were doing the bleep test and he was happy enough liking and retweeting all our players twitter comments and he was that sulky and unhappy everything he says on twitter gets liked by our squad and media team.

better days

eisa gone the Bristol supposedly 1.5m
A Bristol City fan was on here weeks ago saying this deal would happen - he was also saying they were after Jordan Willis
The difference between Eiaa deal and McNulty was that there were several clubs in an auction for Eisa
The Reading deal may have been stitched up by the agent as we didn't want to sell so there was only one bidder. We refused several bids until the agent made it difficult and they paid the full asking price

sylus

Time of the month?? We had an unhappy player with 1 stellar season in League 2. We got a good deal

I don't believe McNulty was unhappy,why would he be,he had a great season with us and got promoted scoring what 28 goals,that is not a player who is unhappy,i think 2 reasons,1, his agent forced the issue on his move to Reading,seeing £ signs,2, Sisu wanted the extra £1m+

One thing is for sure,you cannot get rid of your star man upfront who scores 20+ goals a season and NOT replace him,saying that,we don't know MR won't replace him for sure,but im having my doubts,i just hope he doesn't go for a loan move,and as for we got a good deal,maybe if MR has the money to spend and he spends it where it counts..UPFRONT.

shmmeee

There's a lot on here who will defend the club at all costs and claim any complaints are "time of the month" or "meltdowns"

But the facts are we've handled the striker situation poorly. If this had been done by Mowbray those same people would be holding it up as an example of what a shitty transfer policy we had.

Of course we could've told McNulty he was under contract and not going until we got a replacement. Unhappy or not if it went past transfer deadline he's stuck here and far less likely to get a move in Jan had he been sitting at home sulking rather than scoring goals. It'd have been career suicide to carry out any threat.

Garryb80

Time of the month where I'm starting to realise we're about to embark on League 1 without a striker who can score a goal because we sold him asap. And don't believe this bollcocks about an unhappy player. He was happy enough to take over the club twitter page with stupid commentary when our lads were doing the bleep test and he was happy enough liking and retweeting all our players twitter comments and he was that sulky and unhappy everything he says on twitter gets liked by our squad and media team.
So we turn down a decent bid and he stays.. then his agent is proved right and he sulks and doesn't perform what then? I believe it was a good deal and nothing I hear from anyone else will change my mind on that.

Captain Dart

There's a lot on here who will defend the club at all costs and claim any complaints are "time of the month" or "meltdowns"

But the facts are we've handled the striker situation poorly. If this had been done by Mowbray those same people would be holding it up as an example of what a shitty transfer policy we had.

Of course we could've told McNulty he was under contract and not going until we got a replacement. Unhappy or not if it went past transfer deadline he's stuck here and far less likely to get a move in Jan had he been sitting at home sulking rather than scoring goals. It'd have been career suicide to carry out any threat.

Its not an ideal situation but there are still a few weeks left before the league season starts, there are 3 strikers in the squad (4 if you count Beavon), it is possible to play 1 up front with 2 goal scoring wide men (Jones/Stirling), the club has a transfer fund, there is still the possibility of bringing in a loan till Xmas.

There are plenty of options.

Last edited:

CCFCSteve

Agree we could’ve handled it better but the ‘unhappy’ ‘sulky’ comments are relevant. McNulty might well have been fine last year but the comment from his agent was obviously after they knew what Reading were willing to offer (probably enough to set McNulty up for life). Can really begrudge him for wanting to take it or the club feeling they should cash in rather than risk a disgruntled player.

Would’ve preferred to have held out until we’d landed a replacement but you don’t know what was said behind the scenes, maybe everyone thought the Eisa transfer was a done deal and Chaplin wanted to move.

All I know is we can’t wait much longer for Chaplin. Shame as he looks like he’d be a decent replacement

Garryb80

Some people criticise the club even though it wasn't 'handled poorly'. We got a good fee for a player we were told was unhappy by his agent. We rejected 2 earlier bids and left 4 weeks to find a replacement. If we had signed Chaplin a week ago nobody would be criticising this transfer at all. People are panicking with still 2 weeks til the season begins. We are signing players on 2-3 year deals that rival teams also wanted. This doesn't strike me as a shitty transfer policy at all.

Terry Gibson's perm

So we turn down a decent bid and he stays.. then his agent is proved right and he sulks and doesn't perform what then? I believe it was a good deal and nothing I hear from anyone else will change my mind on that.

It was a good deal but only if you can replace him and we seem to have set or sights on one player who we aren’t going to get, next I expect a loan player to come in and the money set aside from this deal going towards running costs.

Garryb80

It was a good deal but only if you can replace him and we seem to have set or sights on one player who we aren’t going to get, next I expect a loan player to come in and the money set aside from this deal going towards running costs.
When have we ever said we are after Chaplin though? Has the season started yet? All this moaning about timing and loans and yet we signed Armstrong 1 week before the season on loan and he didn't turn out too bad did he?

Terry Gibson's perm

When have we ever said we are after Chaplin though? Has the season started yet? All this moaning about timing and loans and yet we signed Armstrong 1 week before the season on loan and he didn't turn out too bad did he?

If we are not then we are in trouble as we have been linked with nobody else and the way the agents get the information out there now means people hear. If anybody thinks we can start the season with what we have they are crazy.

I haven’t been on as much what happened to the Maddison money?

Terry_dactyl

There is definitely an argument about why we didn’t take a leaf out of pompey’s book with the mcnulty transfer...it seems to be common sense.
To be fair to cov though, to the best of my knowledge, they haven’t at any point said they’re after Chaplin. Maybe we’re not?

better days

It's quite depressing the way some people look for a scapegoat when something goes wrong
The club did all it could to keep McNulty and made a very good offer of an improved contract
His agent was able to get a vastly higher deal from a club a division up
There are many instances of clubs holding out when a player wants to leave
West Ham tried it with Payet when he wanted to move even giving him a £1m loyalty bonus and a big increase in wages
Even so he sulked and wouldn't talk to the other players and poisoned the atmosphere so much they eventually sold him in next next window
No one is really to blame in McNulty's case unless you want to look at the agent whose job is to get the best deal for his client

Last edited:

Skyblue_CP

Got to be said though, I have every faith in Robins, however it is getting towards "squeeky" bum time as we dont want to just rush someone in as you want them to gel and understand the way we play, bringing someone in on the 11th hr is never a good way to go about things. I was there yesterday and there is no denying we need a forward desperatly, ponti doesnt cut it just yet he still needs time and Biamou needs someone buzzing around him, we looked VERY clueless goin forward.

Magwitch

There’s still over 2 weeks to go before the transfer window closes, and a few weeks before the loan window shuts, plenty of time to bring in player/players I look at the permutations Robins has with this squad, miles better than last year, strikerwise we have been linked for weeks with just one player never confirmed by the club, we have Jodie Jones almost fit again. Nowadays transfers can take an age. Continue being patient.

Greggs

Player with one season of goals at a bottom 6 league two team. 1.5 Mill

Player with history of goals in league 2 and 1 at a league 1 club with prem potential. 1.2 mill.

We are a fucking joke
Agreed, slightly pissed off

wingy

It's quite depressing the way some people look for a scapegoat when something goes wrong
The club did all it could to keep McNulty and made a very good offer of an improved contract
His agent was able to get a vastly higher deal from a club a division up
There are many instances of clubs holding out when a player wants to leave
West Ham tried it with Payet when he wanted to move even giving him a £1m loyalty bonus and a big increase in wages
Even so he sulked and wouldn't talk to the other players and poisoned the atmosphere so much they eventually sold him in next next window
No one is really to blame in McNulty's case unless you want to look at the agent whose job is to get the best deal for his client
Which comes back to the player.

Greggs

No extra budget from the Maddison money, guess it will just help us towards that break even point. Robins has said he's getting the McNulty money to improve the squad though.
With most teams after a striker and Eisa evidently going for more than McWanker, i really struggle to see how we are going to strengthen? At the time of his sale i was confident, got a feeling now we are in for a mediocre season with a lack of goals!

CCFC_Charlie

With most teams after a striker and Eisa evidently going for more than McWanker, i really struggle to see how we are going to strengthen? At the time of his sale i was confident, got a feeling now we are in for a mediocre season with a lack of goals!
You're not allowed to say anything remotely "negative" on here mate. Pre-season is going great and we're set for top 6. Who needs McNulty when this mythical replacement striker is coming in any day now. We were actually super smart to sell McNulty before we had a replacement lined up. Trust in Robins, he scraped us a promotion from League 2 so therefore he can do no wrong.

Grendel

Telling players they can’t leave always ends in tears if they are forcing the move.

Look at examples in the past when players have been refused a move - always negative on the squad and the players form invariably dips.

Also robins seems hell bent on doing s Mowbray and trying 3 at the back. That means he will play one striker with probably Andreu or Bayliss begind him. So Biamou clarke Harris and ponticelli will not be starting if he signs a replacement unless he wants clarke Harris as a wide left option.

The formation idea is as worrying as the striker options in truth.

Nick

Administrator
You're not allowed to say anything remotely "negative" on here mate. Pre-season is going great and we're set for top 6. Who needs McNulty when this mythical replacement striker is coming in any day now. We were actually super smart to sell McNulty before we had a replacement lined up. Trust in Robins, he scraped us a promotion from League 2 so therefore he can do no wrong.
Or you could just read your post history and realise you just need to take what you say then think the opposite.

larry_david

Agreed, slightly pissed off
My point is, on paper we had a player with a history of scoring goals in previous years, who actually scored more goals than eisa (who could well be a one season wonder), we are now a team who everyone believes will be going for a second promotion in the division above and yet Cheltenham have managed to wangle more money. How?

Grendel

My point is, on paper we had a player with a history of scoring goals in previous years, who actually scored more goals than eisa (who could well be a one season wonder), we are now a team who everyone believes will be going for a second promotion in the division above and yet Cheltenham have managed to wangle more money. How?

Easy. There were more clubs interested in signing him so as it’s an auction the price drives up.

Also McNulty has no history in scoring goals outside league two in England really - he has 10 league 1 goals spread over 3 years

Users who are viewing this thread