"Top class" player wants to come to City according to Mowbray. (3 Viewers)

ashbyjan

That was me - hangover double vision causing coordination and posting problems lol

ccfc_Tom

Barton would be a quality signing no idea why he'd be phoning mowbray specifically though and would want to join us?

shmmeee

Don't think it is Barton either but we can dream can't we ? Would save sisu money though, will be able to use the spare shirts with Barton on the back now Adam Barton has left !

Knowing our luck it's Adam Barton wanting back and Mowbray's assistant has taken the message wrong.

ashbyjan

Maybe he's phoning around everyone not just Mowbray? Maybe he sees what Mowbray could build here and fancies being part of awakening a sleeping giant? Maybe wants to end career as a hero not a thug? Probably just bollox but nice to imagine some quality joining after years of dross

shmmeee

Maybe he's phoning around everyone not just Mowbray? Maybe he sees what Mowbray could build here and fancies being part of awakening a sleeping giant? Maybe wants to end career as a hero not a thug? Probably just bollox but nice to imagine some quality joining after years of dross

TalkSport said:
Former QPR midfielder Joey Barton expressed his desire to sign for a ‘real football project’ after being released by the relegated West London side.

http://talksport.com/football/exclu...pr-departure-150605149702#DbCV2Pe6OSerIOwV.99

Barton confirmed.

ashbyjan

Isn't it refreshing to be talking about football instead of the continuous boring fingerpointing blame game that some prefer to spout on and on about

SlowerThanPlatt

Barton doesn't want to train with PL Watford. I think he sees his future still in the Premier League or a top 6 Championship team.

harvey098

I do worry about some people on here... Joey Barton? lol please use some common sense before posting

junglej13

Barton would be a disaster I think from a character point of view. Also someone mentioned Samuel played for Reading... He came off the bench and got 10 mins.

rupert_bear

I do worry about some people on here... Joey Barton? lol please use some common sense before posting
Christ's it's just a bit of speculation was always going to happen. Barton ticks a lot of boxes as to who it could be and why, fanciful idea at best buy it passes the morning by.

rupert_bear

Fry-ccfc. Just gone through that list of available players you have put on, Joey Barton isn't on it . Do you know something we don't ?

skybluebeduff

Joey Barton to Coventry? Really? Same player training for Watford? Ok was... but his wages... yeah right!

Last edited:

ccfc92

Hopefully, yesterdays result will help attract players to the club.

The performance and team spirit shown yesterday, surely would help make players who are undecided, pick us. (If they went to watch)

rupert_bear

Joey Barton to Coventry? Really? Same player training for Watford? Ok was... but his wages... yeah right!
Whoever this player is ringing Tony Mowbray wages ain't an issue according to him, that doesn't make the player Joey Barton either by the way, but Is obviously someone who is or at least has been a high earner recently.

Last edited:

ccfc92

I haven't read the quotes, but what's the issue with this player?

If he doesn't want much in wages etc, why doesn't TM sign him?

Or has TM said he doesn't rate him?

Samo

I haven't read the quotes, but what's the issue with this player?

If he doesn't want much in wages etc, why doesn't TM sign him?

Or has TM said he doesn't rate him?

He said he's gonna call him as he'd be mad not to.

Users who are viewing this thread