"Top class" player wants to come to City according to Mowbray. (1 Viewer)

H

Huckerby

Tony was doing his bit for ST Sales.....He doesn't know Sisu well enough yet, he still believes what they tell him..Bless

He will learn...then leave :blue:

Pleas tell me you're joking.

Warwickhunt

A long line of bad behaviour, starting with stubbing out a cigar on the eye of a trainee whilst at Man City. To be fair to him, I haven't read anything bad for a few years so maybe he has grown up.
cos he stopped smoking!

SkyBlue_Bear83

According the Kieran Crowley the player never existed, Mowbray was trying to make a point about juggling the budget and it was taken out of context. He was trying to save some of the budget for strikers but if a top class midfielder wants to come to city he would be mad not to and then what knock on impact that would mean for getting in the striker he wanted.

ccfcway

According the Kieran Crowley the player never existed, Mowbray was trying to make a point about juggling the budget and it was taken out of context. He was trying to save some of the budget for strikers but if a top class midfielder wants to come to city he would be mad not to and then what knock on impact that would mean for getting in the striker he wanted.

taken out of context by the club itself ?

http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/tony-mowbray-pre-match-coventry-city-wigan-athletic-2599897.aspx

SkyBlue_Bear83

Don't suppose you could copy and paste that could you CCFCWAY,not letting me load for some reason.

The boss admitted he would be "daft not to take him" and also gave a pre-season message to the fans here...
Coventry City manager Tony Mowbray admitted in today's press conference that there is a player who has played in the top flight and Championship for his whole career that has repeatedly called him saying he wants to play for the club.

Mowbray wouldn’t reveal who the player was, but said he would be “daft not to take him” while also admitting he has to see if it will suit the budget and squad.

"A player keeps calling me wanting to come here who's played at the top level,” Mowbray said.

"He’s played in the Premier League and Championship throughout his career.

"I'll make a call. It's not about the money for him, he's earned plenty over his career, he just wants to play. It's another midfielder, but I'd be daft not to take him. But then I'm in that situation regarding budget for other players like a striker, but why shouldn't we have that level of competition in a squad.

"We need three or four players for each position in my opinion to challenge at the very top of this league.

"Sure we have Romain and John and now Bryn and Conor started pre-season well, but when it’s winter and we get injuries we’re going to need options, it’s good to have the option and I can rotate it.”

Mowbray has repeatedly emphasised the fact that the squad needs two or three new faces in order to compete at the top of the division.

The manager is confident that he will get the right players in before the transfer window shuts as Premier League clubs announce their 25-man squads.

When asked if he had a pre-season message for the fans, Mowbray said: “My message to the fans would be that I would hope they realise it's not finished yet.

“We still need some bodies and we're working hard. There's always the temptation to bring someone in because they're available but they might not be a right fit.

“We're looking at the forward areas, we know where those players are and I ask for a little patience initially. It’s not going to be a mad rush when Premier League teams announce their squads. I think we'll be very competitive, and we'll only get stronger as the season goes on.”

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...gan-athletic-2599897.aspx#HTSrl8AdKMy5yI6z.99

H

Huckerby

"A player keeps calling me wanting to come here who's played at the top level, I'll make a call." Coventry City's Tony Mowbray
Fri 07 Aug 2015 10:38

fb_logotwitter_logo
First slide
The boss admitted he would be "daft not to take him" and also gave a pre-season message to the fans here...
Coventry City manager Tony Mowbray admitted in today's press conference that there is a player who has played in the top flight and Championship for his whole career that has repeatedly called him saying he wants to play for the club.

Mowbray wouldn’t reveal who the player was, but said he would be “daft not to take him” while also admitting he has to see if it will suit the budget and squad.

"A player keeps calling me wanting to come here who's played at the top level,” Mowbray said.

"He’s played in the Premier League and Championship throughout his career.

"I'll make a call. It's not about the money for him, he's earned plenty over his career, he just wants to play. It's another midfielder, but I'd be daft not to take him. But then I'm in that situation regarding budget for other players like a striker, but why shouldn't we have that level of competition in a squad.

"We need three or four players for each position in my opinion to challenge at the very top of this league.

"Sure we have Romain and John and now Bryn and Conor started pre-season well, but when it’s winter and we get injuries we’re going to need options, it’s good to have the option and I can rotate it.”

Mowbray has repeatedly emphasised the fact that the squad needs two or three new faces in order to compete at the top of the division.

The manager is confident that he will get the right players in before the transfer window shuts as Premier League clubs announce their 25-man squads.

When asked if he had a pre-season message for the fans, Mowbray said: “My message to the fans would be that I would hope they realise it's not finished yet.

“We still need some bodies and we're working hard. There's always the temptation to bring someone in because they're available but they might not be a right fit.

“We're looking at the forward areas, we know where those players are and I ask for a little patience initially. It’s not going to be a mad rush when Premier League teams announce their squads. I think we'll be very competitive, and we'll only get stronger as the season goes on.”

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Hobo

I said that a week ago in this thread.

Hobo

nah he was just joshing the fans who were in panic meltdown at the time it takes to sign decent strikers as oposed to the dross we normally sign. He was just giving them food for thought over choices vs budget :)

Here it is :p

Hobo

Not saying such a player didn't exist, but don't think TM needed him. I think he was illustrating choices managers have to make and how players do become available....so it is good to hold some budget back.

palmerd717

Kevin Nolan?? Made loads of money at Newcastle and west ham. left west ham this week after negotiating a release / pay off of his contract, only wants game time now. 33 or 34 years of age but could do a job.

ccfcway

hypothetical ?

if he did that, you might as well go the whole hog.....

"there is a player who keeps ringing me, he is really keen to play at the new stadium at ryton and wishes to open the new train station and improved ticket office"

ccfc1234

The cards are not falling into place for TM at the moment. Samual injured for reading strongly linked. Maddison 3 months out. Armstrong u19 England.

I wonder how much respect TM still has for Wagott who I am sure is chucking suggestions of the most horrendous and cheap signings his way.

On that note delighted its gone quiet from Wagott the less that fool says the better.

H

Huckerby

The cards are not falling into place for TM at the moment. Samual injured for reading strongly linked. Maddison 3 months out. Armstrong u19 England.

I wonder how much respect TM still has for Wagott who I am sure is chucking suggestions of the most horrendous and cheap signings his way.

On that note delighted its gone quiet from Wagott the less that fool says the better.

Haha. Can imagine him with getting all hot and bothered and nervously presenting a load of wiki entrys to Mowbray who is just glaring at him. Would make a great comic

skybluepm2

That Crowley bloke of a bit of a smart arse know it all judging from some of his comments on Twitter. If he has the bollocks to say the player was fictional, perhaps he could explain the words that came out of TM's mouth now that he appears to have called him a liar.

rupert_bear

The best news that came out in the summer was Mowbray or rather Mark Venus had sole rule over transfers in or out I don't trust the bloke but at least he is very much in the background now. In fact the only time Waggott has opened his gob publicaly is when he put his size nines in about season ticket sales.

Captain Dart

stupot07

"Top class" player wants to come to City according to Mowbray.

### Thread Bump###

Was it Cole?

Although has Cole ever played in the Championship?

Cole had only ever played top flight football before playing for us, so no it can't be him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Users who are viewing this thread