"Top class" player wants to come to City according to Mowbray. (5 Viewers)

pipkin73

Might be what is happening.
Only trying to guess why a premier/championship player would want to come here
unless he supports Cov.

simonregis

Do you remember years ago we would always have a marquee signing usually sign him on the pitch or before the pre-season friendly with a 'big' club? Now we end up signing a has-been before a game with Nuneaton.

I honest never thought I'd ever see us drop so low

Last edited:

Astute

Might be what is happening.
Only trying to guess why a premier/championship player would want to come here
unless he supports Cov.

Loaded but still loves playing the game. Just like Wise when he joined us. He could have walked into most Prem sides. But he joined a relegation threatened side playing in a lower division. And he was a class above everyone else.

pipkin73

Loaded but still loves playing the game. Just like Wise when he joined us. He could have walked into most Prem sides. But he joined a relegation threatened side playing in a lower division. And he was a class above everyone else.

But Wise was at the end of his career and only played about a dozen games. He joined Cov to be with his buddy Adams and help him out.

Astute

But Wise was at the end of his career and only played about a dozen games. He joined Cov to be with his buddy Adams and help him out.

And now this player keeps offering his services to TM and he has played for him before it seems.

pipkin73

And now this player keeps offering his services to TM and he has played for him before it seems.

Where does it say he has played for him before?
If he has and I missed that quote it would explain things. Only place I have read that he has played for him before was posters on here guessing it.

Astute

Where does it say he has played for him before?
If he has and I missed that quote it would explain things. Only place I have read that he has played for him before was posters on here guessing it.

Where has it been said he has not played for him?

He seems to know him well enough. And he has played where TM has managed. And he keeps calling him.

pipkin73

He seems to know him well enough. And he has played where TM has managed. And he keeps calling him.

Like I said, if that's the case it explains it.
Guess time will reveal all.

skybluegod

True but surely we should exclude players rhea haven't played for him? As it hasn't been confirmed either way.

Seamus1

Although this player has not played under Mowbray, he has played in Premiership and Championship, and does also fit in with the theory of a player who has had injury problems wanting to prove themselves....so, a name I am putting out there is Kemy Agustien. Formerly of Swansea City and Brighton and Hove Albion. Now a free agent after Brighton released him at the end of last season.

Like I say, it's just one name amongst countless others.

May I also ask what other people's thoughts might be on Leroy Lita? Played under Tony Mowbray at Middlesbrough where he got a goal every 4 games. I see he is without a club, although wasn't prolific at Barnsley nor Notts County, I'm surprised he is still only 30

Last edited:

Astute

None of them players would be considered 'top class' or someone who belongs at a higher level

Was a top class player really mentioned by TM? And if this player belonged at a higher level he should already have a club.

The other thing is it isn't all about money all the time. A lot of people go for money. But not everyone does. If you already have a sufficient amount it isn't your top priority. Happiness means more than money to a lot of people. Money doesn't always bring happiness. It does help though.

woody11462

He did say he belongs at a higher level and made it sound like he has already made his money which makes me think it is a big name. So i'm set up for a major disappointment when it gets announced as Dean Marney

Sky_Blue_Daz

Mark antonio fortune,just a random guess.
He was pretty decent when Mowbray had him at wba didnt do too much at celtic

rupert_bear

From what I saw yesterday Chris Eagles in that team would be brill. As for this mystery "top class" player add him too and you have to fancy us to strongly challenge for the top slots. But who is it the suspense is killing.

ccfclinney

I don't think Eagles would be much good now would demand high wages and hasn't done a lot in the last 2 seasons.. Saying that can't believe Freddie Sears is regular starter at Ipswich and delfounso has signed for Blackburn!!

ashbyjan

Wild left field hangover thought - midfieldet whos played all career in premiership and championship earned a fortune and currently unattatched - joey barton! Sure we couldn't pay him for a month what he earned at QPR in a day but if he's willing to play for peanuts then ....... hell it was just a thought!!

Users who are viewing this thread