"Top class" player wants to come to City according to Mowbray. (1 Viewer)

Skyblueweeman

I wonder if TM has lost his phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

junglej13

Asked Kieran Crowley about this. He says Mowbray is not looking to pursue it. Having actually listened to the interview Mowbray gave when he mentioned this I think far too much was made of it. I think Mowbray was just trying to illustrate sometimes a very good player suddenly becomes available and often the budget may have been spent.

Maaaaaardy

Asked Kieran Crowley about this. He says Mowbray is not looking to pursue it. Having actually listened to the interview Mowbray gave when he mentioned this I think far too much was made of it. I think Mowbray was just trying to illustrate sometimes a very good player suddenly becomes available and often the budget may have been spent.

No, a direct quote being "I would be daft not to pursue it", does not mean he gives up on the deal.

Gaz71

"Top class" player wants to come to City according to Mowbray.

Any chance of asking Eagles senior if it was his son who was bothering Tony on the phone?

mrtrench

I'm out of the outrage loop. Why don't fans like Joey Barton?

A long line of bad behaviour, starting with stubbing out a cigar on the eye of a trainee whilst at Man City. To be fair to him, I haven't read anything bad for a few years so maybe he has grown up.

rupert_bear

Not sure if I fully believe the West Ham fans don't want him bit, I suspect it's more someone at the ownership level had second thoughts.

ATB81

In anycase, whats the update with the striker and winger transfers, these seemed to have been brushed aside. city did well last night, but still need help in the last third (even when armstrong returns)

Otis

In anycase, whats the update with the striker and winger transfers, these seemed to have been brushed aside. city did well last night, but still need help in the last third (even when armstrong returns)

Brushed aside? Why do you think that?

I would reckon myself that TM is working tirelessly towards bringing the players in he wants.

rupert_bear

I hope something happens soon even this week, we are looking a good side but there are positions that need strengthening at least one proper winger and a striker as said sooner than later.

ATB81

Yep brushed aside is probably a bit unfair, especially as he's just had a match to focus on in the last 24/48 hours. I'm sure he is working extremely hard to bring players in ahead of Millwall... would be nice if we could with extra presence upfront & out wide as Millwall will be a lot more physical than Wigan were.

Shakeitup

Now that Eva Carniero has fallen out of favour with Jose at Chelsea, can we sign her up. Rumour is she won't even make the bench there. She's not too bad upfront, great at the rear and loves a good tackle.

woody11462

Now that Eva Carniero has fallen out of favour with Jose at Chelsea, can we sign her up. Rumour is she won't even make the bench there. She's not too bad upfront, great at the rear and loves a good tackle.

She also doesn't have an issue with being premature which is fine by me.

ccfcway

despite Bartons obvious attitude, it is crazy that a player of his ability is without a club at the moment

Rich

So what's happened here. Seeing as Mowbray mentioned it in the first place it would be nice if he updated us. If he says there isn't enough in the budget what with the other players he had on the agenda then that's fine we would accept that.

Hobo

So what's happened here. Seeing as Mowbray mentioned it in the first place it would be nice if he updated us. If he says there isn't enough in the budget what with the other players he had on the agenda then that's fine we would accept that.

nah he was just joshing the fans who were in panic meltdown at the time it takes to sign decent strikers as oposed to the dross we normally sign. He was just giving them food for thought over choices vs budget :)

afan4life

Tony was doing his bit for ST Sales.....He doesn't know Sisu well enough yet, he still believes what they tell him..Bless

He will learn...then leave :blue:

ajsccfc

I wish that was me! You're looking at Coventry Soccer Superstar Cobi Jones, and he's clean as a whistle:

36538.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread