tonights games (6 Viewers)

Otis

you couldnt see that we relied on that individuality and with that obviously comes more selfishness and more missed attempts

i know more about football than most. all i ask is you listen to me and better yourself
The day I do that is the day I leave this planet for good.

ccfcway

really surprised that with so much negativity that only 12 out of 164 have called for MR to be sacked.

we have the most solid defence in League Two and when we win its down to individual greatness, but if we lose it down to tactics.

You build from the back, and we are more solid than anyone in our league. Give MR the time to get the midfield and up top right and we have a winning formula.

wingy

really surprised that with so much negativity that only 12 out of 164 have called for MR to be sacked.

we have the most solid defence in League Two and when we win its down to individual greatness, but if we lose it down to tactics.

You build from the back, and we are more solid than anyone in our league. Give MR the time to get the midfield and up top right and we have a winning formula.
Becoming less so though.
I will be surprised should that be the case come the end of the season.

wingy

in general or if we get to a certain position ?
In general, I just think we've lost that ingrained trait that 'youre not getting past us '.
With each subsequent goal conceded the impregnable nature is harder to portray /exude ,other teams phsychology will be up as a result .

ccfcway

In general, I just think we've lost that ingrained trait that 'youre not getting past us '.
With each subsequent goal conceded the impregnable nature is harder to portray /exude ,other teams phsychology will be up as a result .

we have let in 5 goals less than the league leaders. we might not end the season as the most solid defence, but wont be far off. its a great foundation to build on

wingy

we have let in 5 goals less than the league leaders. we might not end the season as the most solid defence, but wont be far off. its a great foundation to build on
Oh I agree, just that it appears to have slipped ,but then we've had Injuries galore and rotation and a shit pitch to contend with through the Winter .
Hopefully we're going to turn it around and that incolves our own players phsychology too.

stupot07

It looks good on paper when you look at the table as a whole, but if you split our season in 2 halves, we conceded 8 from the first 16 games (0.5 goals per game) but in the second half of the season we've conceded 19 from the last 16 (a rate 54 goals over a 46 game season).

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Grendel

The question is sacked now. That’s pretty pointless and he should be given a chance to get it right. Do the poll after the final game and you’ll see a different outcome if we fail.

luwalla

Trouble is, if we don’t make promotion this year, will that defence be here next season... we stay in this league and I see grimmer, rod and Willis all moving on

Be a struggle to hang on to jones and mc nullty too & before you know we are building a new side again and gambling that it will work first time round again... same as we did in championship and league 1 , just doesn’t work.

Might be able to hang on to Doyle due to his age and history here, but will he be same player next season even if we do hang on to him

I do really worry if we don’t get promoted this season.

Last edited:

Otis

Screenshot_2018-03-04-08-42-05.png

These are Tuesday night's upcoming fixtures.

A win for Lincoln would have them overtake us in the table.

Last edited:

Astute

View attachment 9182

This Tuesday night's upcoming fixtures.

A win for Lincoln would have them overtake us in the table.
If they win they will go above us but we will have a game in hand on them. If they don't win we will stay above them and have a game in hand over them.

Otis

If they win they will go above us but we will have a game in hand on them. If they don't win we will stay above them and have a game in hand over them.
Would much rather they don't go ahead of us.

You have to remember, after Barnet we have our game in hand and it is against Luton. I would be well happy with a draw from that.

Defeat or draw for Lincoln would be best for us I believe.

Sky Blue Harry H

I would rather Lincoln win. Its Mansfield we are really looking to overtake.

I think if Lincoln lose (or possibly draw), with the distraction of the Checkatrade looming etc etc, they will probably fall away. Mansfield - unknown how the new manager will affect them - all in all. I'd like them to draw on Tuesday (in a bad tempered clash full of red cards and injuries!)

Otis

I would rather Lincoln win. Its Mansfield we are really looking to overtake.
Disagree. They overtake us and may well still be ahead of us when we come face Luton. That would mean we would have to beat Luton in order to go back ahead of Lincoln.

Don't like that scenario much at all. It will be another 2 games gone too and matches are running out fast.

I think we need to be back in the playoffs asap! The sooner the better and has been said, it might knock Lincoln out of the picture, which could then well come in handy when we have the rearranged fixture.

One step at a time. Let's get back in the playoffs and THEN look at targeting Mansfield and the rest of them.

Otis

No one should fear Luton. They're on the verge of losing top spot, now is the perfect time to play them
Don't fear them, but I would be more than happy with a draw against them.

They have now also just got Danny Hylton back from injury. Think he played 66 mins on Saturday.

I think their fall has coincided with his absence.

We can't just assume Luton are going to keep falling.

Sky Blue Harry H

Don't fear them, but I would be more than happy with a draw against them.

They have now also just got Danny Hylton back from injury. Think he played 66 mins on Saturday.

I think their fall has coincided with his absence.

We can't just assume Luton are going to keep falling.

Good that we're playing them on Tuesday then - a game for him on Saturday and then Tuesday - he'll be blowing/more susceptible to a knock

Mucca Mad Boys

I think if Lincoln lose (or possibly draw), with the distraction of the Checkatrade looming etc etc, they will probably fall away. Mansfield - unknown how the new manager will affect them - all in all. I'd like them to draw on Tuesday (in a bad tempered clash full of red cards and injuries!)

I don’t want to be dismissive, but we need to focus on ourselves, if we put together a sequence of results, we’ll most likely climb up the table.

We’ve got 2 home games coming up, and I think we should be aiming for 4 or 6 points. We have a better GD than our rivals; Exeter, Swindon, Carlisle and Lincoln. We’re only about 8-10 goals off Mansfield and Notts County. If we put together a sequence, GD will take care of its self.

ccfcway

Oh I agree, just that it appears to have slipped .

its 7 now, if anything, its improving !

Users who are viewing this thread