tonights games (5 Viewers)

steve82

Newport are a shocking team, they are epitomy of everything bad about league two.

Notts county have been very lucky. But they do score late goals. If they lose this that would be just 4 points from them in last 5 games. Long way to go. Looking at their forum, lots is wrong with their midfield since Yates has left.

Crawley are looking a decent outfit.

Out of interest what don't you like about Newport? The team that is... ha ha.

Londonccfcfan

Out of interest what don't you like about Newport? The team that is... ha ha.

Don’t like the way they play. Hoof it.

Don’t like the fact they beat us at home. Obrian clanger. Their time wasting that match was a real insight into of what was to come in league two with respect to gamesmanship.

Don’t like their manager who is delusional as he has convinced Himself that they try to play football.

Newport is a horrible horrible place.

They are Welsh.

steve82

Don’t like the way they play. Hoof it.

Don’t like the fact they beat us at home. Obrian clanger. Their time wasting that match was a real insight into of what was to come in league two with respect to gamesmanship.

Don’t like their manager who is delusional as he has convinced Himself that they try to play football.

Newport is a horrible horrible place.

They are Welsh.

Now in all honesty I quite admire them, for the budget there on to be 8th in the league is quite a achievement. Both them and Accrington I take my hat off to.

Newport nearly fell out the league last year and with a few good summer additions they've made a competitive squad that's been galvanised by there heroics last year and used as motivation to kick on.

There style of football is typical of the level and how they go about levelling the difference between them and the opposition. It's not there fault they find themselves playing against some bigger names clubs, they gotta get by in a tough poor league.

Yes there Welsh and tucked us up but I think a small minority of us feared it would happen against them and they did a typical smash and grab.

Cov kid 55

Now in all honesty I quite admire them, for the budget there on to be 8th in the league is quite a achievement. Both them and Accrington I take my hat off to.

Newport nearly fell out the league last year and with a few good summer additions they've made a competitive squad that's been galvanised by there heroics last year and used as motivation to kick on.

There style of football is typical of the level and how they go about levelling the difference between them and the opposition. It's not there fault they find themselves playing against some bigger names clubs, they gotta get by in a tough poor league.

Yes there Welsh and tucked us up but I think a small minority of us feared it would happen against them and they did a typical smash and grab.

Yes, I agree, they did a great job in avoiding relegation last year, and have continued this season. All they do is play to their strengths. In addition, any league 2 team that turns over Leeds are ok by me. I expect us to have a very tough game there.

Sky Blue Pete

I like the way the notts county player runs over to make out the player who was kicked is milking it as he is starting to get up

Modcons86

88 min: crewe 1-0 exeter
90+2 : crewe 1-1 exeter
90+5 crewe 1-2 exeter

These late goals are really beginning to hurt!

skybluesam66

we have 14 games left
we will need to win around 12 to get Automatic - clearly out of reach
we will need to win around 8 to get in the play offs.

I would suggest a minimum of 9 points from the next 5 games to give us a shout. That would leave us needing to win around 5 from 8

Otis

We really need to win to keep up with the pack, we lose and it goes to 8 we may as well admit we won't be in that play offs :(
Would need a fantastic unbeaten run, with quite a few victories to go alongside a few draws.

Cross my fingers that the wheels haven't already come off.

Modcons86

Would need a fantastic unbeaten run, with quite a few victories to go alongside a few draws.

Cross my fingers that the wheels haven't already come off.

I can see us winning a good few, just hoping its enough to sneak in to the play offs.
Fancy us to do lincoln, barnet, crewe, and grimsby.. so hoping its not too late come a week sat, and we have a decent March.

Otis

I can see us winning a good few, just hoping its enough to sneak in to the play offs.
Fancy us to do lincoln, barnet, crewe, and grimsby.. so hoping its not too late come a week sat, and we have a decent March.
It's a lot of points to make up though. You can find yourself chasing your tails. You need to win, but also see the teams above you lose. If they keep winning it can be deflating, because you are winning, but not making up any ground.

Out of the top 7, only Notts County are truly faltering.

Londonccfcfan

It's a lot of points to make up though. You can find yourself chasing your tails. You need to win, but also see the teams above you lose. If they keep winning it can be deflating, because you are winning, but not making up any ground.

Out of the top 7, only Notts County are truly faltering.
Yes your right.

Exeter were faltering big time too. If it wasnt for 2 injury tine goals. They woukd have been 1 point from last 4.
Instead they now 4 points from last 12.

You make your own luck. It evens itself out over 46 games or so you would hope.

Londonccfcfan

Big game at Notts County too.

Some of the teams like Notts County and Exeter before are struggling to score goals now. Those for Exeter in injury time were theur first in 4 matches. Whereas earlier they were scoring for fun.

stevefloyd

It's a case of de ja vu but this time it's not relegation we're fighting for a change let's hope history bloody changes at some point and we don't bottle it again

Nick

Administrator
The tactics that got us there in the first place

They weren't though, were they? They were mainly masked by players like Jones, Nazon or McNulty doing something individual rather than actual team goals like we seem to be seeing scored against us a lot.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Yes your right.

Exeter were faltering big time too. If it wasnt for 2 injury tine goals. They woukd have been 1 point from last 4.
Instead they now 4 points from last 12.

You make your own luck. It evens itself out over 46 games or so you would hope.

On a bad run of form, long away trip on a Tuesday night & go 1 down in the 88th minute and comeback to win fair play to them, I doubt City would have the strength in character to do that.

AFCCOVENTRY

I think it will be touch and go if we make a play off spot.

If we don't win the next couple of games it's season over.

Quite shocking how we've managed to be in the autos and now drifting away from 7th place.

I really hope we do it, but if we don't, what a failure of a season in L2.

coop

We were 3rd not that long back and have had the usual city slump after Christmas. I don't think we will make the play offs so that is imo a disaster. But we have to remember it was a two year plan to get out of this league. If it is all down to budget why are so many teams above us who get lower attendance.

Otis

Well that's not true is it?

We've had these problems all season but we gained points despite them, not because of them.
Exactly. Jones was winning games for us and then we had individual brilliance from Nazon at times to bag the goals for us and then we have had a number of individual goals from McNulty.

covcity4life

They weren't though, were they? They were mainly masked by players like Jones, Nazon or McNulty doing something individual rather than actual team goals like we seem to be seeing scored against us a lot.
and you wanted that individualty out

hope you have learnt your lesson

COVCITY4LIFE IS ALWAYS RIGHT

Otis

and you wanted that individualty out

hope you have learnt your lesson

COVCITY4LIFE IS ALWAYS RIGHT
Did anyone actually want him gone though? Think most, like me, just wanted him to buck his ideas up. We all knew he was a game winner on occasion. A lot more to do with attitude than questioning his ability and quite rightly so.

covcity4life

Did anyone actually want him gone though? Think most, like me, just wanted him to buck his ideas up. We all knew he was a game winner on occasion. A lot more to do with attitude than questioning his ability and quite rightly so.

you couldnt see that we relied on that individuality and with that obviously comes more selfishness and more missed attempts

i know more about football than most. all i ask is you listen to me and better yourself

Users who are viewing this thread