today (1 Viewer)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

So logically this must include the many people in recent seasons who paid to attend games at the Ricoh to then chant 'Sisu out' also? Or is it just that anyone going to Sixfields is an accessory to murder.

What a silly post

stupot07

Gates are 10% of those that prevailed when SISU took over. Even you can calculate that's a 90% reduction in support. To use anything else is delusional

Rotherham and Brighton survived playing away from their towns/cities. Yes, circumstances were different but they did not 'die'. But I suppose that makes me delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

ohitsaidwalker king power

So logically this must include the many people in recent seasons who paid to attend games at the Ricoh to then chant 'Sisu out' also? Or is it just that anyone going to Sixfields is an accessory to murder.

In the same way that not paying ones rent invokes homelessness.. constructive vagabonds then?

adamdav68

More than 12 years ago agreed, my personal opinion it was when Richardson got his grubby hands on our club, as soon as those artists impressions were in the match programs of a retractable pitch and a closing roof, Richardson hold your head in shame you greedy ###t

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Rotherham and Brighton survived playing away from their towns/cities. Yes, circumstances were different but they did not 'die'.

As you know; neither of those situations resulted in widespread and acrimonious alienation of the fans; and as such, your comparison is worthless. It's almost like you're trying a bit too hard to justify the unjustifiable

stupot07

As you know; neither of those situations resulted in widespread and acrimonious alienation of the fans; and as such, your comparison is worthless. It's almost like you're trying a bit too hard to justify the unjustifiable

They are not worthless. And I'm not trying to justify anything other that the move isn't necessarily 'killing' the club. Brighton survived 2 years playing 40 miles away in gillingham, so can we. I want us back in Coventry, but I don't yet subscribe to the scaremongering tactics of 'killing the club'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Mary_Mungo_Midge

They are not worthless. And I'm not trying to justify anything other that the move isn't necessarily 'killing' the club. Brighton survived 2 years playing 40 miles away in gillingham, so can we. I want us back in Coventry, but I don't yet subscribe to the scaremongering tactics of 'killing the club')

There are 1,600 'home' fans there today, inclusive of any free tickets that may or may not have been given out to boost numbers.

To give your comparisons any worth; can you tell me another club who suffered an alienation of fans anything even like ours?

Without such; and I don't suspect you'll give me at such, I'll keep using the 'worthless' tag if you don't mind

Sky Blue Pete

It's beyond belief that Tim Fisher still thinks that the fans will follow! This was the game if there was going to be one - You have lost the supporters Tim - get back home you plonker!

bigfatronssba

Actually seems to have lost fans since the last game. Was it not nearer 1900 against Notts County?

skybluefred

They are not worthless. And I'm not trying to justify anything other that the move isn't necessarily 'killing' the club. Brighton survived 2 years playing 40 miles away in gillingham, so can we. I want us back in Coventry, but I don't yet subscribe to the scaremongering tactics of 'killing the club'

The Club is lying flat on it's back---it isn't moving and bar the odd twitch it's almost dead.
Yes previous owners started the decline, but it's sisu and only sisu who have put us on a fast track to the knackers yard.

ecky

The ones I've been offered were through a mate who has a business in Northampton who have dealt with NTFC before, not sure if the offer came from NTFC or if it was coincidental / SISU trying to get some local sponsors.

sound like sisu are trying to gain a new fan base? its a disgrace what they have been allowed to get away with......

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

The Club is lying flat on it's back---it isn't moving and bar the odd twitch it's almost dead.
Yes previous owners started the decline, but it's sisu and only sisu who have put us on a fast track to the knackers yard.

images

torchomatic

Tranmere only brought a handful. Not sure what the home fan comparison is.

Actually seems to have lost fans since the last game. Was it not nearer 1900 against Notts County?

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

RFC you're right if we had been playing at the Ricoh the boo boys would have been out booing Barton today:thinking about:Wait a minute we were at Sixfields today sorry must have been the Tranmere fans:facepalm:

dadgad

You see; this really gets me. The travesty of what SISU have done would gain greater publicity if zero fans turned up. Imagine. Week in, week out; zero fans. That would get the publicity our plight deserves and embarrass all parties into solving this farce; and by that I mean SISU, CCC, the football league - I mean everyone who has a level of culpability.

Every fan who attends lessens the impact of the point the stay-away fans are trying to make; legitimises the actions of the owners, and if anything makes resolution less likely. And 'supporting the players' is a weak excuse from the selfish and spineless[/QUOTE

Exactly.

Said as much at beginning of season.

The minority should support the majority and see what happens.

Spionkop

Any fan who wants the Sixfields farce to continue, carry on going. Any fan who wants to play a part in getting us back to Coventry, don't go.
Simple as that.
There is no sane reason for CCFC to not be playing at the Ricoh.

torchomatic

I thought there were one point three million reasons.

Any fan who wants to go to Sixfields, go. Any fan who doesn't, don't. Simple as that. Don't let cunts on here make you feel guilty.

There is no sane reason for CCFC to not be playing at the Ricoh.

RPHunt

Any fan who wants to go to Sixfields, go. Any fan who doesn't, don't. Simple as that. Don't let cunts on here make you feel guilty.

And don't let one of the biggest ones on here persuade you that you are doing nothing shameful.

torchomatic

And don't let one of the biggest ones on here persuade you that you are doing nothing shameful.

They're not.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

italiahorse

I think you personally are leaving yourself wide open to let any dick take advantage of you. ;)

bigfatronssba

I would like to see a game where everyone together makes a point a decides not to go.

In reality though its not really necessary. The club cant go on like this, and I think the crowds now are as big as they are going to get. They seem to be hovering around the 1500-1800 mark.

The true statement lies in comparing it to other clubs. Ours was the second lowest in the top 4 divisions today. Only Accrington had less than us. In the Conference there were 7 out of the 12 fixtures with bigger crowds. To really highlight it, today the once high flying Coventry City had less fans watching than Kidderminster Harriers. Even a Conference North team (the same level as Leamington) got a bigger crowd than us.

I still agree that it would be quicker and better for no one to go, but I think their so few in numbers that they are not making a difference.

Users who are viewing this thread