today (2 Viewers)

covmark

how come spionkop, dadgad etc only normally pop up when there's a bit of sisu bashing going on, never appear on a match thread. I think to some supporting CCFC has become secondary to hating SISU.
Just my opinion.

torchomatic

how come spionkop, dadgad etc only normally pop up when there's a bit of sisu bashing going on, never appear on a match thread. I think to some supporting CCFC has become secondary to hating SISU.
Just my opinion.

They're the Self Righteous Brothers. They've lost their lovin' feelin'.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Grendel

Just my opinion.

Dadgad is the classic troll. He refuses to answer any questions about match attendance. Spoinkop is the opposite end to RFC but is the same - a WUM with no purpose.

Truth is the sisu hatred has overtaken lots on here. There is almost a gleeful zeal and the thumping we had today as it serves the fans who attend right. It's an idiots view and many of those idiots were the same ones who only twelve months ago were right behind sisu.

Tonylinc

Just my opinion.
The answer is simple. We are all spending our time with Kieran during the matches and therefore not posting on the match thread.

Spionkop

Going to Sixfields is condoning Sisu's strategy (if you can call it that). A total boycott of CCFC games there would see us back in Coventry in a week.
The Sixfields few are really working against the long term future of the club, for their own selfish interest.
Well done to all those fans who have some backbone and stick to their principles.

torchomatic

Going to Sixfields is condoning Sisu's strategy (if you can call it that). A total boycott of CCFC games there would see us back in Coventry in a week.
The Sixfields few are really working against the long term future of the club, for their own selfish interest.
Well done to all those fans who have some backbone and stick to their principles.

Who made you God?

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by a moderator:

Hobo

Free ticker for Tranmere, you ain't lucky are you?

Snozz_is_god

Actually, the lyrics at the bottom of your posts suggest your more of a Simple Minded type......

He is indeed Simple Minded, I conkerr, I hadn't noticed that before, well at least he's alive and kicking.

Which reminds me, I'm off to see the aforementioned at the NIA in Birmingham on Friday

Sterling Archer

I will not go and certainly will not call anybody that goes a scab.
I don't come on here often these days as SBT has just turned into a willy waving contest trying to prove you're he greatest fan to a bunch of Internet strangers because you don't go to Sixfields. However I had always seen your name as one of the chief "Sixfields goers" disparagers, but that's ok as long as you don't call them a scab.

But I do believe that zero attendance at Sixfields would have a dramatic effect on returning us to the Ricoh.
Similarly a full house every week would keep us at Sixfields.
Why?

You can calculate that 2000 fans attending is somewhere between the two but is almost certainly delaying a return to Coventry.
Why?

The same tired and lazy assumptions are rolled out each week with regards to our return to Coventry, yet no evidence or even a decent argument to back up these above points is ever presented.

If anything, surely the last few months has taught us SISU don't give a shit about the attendances. The end game for them is to get the Ricoh on the cheap and at this moment in time whether there is 0 fans coming in or 10k fans coming in, means little if not nothing at this point in the silly debacle.

The guilt tripping from posters on here has to end. I saw two people having a heated argument at Wolves about going to Sixfields, one of the most pathetic scenes I'd ever seen.

It should've never got to this but the way people seem to thrive on causing a rift and a noticeable verbal battle line on here and also in real life between the "two sets of Coventry fans" is genuinely pathetic and quite sad.

Still, I haven't seen a SHITSU, SISU FC or Northampton Reserves post on this thread so maybe people are improving on here?

italiahorse

I don't come on here often these days as SBT has just turned into a willy waving contest trying to prove you're he greatest fan to a bunch of Internet strangers because you don't go to Sixfields. However I had always seen your name as one of the chief "Sixfields goers" disparagers, but that's ok as long as you don't call them a scab.

Why?

Why?

The same tired and lazy assumptions are rolled out each week with regards to our return to Coventry, yet no evidence or even a decent argument to back up these above points is ever presented.

If anything, surely the last few months has taught us SISU don't give a shit about the attendances. The end game for them is to get the Ricoh on the cheap and at this moment in time whether there is 0 fans coming in or 10k fans coming in, means little if not nothing at this point in the silly debacle.

The guilt tripping from posters on here has to end. I saw two people having a heated argument at Wolves about going to Sixfields, one of the most pathetic scenes I'd ever seen.

It should've never got to this but the way people seem to thrive on causing a rift and a noticeable verbal battle line on here and also in real life between the "two sets of Coventry fans" is genuinely pathetic and quite sad.

Still, I haven't seen a SHITSU, SISU FC or Northampton Reserves post on this thread so maybe people are improving on here?

I'm giving my opinion, just like you making the assumption that SISU will not make decisions on attendance.
IMHO if nobody attends Sixfields the FL would have to do something. But 2000 is obviously okay with them and comes under their radar.
Similarly 7000 would certainly be okay and they would say just say to fans, get on with it.

So, if nobody goes the FL would have to acknowledge that Sixfields is not acceptable and tell SISU to find a alternative.

The minority ignoring the majority will always be devisive, particularly if the majority believe what I say above.

Just as a matter of interest, do you attend Sixfields?
Not a big issue but I was just wondering if people were defending Sixfield attendees but not attending themselves.
Obviously if you do attend Sixfields then I am more likely to accept your reasoning.

torchomatic

What evidence do you have for that statement? The FL don't care as long as the fixtures are played. And what if that "alternative" was further away?

So, if nobody goes the FL would have to acknowledge that Sixfields is not acceptable and tell SISU to find a alternative.

italiahorse

What evidence do you have for that statement? The FL don't care as long as the fixtures are played. And what if that "alternative" was further away?

I'm sure there are FL rules on using alternative grounds and I believe Sisu have stretched the limits on these rules. If the FL were 50 50 on this non attendance could force the issue.

Nick

Administrator
I'm sure there are FL rules on using alternative grounds and I believe Sisu have stretched the limits on these rules. If the FL were 50 50 on this non attendance could force the issue.

That isn't really evidence though? The trouble is, too much is being pushed as fact when it isn't.

torchomatic

I don't really care what you "believe". I want to know what evidence you have.

bigfatronssba

That isn't really evidence though? The trouble is, too much is being pushed as fact when it isn't.

Some of its just common sense though.

I dont care what Fisher says, the club can't continue for long with its income as low as it is.

The losses so far must be astronomical.

italiahorse

If you ran this board on facts only it would die.

Peoples opinions is all we have and the 'fun' is the debate.
Whether people are swung by all the opinions is unknown, but ultimately they will should be able to form a good opinion by picking out the odd facts.

torchomatic

Common sense isn't "fact" though is it? Actually I think it should have been "common sense".

I dont care what Fisher says, the club can't continue for long with its income as low as it is.

The losses so far must be astronomical.

rondog1973

Why?

Why?

Still, I haven't seen a SISU, SISU FC or Northampton Reserves post on this thread so maybe people are improving on here?
If Sisu don't give a shit about attendances, why the change in tact, from we've 'moved on', 'building our own stadium' reviewing a number of sites etc, to 'Let's talk with CCC about Ricoh ownership? Could it be that their hand has been severely weakened by the emphatic dismissal (and hopefully of the forthcoming decision appeal) of the judicial review, and they realise their 3-5 year plan to remain at Northampton is financially unsustainable on current attendances?

torchomatic

I'm not sure who's "moved on" more in this sorry saga, ACL, SISU or Italia.

If Sisu don't give a shit about attendances, why the change in tact, from we've 'moved on', 'building our own stadium' reviewing a number of sites etc, to 'Let's talk with CCC about Ricoh ownership? Could it be that their hand has been severely weakened by the emphatic dismissal (and hopefully of the forthcoming decision appeal) of the judicial review, and they realise their 3-5 year plan to remain at Northampton is financially unsustainable on current attendances?

NorthernWisdom

There#'s a refusal to accept the 'common sense' that no income for club = no club.

There's too much one-eyed cock waving over here, with people trying to sate their pathetic little egos over who's the better fan, with selective choice of where on the moral compass is acceptable, dependent solely on one's own position.

Would get more sense out of a bunch of monkeys with typewriters at times.

NorthernWisdom

and the 'fun' is the debate.

Debate fine.

Personal abuse calling into questions the morals and personality of other fans shows people to be a bit simple.

Yes, I'm aware that I am resorting to the same, but attempts to reason get nowhere, and the same fucking circles go on and on and on with people banging on against their own fans, little realising they cause more of the problem than anything SISU/ACL/Council could do if they all teamed together to finance a secret island on Draycote Water.

Spionkop

Let us say City play Carlisle at Sixfields. NO city fans turn up. NOT ONE.
Carlisle bring 200 fans. That would be the attendance. (Gasps of amazement at that simple logic.)
Logic, common sense would tell anyone that scenario would attract big attention. The lowest Football League attendance in possibly one hundred years or more.
The media would be all over it. It would be looked at, big coverage and debate. A story. Throwing the spotlight on this insanity. No shadow of a doubt.
The 'evidence' is a common sense evaluation of what might happen. Italia is spot on.
The alternative is the Ricoh, plain common sense will tell anyone.
Italia, keep highlighting your take on things.
You know, we could even try it. See what happens. Or we could cover our ears and pretend it isn't happening. It'll all go away by itself.
The Sixfields few could try it. They keep telling us they want City back in Coventry. But we don't see any moves from them to bring that about.

italiahorse

I don't really care what you "believe". I want to know what evidence you have.

You will need to wait for TF autobiography if you want facts.

FL Rules

13.4 Ground sharing will only be approved at the discretion of the Board. The Board will not generally approve any ground-sharing arrangement where the club plays its matches outside the conurbation, as defined by the Board, from which the Club takes its name or with which it is otherwise traditionally associated.
13.5 Except in cases where a Club seeks consent to enter into a ground-sharing agreement with another Club, it shall be a condition of any such consent that the ground-sharing agreement shall contain provision to ensure that:

13.5.1 the playing of any of the Club's first team matches will always take precedence over the activities of the other party to the agreement; and

13.5.2 the Club shall have the ability to postpone other activities scheduled to take place on the pitch in the immediately preceding 48 hour period where in the opinion of the Club, acting reasonably, there is a risk that such activity may result in the subsequent postponement or abandonment of a match to be played under the auspices of the League.

13.6 Each Club shall register its ground with the Executive and no Club shall remove to another ground without first obtaining the written consent of the Board, such consent not to be unreasonably withheld.

13.7 In considering whether to give any such consent, the Board shall have regard to all the circumstances of the case and shall not grant consent unless it is reasonably satisfied that such consent:

13.7.1 would be consistent with the objects of The League as set out in the Memorandum of Association;

13.7.2 would be appropriate having in mind the relationship (if any) between the locality with which by its name or otherwise the applicant Club is traditionally associated and that in which such Club proposes to establish its ground;

13.7.3 would not adversely affect such Club's Officials, players, supporters, shareholders, sponsors and others having an interest in its activities;

13.7.4 would not have an adverse effect on visiting Clubs;

13.7.5 would not adversely affect Clubs having their registered grounds in the immediate vicinity of the proposed location; and

13.7.6 would enhance the reputation of The League and promote the game of association football generally.

13.8 The Club must disclose, as soon as practicable, plans and details of any proposed future move to a new stadium.

13.9 Subject to any dispensations granted by the Board, a Club shall either own its ground or have a legally enforceable agreement with its ground's owner for its use by the Club, expiring not earlier than the end of the current Season.

Users who are viewing this thread