today (1 Viewer)

italiahorse

It usually starts with when somebody posts about player ratings or them being at Sixfields and the usual crew start foaming at the mouth about how they are selfish etc.

90% of fans are not happy with those that attend Sixfields. They would rather they didn't but different people have differing views on how they persuade them to go with the majority. I don't like calling people scabs myself but I will certainly put my thoughts out there.

You can get hung up on this though. Just been down to Maplins and looked in the CCFC shop. I found myself avoiding people buying stuff when normally I would talk or joke about something. The Mrs picked up some items on offer for Xmas presents and I discreetly said "can I have a word outside".

Grendel

Any proof of that or is it just a made up opinion / stat again? I can't remember the poll where all city fans answered if they were happy with fans who go or not?

It's made up

ccfctommy

Ill bet a lot of them going to sixfields aren't from cov so they have no affiliation with the city.

There happy to latch on to our football club though.

What is your obsession with City fans that don't come from Coventry? We have loads of supporters in Warwickshire.

valiant15

What is your obsession with City fans that don't come from Coventry? We have loads of supporters in Warwickshire.

Because they don't have the same club/city bond as us locals. At lpt of them probably wouldn't care if sisu built a stadium ten miles away because to a lot of them ccfc is just a football club.

Its represents a lot more than a football club to us though. It represents where im from,im a Coventry kid and proud and i show that by supporting my city's football team.

Well i did....

If you don't understand then what's the point.

Nick

Administrator
I understand about supporting your home team and always think that people should support them but there are always lots of reasons people from out of town support us, it could be they have moved away or their family is from here and moved away.

I don't think we are a target for glory fans though like Man Utd or Chelsea so there is usually a decent case for people not living in Coventry supporting us. I'm not fussed, I am glad people from outside of Coventry support the team.

valiant15

I understand about supporting your home team and always think that people should support them but there are always lots of reasons people from out of town support us, it could be they have moved away or their family is from here and moved away.

I don't think we are a target for glory fans though like Man Utd or Chelsea so there is usually a decent case for people not living in Coventry supporting us. I'm not fussed, I am glad people from outside of Coventry support the team.

Im glad they support us to, christ a lot of the locals don't bother.

I understand that a lot of them might have family from Coventry etc and that's why they support the club. Im just trying to emphasise the point that they won't have the bond that goes with the club/city that us Coventry folk have.

covmark

Because they don't have the same club/city bond as us locals. At lpt of them probably wouldn't care if sisu built a stadium ten miles away because to a lot of them ccfc is just a football club.

Its represents a lot more than a football club to us though. It represents where im from,im a Coventry kid and proud and i show that by supporting my city's football team.

Well i did....

If you don't understand then what's the point.
I moved away from Coventry when I was 10, but I'm a proud Coventry kid and extremely proud of my roots. To suggest I don't care as much as local fans is truly absurd. I can feel proud in the knowledge that I support my hometown club and I'm not a plastic man city or Chelsea fan like many of my southern workmates.

valiant15

I moved away from Coventry when I was 10, but I'm a proud Coventry kid and extremely proud of my roots. To suggest I don't care as much as local fans is truly absurd. I can feel proud in the knowledge that I support my hometown club and I'm not a plastic man city or Chelsea fan like many of my southern workmates.

Ive never suggested you're not proud of your roots. You're a Coventry kid. Im on about people who haven't got any ties with the city apart from the team. People who weren't born here or have never lived here etc.

covmark

Ive never suggested you're not proud of your roots. You're a Coventry kid. Im on about people who haven't got any ties with the city apart from the team. People who weren't born here or have never lived here etc.
fair do's, tbf I think the only reason to support Coventry would be if you're from the city or surrounding area. We're not really an attractive proposition for glory hunters are we ;)

valiant15

fair do's, tbf I think the only reason to support Coventry would be if you're from the city or surrounding area. We're not really an attractive proposition for glory hunters are we ;)

Not really,well apart from the Italian fella that popped up on here a couple of weeks ago lol.

stupot07

Ill bet a lot of them going to sixfields aren't from cov so they have no affiliation with the city.

There happy to latch on to our football club though.

If non Coventry fans didn't support the club, we'd have been in league two long ago with around the same number of fans we get at Sixfields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Grendel

If non Coventry fans didn't support the club, we'd have been in league two long ago with around the same number of fans we get at Sixfields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

And we'd be struggling to get 8,000 in the Ricoh tonight and many if those who did would not be in the Coventry boundary.

Why should they be asking that?

No doubt given your inspirational user name you wanted a change of owner last season. So, weren't you asking that self same question yourself when you went?

If you've actually ever been to a game in your life that is.
Well it was another season ticket holder who said that to me 3 years ago as he never renewed his season ticket and said he would not be back untill sisu were gone and then more went and never came back, but you would not know that grendel as you are always at home on your laptop looking up stats and trying to stir it up( the shit that is)

Users who are viewing this thread