Today’s games (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

You can tell the doom-mongers’ hearts aren’t really in it this season when the best we can muster tonight is yet another Max debate.

Still think we’ll be fine. We’ll set up for a draw on Thursday, most likely get one, and then scrounge a handful of points from the rest of our games and stay up in uninspiring style. Rinse and repeat the usual arguments, nobody’s happy, everyone wins.

We set up for a point on Thursday we’ll get none.

SBT

We set up for a point on Thursday we’ll get none.

We’ve done it against much better teams and got a result many times this season. It’s been pretty much the gameplan for keeping us out of the relegation zone all year. Ain’t much fun, but it’s worked so far.

Brighton Sky Blue

We’ve done it against much better teams and got a result many times this season. It’s been pretty much the gameplan for keeping us out of the relegation zone all year. Ain’t much fun, but it’s worked so far.

We dominated Rotherham by showing ambition on the pitch. We grovel for a point and we’re a daft goal away from being in the drop zone.

Macca

Guys, can we just hold the bed wetting meltdown till thursday night.
When we win, all will be well in the world, and a couple more teams will be shitting bricks!

No bed wetting just analysing form and trying to find ways that we can be safe. 50 points based on recent form will be very testing. If we were in better form the outlook given fixtures would be far brighter. I’ve no doubt that Derby and Huddersfield will struggle to amass points but my concern is where ours will come from. My head says no more than 2 from the next 3 games. That then leaves maybe 6 from the remaining 3. Definitely possible but once you get to the stage of needing 2 wins from 3 the pressure is ludicrous and the margins so small. A sending off, a harsh penalty, a McFadz style back pass. It’s a shame that the last 3 games aren’t our next 3

Sky Blue Heaven

Still a long way to go ladies and gentlemen! Stay calm (easier said than done) Blackburn will play a massive part in how the relegation places are settled. Looking at their remaining fixtures they play; Derby, Shef Wed, Huddersfield, Rotherham & B’ham! PUSB

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

On the flip side look at it like this. Given our history of being the team to play if your top striker hasn’t scored in ages, or if you’ve lost 5 games in a row, doesn’t anyone else feel a bit more calmer now they’ve won a home game.

If they’d have gone into our game having lost 5 games in a row at home - they definitely would have beat us

skybluetony176

Sadly not enough , I do believe there are a collective amount of reasons we have struggled though Irrespective

I'd say individual errors being a huge problem this season View attachment 19546View attachment 19547
Cheers.

That’s why he’s the 3rd choice striker. He’s had to play more games than either of the 2 first choice strikers due to injury. Some people seem to have lost sight of the fact that we’re not a Man City with the luxury of having enough quality and numbers to squad rotate and maintain quality in all positions. Max is a typical 3rd choice striker for a team in our situation. I’m not sure what quality of striker we can afford as third choice but if Max wasn’t here whoever was our 3rd choice striker would most likely be of similar standard. That’s just where we are.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Cheers.

That’s why he’s the 3rd choice striker. He’s had to play more games than either of the 2 first choice strikers due to injury. Some people seem to have lost sight of the fact that we’re not a Man City with the luxury of having enough quality and numbers to squad rotate and maintain quality in all positions. Max is a typical 3rd choice striker for a team in our situation. I’m not sure what quality of striker we can afford as third choice but if Max wasn’t here whoever was our 3rd choice striker would most likely be of similar standard. That’s just where we are.
We’ve had Gyokeres since January and he just left him on the bench whilst playing that idiot

Macca

Cheers.

Agreed. I’m not a fan of making scapegoats. He’s done his best but in a perfect world he would not have had a look in.

Brighton Sky Blue

Should also add that it's still one of the worst conversion rates in the league. Clearly not good enough but to put the blame on a single player if we go down is just idiotic.

A team goes down based on collective rather than individual failings. It would be a very bitter pill to swallow though as we will not have a better chance at survival in this league.

SkyBlueSoul

9631468f085cbc33b92e8b9b3298ac71.jpg

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Presumably all the 'it's on Robins' crew will be just as happy to put the praise on him if we stay up?

Also shot accuracy is a terrible stat to judge a striker, or anyone, on.

Having seen our performances this season I wouldn't really be putting much praise on to be honest.

The players don't pick themselves, Robins does. We shouldn't be in such a 'final showdown' as we are now on Thursday, but we are.

SBAndy

Presumably all the 'it's on Robins' crew will be just as happy to put the praise on him if we stay up?

Biamou - 4 goals / 6.4 xG
O’Hare - 2 goals / 7.04 xG
Walker - 5 goals / 4.24 xG
Godden - 5 goals / 4.84 xG

Evidence if it was needed that:
a) O’Hare has been more wasteful in front of goal than any other player in the squad.
b) if our main 2 strikers had been fit we’d likely be a lot more comfortable.

Stats tell half a story, of course, and I’m not suggesting O’Hare is a poor player but if we’re going to blame Biamou for missing chances it also needs to be levelled at O’Hare.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

It is a shit stat yes, but it’s the chances he’s missed that are criminal. He’s a striker their 1st job is to score goals. Yes - there’s other jobs but the main one is to score. If they were difficult chances I’d say it was harsh, but they weren’t

We turfed off JCH to keep this joker. Talk of strikers we could have had? He’s one we had and would have scored all of them chances

Users who are viewing this thread