Today’s games (1 Viewer)

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Biamou - 4 goals / 6.4 xG
O’Hare - 2 goals / 7.04 xG
Walker - 5 goals / 4.24 xG
Godden - 5 goals / 4.84 xG

Evidence if it was needed that:
a) O’Hare has been more wasteful in front of goal than any other player in the squad.
b) if our main 2 strikers had been fit we’d likely be a lot more comfortable.

Stats tell half a story, of course, and I’m not suggesting O’Hare is a poor player but if we’re going to blame Biamou for missing chances it also needs to be levelled at O’Hare.
Yes O’Hare has been wasteful but you can also reel off stats that show he’s been one of our best players, indeed Neutral pundits have pointed out numerous occasions and stats to show that.

Nobody is falling head of heels to do the same for Biamou

Grendel

Yes O’Hare has been wasteful but you can also reel off stats that show he’s been one of our best players, indeed Neutral pundits have pointed out numerous occasions and stats to show that.

Nobody is falling head of heels to do the same for Biamou

Exactly - if o hare was a free agent next season he’s one of a handful who’d get snapped up by other championship clubs.

D

Deleted member 11652

I really don’t understand why the Cult think trying to pick faults in our best player makes Biamou look any better.

If he really is a big game player and better than Lyle Taylor, Grabban etc then he’ll be snapped up by another championship club next year won’t he

Grendel

I really don’t understand why the Cult think trying to pick faults in our best player makes Biamou look any better.

If he really is a big game player and better than Lyle Taylor, Grabban etc then he’ll be snapped up by another championship club next year won’t he

I predict the following;

Last minute - last game we are down as it’s nil nil. Someone hits a shot going wide - biamou jogging back gets hit fill in the face and the ball goes in the net. He’s a big game hero and Twitter is closed due to social media activity - I’m not even totally joking

SBAndy

Hahahahahahaha ‘The Cult’ vs ‘He’s the sole reason we’ll be relegated’. Middle ground doesn’t exist.

D

Deleted member 11652

Hahahahahahaha ‘The Cult’ vs ‘He’s the sole reason we’ll be relegated’. Middle ground doesn’t exist.

Is there genuinely a post on here that says he’s the sole reason we’ll be relegated? I’ve not seen it.

He’s played a big part though but less of a part then the muppet who kept picking him

Brighton Sky Blue

I predict the following;

Last minute - last game we are down as it’s nil nil. Someone hits a shot going wide - biamou jogging back gets hit fill in the face and the ball goes in the net. He’s a big game hero and Twitter is closed due to social media activity - I’m not even totally joking

Then from kick off he launches a 70 yard back pass that’s latched onto by a 45 year old who squeezes past Hyam despite having 50 yards to catch up

Gregbant

Is there genuinely a post on here that says he’s the sole reason we’ll be relegated? I’ve not seen it.

He’s played a big part though but less of a part then the muppet who kept picking him

Haven't seen anyone say he is the sole reason, have seen someone say he is the main reason if we were to be relegated. Which I think you would have to agree if you have any understanding of football as a whole to suggest Biamou solely in these particular circumstances is the main cause of our relegation. Its quite a simplistic and naive opinion.

Last edited:

PVA

Not the sole reason, but Grendel says he'd be the main reason: "biamou will be the main reason for relegation If we go down. If we then offer the useless twat a new contract we as a club deserve all we get"

I'm not defending Biamou but I wouldn't pin the blame on one single player. It's a collective thing and you can list a dozen players who have made multiple serious mistakes: Marosi, Wilson, Rose, Fadz, Hyam, Da Costa, Pask, Hamer, Sheaf, O'Hare, Biamou.

That's not blaming them for relegation. It's football, people make mistakes, deal with it.

stupot07

Biamou - 4 goals / 6.4 xG
O’Hare - 2 goals / 7.04 xG
Walker - 5 goals / 4.24 xG
Godden - 5 goals / 4.84 xG

Evidence if it was needed that:
a) O’Hare has been more wasteful in front of goal than any other player in the squad.
b) if our main 2 strikers had been fit we’d likely be a lot more comfortable.

Stats tell half a story, of course, and I’m not suggesting O’Hare is a poor player but if we’re going to blame Biamou for missing chances it also needs to be levelled at O’Hare.
2 of Goddens 5 goals have been from the penalty spot, and 1 of Walkers.

Add that to O'Hares, plus Gyorkeres 2 our attacking unite have scored just 15 goals from open play all season.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

2 of Goddens 5 goals have been from the penalty spot, and 1 of Walkers.

Add that to O'Hares, plus Gyorkeres 2 our attacking unite have scored just 15 goals from open play all season.

The penalties will have been included in the xG stats - guessing they’re recorded at about 0.85 xG. Fact of the matter is Godden and Walker are significantly more clinical. Max’s finishing is clearly a way below par. O’Hare, for all his plus points, can we really afford for a player to effectively be missing 5 piss-easy chances?

fernandopartridge

The penalties will have been included in the xG stats - guessing they’re recorded at about 0.85 xG. Fact of the matter is Godden and Walker are significantly more clinical. Max’s finishing is clearly a way below par. O’Hare, for all his plus points, can we really afford for a player to effectively be missing 5 piss-easy chances?
Given the without O’Hare we'd create even less than we do, not really, no.

Frostie

Penalties are typically 0.76 xG (missed more often than you'd think).

stupot07

100%. If you were going to point at the strikers as the main blame then if anything the 'main reason' for relegation would injuries meaning that we have had to play our third choice striker.

D

Deleted member 11652

100%. If you were going to point at the strikers as the main blame then if anything the 'main reason' for relegation would injuries meaning that we have had to play our third choice striker.

Nope, it’s Robins’ fault for deciding he is third choice striker. He’s league 2 at best.

If Gyokeres isn’t better in Robins’ eyes then why sign him.

SBAndy

Nope, it’s Robins’ fault for deciding he is third choice striker. He’s league 2 at best.

If Gyokeres isn’t better in Robins’ eyes then why sign him.

In fairness(!), I didn’t think Gyokeres looked anywhere near fit when he was being brought on as a sub in games early on. Looked a lot better more recently v QPR and Bristol.

Northeast sky blue

We have scored more goals than Luton, Forest, Birmingham and Derby, whilst it would have been great to score more it's our defence that is the problem as we have conceded more than all those teams, to level the blame for where we are at our 3rd choice striker makes you look a bit daft.
A decent goalkeeper would help

TM8792

We need to stop just looking at O'Hare's missed sitters as well - what about all the attacks he's killed with an awful final ball or attempted dribble to nowhere? He has been a detriment to this side. If we have to put the blame on any single player, not that we should, it is O'Hare. Not Biamou or anyone else.

TM8792

Exactly - if o hare was a free agent next season he’s one of a handful who’d get snapped up by other championship clubs.

Before they realise all he offers is the ability to run around like a headless chicken for 90 minutes and win a few free kicks.

SBAndy

We need to stop just looking at O'Hare's missed sitters as well - what about all the attacks he's killed with an awful final ball or attempted dribble to nowhere? He has been a detriment to this side. If we have to put the blame on any single player, not that we should, it is O'Hare. Not Biamou or anyone else.

Look Zain, I know you’re bitter about him having replaced you but I think it’s time to let it go and concentrate on avoiding relegation to L2.

stay_up_skyblues

Look Zain, I know you’re bitter about him having replaced you but I think it’s time to let it go and concentrate on avoiding relegation to L2.

giphy.gif

Gregbant

If we are relegated there are a multitude of reasons manager, injuries, budget.
For me I would have said budget would be the main one at the start of the season, however despite the budget we have performed well. So I am going to pin point it to injuries specifically Dabo, Godden and Walker and the manager pissing off Giles.

Sick Boy

Failure to finish above Wycombe, Weds with their dedication and Rotherham would lead to questions needing to be answered.
Persisting with a League 2 striker upfront has not helped our cause - even if we go down we should get rid of Biamou. I know for some he is bigger than the club though...

stupot07

Which makes their goals vs xG stats even more impressive.
From open play
Walker 1 goal every 378 mins
Godden 1 goal every 424 mins
Biamou 1 goal every 452 mins
O'Hare 1 goal every 1572 mins

I dont get the whole xG if I'm being honest. O'hare has a xG of c7 yet he averages 1 every 1572 mins with us 17.5 matches.

shmmeee

From open play

I dont get the whole xG if I'm being honest. O'hare has a xG of c7 yet he averages 1 every 1572 mins with us 17.5 matches.

You can only score if you get the ball in dangerous areas. Pens are high xG, so take them out and the chances Walker and Godden score must be even more difficult.

Biamou scores because he’s had better chances to score. Put Walker or Godden in those same positions and they’d both have scored almost twice as many, that’s the point.

Brighton Sky Blue

From open play

O’Hare does all the difficult stuff well, it’s the decision making after that which lets him down. Like the chance he got at Millwall being a good example

stupot07

You can only score if you get the ball in dangerous areas. Pens are high xG, so take them out and the chances Walker and Godden score must be even more difficult.

Biamou scores because he’s had better chances to score. Put Walker or Godden in those same positions and they’d both have scored almost twice as many, that’s the point.

Not rockets science then. Walker and Godden are better players. Makes you question how Biamou has had better chances, what is he doing that Godden and Walker aren't to get himself in to the right positions.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The manager picks the players, and the manager decides who he signs.

Yes, Biamou isn't good enough, but it isn't like he chooses to pick himself and play up front alone. For me the tactics have been way off this season - I actually wasn't surprised when we made no changes at half time against QPR for example - because it has become so obvious what Robins does. He doesn't react either.

We signed Gyokeres in January and after scoring he got dropped. I cannot understand why he was benched for so long because I actually think he is half-decent. Our tool shed might be limited, but you have to use what's in it. I hope we stay up, and I am praying we do, but I am not happy with management this season. We have been ridiculously unprofessional.

shmmeee

Not rockets science then. Walker and Godden are better players. Makes you question how Biamou has had better chances, what is he doing that Godden and Walker aren't to get himself in to the right positions.

Biamou’s played more (~50% more minutes than Godden but not quite 50% more xG) and I’d argue Walker has played on his own a lot when it really doesn’t suit him (he’s only a few games behind Biamou in playing time).

Users who are viewing this thread