tickets for Saturday (1 Viewer)

Kingokings204

I am going plus one but hoping for 13k. Donny probably bring around 600? So that's my best guess anyway

SkyBlue_Bear83

A 13.5k average this season would be a 45% increase in one season, that would be impressive. The same again upon promotion would give us 19.5k next season. Also with the possible number of fairly big local clubs wed get more big derby games and bigger away attendances in general I'd say we could hit 20k easy.
If we're fairly regularly losing games and languishing around 18th in the championship though would the home crowd really increase though?

rob9872

No reason we should lose if we go up. Confidence, momentum, winning mentality, things we've never had before. Norwich and Southampton who are similar sized clubs went straight through the leagues so why shouldn't we?

SkyBlue_Bear83

No reason we should lose if we go up. Confidence, momentum, winning mentality, things we've never had before. Norwich and Southampton who are similar sized clubs went straight through the leagues so why shouldn't we?
I'm sure Wolves, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds, Nottingham Forest were all thinking something similar when they were promoted out of league 1 also. It could happen but is extremely unlikely without significant external investment.

Grendel

Southampton had a £29 million wage bill when they gained promotion,

rob9872

That's right I said it was guaranteed. ....

There are countless examples of failures, I was simply highlighting the fact that there are also success stories and no reason to write off the next league before we're out of this one. It won't be easy, but preseason couldn't have dreamed we would be top, I was hopeful for playoffs but I always am and thought that was setting the expectation too high.

A long time between then and now and we could get better quality loans again, so who knows and I reiterate, why not us?

Some miserable feckers on here even in what should be joyous times.

SkyBlue_Bear83

That's right I said it was guaranteed. ....

There are countless examples of failures, I was simply highlighting the fact that there are also success stories and no reason to write off the next league before we're out of this one. It won't be easy, but preseason couldn't have dreamed we would be top, I was hopeful for playoffs but I always am and thought that was setting the expectation too high.

A long time between then and now and we could get better quality loans again, so who knows and I reiterate, why not us?

Some miserable feckers on here even in what should be joyous times.
Well you said no reason we should lose in the championship, I see lots of reasons of why we would struggle in the lower regions of the championship if we get there.

As for why not us? Indeed it could work out for us that way but also lots of reasons for why it wouldn't.

SkyBlue_Bear83

And as for writing us off in the next league if we were to get there, just to add I'd be really pleased with an 18th placed finish in the first season if we were to get into the championship. But would it attract the casual fan to go and watch?

rob9872

Really? So many years of hurt and 18th in the championship is seen as success? Personally I'd be devastated with 18th. Staying in the premiership just above relegation is a step forward for financial reasons, but surely not the championship however inferior our budget might be.I

I see only a play off berth or just outside, as a momentum maintaining platform. Struggling in the first season would put us back to doom and gloom and the wrong mentality that has proved so hard to eradicate. Finally on an upward curve and we must capitalise for as long as we can.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Really? So many years of hurt and 18th in the championship is seen as success? Personally I'd be devastated with 18th. Staying in the premiership just above relegation is a step forward for financial reasons, but surely not the championship however inferior our budget might be.I

I see only a play off berth or just outside, as a momentum maintaining platform. Struggling in the first season would put us back to doom and gloom and the wrong mentality that has proved so hard to eradicate. Finally on an upward curve and we must capitalise for as long as we can.
For the first season, yes I would see it as success. Lot of good teams in the championship now.

Astute

I do too. Imagine we are next door neighbours lol

Good jon I've never had.a.massive argument eith you at least haha

One of the roads I take is the M6.......over half of it :) Can do Glasgow and back in the time it takes to get to Coventry.

theferret

13k would be decent, then if we are doing well still Oldham match could be 17-18k and another 15k attendance for boxing day to start pushing that average up to the 13-14k mark.

Boxing day will be much the larger attendance. Oldham falls on the day that football crowds in England are at their lowest so the price offer was done to counter that. Hopefully will be decent, but I reckon we could hit 20K on Boxing Day. No more than 12.5-13K today though.

pusbccfc

Boxing day will be much the larger attendance. Oldham falls on the day that football crowds in England are at their lowest so the price offer was done to counter that. Hopefully will be decent, but I reckon we could hit 20K on Boxing Day. No more than 12.5-13K today though.

Oldham game will surely have a much bigger crowd. At 10 quid people can go even after paying for all their Christmas shopping.

Vale on Boxing day will be a big crowd, they will bring a couple of thousand too.

theferret

Oldham game will surely have a much bigger crowd. At 10 quid people can go even after paying for all their Christmas shopping.

Vale on Boxing day will be a big crowd, they will bring a couple of thousand too.

Perhaps, but historically not the case. Judging by the non-regulars I know, they all seem to be going to Vale, but very few going to Oldham. Hopefully big turn-outs for both.

Londonccfcfan

Just look at the 3 outstanding teams from this division last year that got promoted....struggling in the bottom half of the championship flirting with relegation battle imo.

first year in championship is all about consolidating. Consolidating and growing the growing the club on and off the pitch.

Atmosphere will ill be much improved. Attendances will go up. Average of 17k will be enough to keep us up. I'd rip anyone's hand off right now to

We will get on average 2k minimum away fans. Some like Villa , newcastle, Leeds possibly 5k plus.

ps so excited will be driving up to cov with my 9 year old son soon. Everyday we live and breathing sky blue. The excitement on his face waking up on a Saturday morning priceless thank you Tony Mowbray! ..all he does is watch on repeat the YouTube vids of Coventry goals this season!

Win in lose or draw we are going up.

Londonccfcfan

Wallsall on Saturday 9th January has the potential to be the biggest gate of the season. Pending their fa cup commitments.

Surely they would bring 2k plus. Will be less if midweek.

local derby and top of table clash! Would think 17k minimum.

Specs WT-R75

Chesterfield "could" beat Walsall at their place, but realistically you have to expect that the Walsall game will be moved to a midweek. We'll find out next week maybe :)

Users who are viewing this thread