tickets for Saturday (1 Viewer)

skybluelee

I don't know anyone who receives emails from the club.

An email from the club with a link to the club shop would be the best and easiest way to sell tickets.

They send one out every week to supporters on their mailing list, don't they? I always get one.

pusbccfc

chiefdave

I don't know anyone who receives emails from the club.

An email from the club with a link to the club shop would be the best and easiest way to sell tickets.

I get at least 2 a week, one for general tickets and one for hospitality.

Try logging into your account and check you haven't it set for no marketing.

If your account is all set right probably worth tweeting the club to let them know that a lot of their customer database aren't getting their emails.

chiefdave

They must be watching us, just had this come through:

DoncasterTx.jpg

Try going to the online ticketing, log in and then under my account hit media preferances.

ajsccfc

I've been getting those ones pretty regularly this season, whereas for the last few years it's been hit and miss. I think they've improved that, as I definitely didn't have the club added to the junk filter as much as I was tempted.

Speedies_Chips

I actually think it odd that I get mails trying to get me to buy tickets when I am already a season ticket holder. They need to target potential customers, ie people on there database who buy on an ad-hoc basis. It can't be difficiult to distinguish between to ST and non ST's on their database.

chiefdave

I actually think it odd that I get mails trying to get me to buy tickets when I am already a season ticket holder. They need to target potential customers, ie people on there database who buy on an ad-hoc basis. It can't be difficiult to distinguish between to ST and non ST's on their database.

They have all the data, they can see who has purchased which tickets when. You could mail out offers to people who haven't been for a while (assuming the ticket site will take offer codes) and things like that.

These days mailing list systems track who has read an email and who has clicked on a link so you can follow up mails where people have clicked to look at tickets but not actually made the purchase.

Nick

Administrator
They have all the data, they can see who has purchased which tickets when. You could mail out offers to people who haven't been for a while (assuming the ticket site will take offer codes) and things like that.

These days mailing list systems track who has read an email and who has clicked on a link so you can follow up mails where people have clicked to look at tickets but not actually made the purchase.

Thats assuming they arent just using a mail merge from the 90's ;)

Houdi

Went to the Butts at lunchtime to buy tickets for Chesterfield and the one positive bit of news is they have sold about 500 season tickets in the past week or so. Tickets for Saturday are so far a little disappointing but hopefully they will pick up in the next 2 days, with no game the following week and Sheff Utd switched to the Sunday,you have to ask what some fans want. For years we have had to endure mediocrity at best, and finally we have a team worth watching,and the home games have been hugely entertaining, so come on get behind your club.
This team has played well for too long for it to be a flash in the pan, ok we wont play well and win every week, but already this season they have given us more entertainment than the previous 10 years, not hard I admit. But our young and vibrant team, now deserve the full support of everyone who claims to bleed Sky Blue.

SkyblueBri

Just look online and there are approx 3,000 left. So we must have sold 10,000 ish, I think our stand holds about 14,000. Not bad really with all these home games one after another

pusbccfc

We had sold about 12,000 by Friday night, so we had 2500 on the gate last week. Hopefully something similar this week.

harvey098

To be honest though, should the club really be having to send out emails and put up posters and radio advertise?? We're top of the league, the club shouldn't be having to beg people to come.

I'm not bothered though, as long as the ones that go are positive and support the team then that's good. I like our little family of 12,000!

pusbccfc

Just look online and there are approx 3,000 left. So we must have sold 10,000 ish, I think our stand holds about 14,000. Not bad really with all these home games one after another

On the basis of what were sold last week, the stand holds 12,000 and the other 2500 were in the 2/3 blocks they opened up on the day. So I think about 9000 have probably been sold.

ajsccfc

It makes sense to email season ticket holders too, they're guaranteed to be there so you've also got a chance of them bringing extra people along.

bringbackrattles

Was in the City shop this afternoon and a woman assistant said it's been slow all week,nothing like the Gillingham match. She said we're top of the table so why aren't more coming to games ? One of life's strange mysteries !

Kingokings204

Was in the City shop this afternoon and a woman assistant said it's been slow all week,nothing like the Gillingham match. She said we're top of the table so why aren't more coming to games ? One of life's strange mysteries !

Have people been paid? I haven't yet.

Hobo

To be honest though, should the club really be having to send out emails and put up posters and radio advertise?? We're top of the league, the club shouldn't be having to beg people to come.

I'm not bothered though, as long as the ones that go are positive and support the team then that's good. I like our little family of 12,000!

It is called marketing all the successful clubs do it. The reasons why we have lost so many fans over the years is complex and not just down to one thing. But the way the club has been poorly marketed, poor ticketing arrangements etc is in the mix.

Fans will come back but it will take time. Some people haven't been paid yet, for some it is still the dreaded last few days before payday. Some may feel a walk up will be easier against Doncaster rather than Gillingham (although I think they would be wrong).

We get this bitch every week.

covcity4life

its still league one though

for me and you league one > prem right now but for less hardcore fans its divison 3

we cannot expect prem and championship attendences in division 3 until we are on cusp of promotion imo

13k-good average, just 4k behind bradford and their cheap as chips tickets.

Grendel

It is called marketing all the successful clubs do it. The reasons why we have lost so many fans over the years is complex and not just down to one thing. But the way the club has been poorly marketed, poor ticketing arrangements etc is in the mix.

Fans will come back but it will take time. Some people haven't been paid yet, for some it is still the dreaded last few days before payday. Some may feel a walk up will be easier against Doncaster rather than Gillingham (although I think they would be wrong).

We get this bitch every week.

The marketing this season has been fine

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I will be there but, like others have mentioned, I am waiting to get paid to pick up tickets. It's getting pretty silly now, turned down the opportunity of getting an early bird season ticket thinking there will be many games I miss due to other commitments/holidays, we're now approaching 10th home game and Barnsley is the only one I've missed... Financially bad decision! Worth every penny still mind.

skybluelee

On the basis of what were sold last week, the stand holds 12,000 and the other 2500 were in the 2/3 blocks they opened up on the day. So I think about 9000 have probably been sold.

What about the corporate stand on the other side? We were in there and it was very busy in our block and the blocks nearby.

fernandopartridge

Despite my criticism of our gates, it isn't that bad. The reality is that the average in the 2nd half of last season was sub 10k. The growth this season in that context is very good.

The away support has been very good, 650 at Bradford for a cold Tuesday in November is better than what we'd have taken in the league above.

pusbccfc

Pay day tomorrow for most people. Hopefully they will spend it on Coventry tickets rather than buying shite at these 'Black Friday' events.

Hobo

The marketing this season has been fine

Where did I say it has not been much better this season? I said poor marketing historically was in the mix of many reasons why our fanbase has dwindled over the years. Poor ticket office management on our return to the Ricoh did not capitalise on demand...for instance 3 trips to the ticket office for each of the first two home games back at the Ricoh failed to get me a ticket for either game, because of the stop start sales policy.

I could go on.....the bottom line is we are seeing growth within our fanbase this season. I believe slow growth over league fixtures is a healthy sign, rather than the wild spikes created by tinpot trophy fixtures backed with rock bottom prices.

everything around the club has been so much better this season, but we are still at the beginning and have a long way to go. I said at the start of the season TM had a four year job ahead of him. He is ahead of schedule in many ways but it still remains a 4 year project to begin to turn our club around.

Sky Blue Harry H

Where did I say it has not been much better this season? I said poor marketing historically was in the mix of many reasons why our fanbase has dwindled over the years. Poor ticket office management on our return to the Ricoh did not capitalise on demand...for instance 3 trips to the ticket office for each of the first two home games back at the Ricoh failed to get me a ticket for either game, because of the stop start sales policy.

I could go on.....the bottom line is we are seeing growth within our fanbase this season. I believe slow growth over league fixtures is a healthy sign, rather than the wild spikes created by tinpot trophy fixtures backed with rock bottom prices.

everything around the club has been so much better this season, but we are still at the beginning and have a long way to go. I said at the start of the season TM had a four year job ahead of him. He is ahead of schedule in many ways but it still remains a 4 year project to begin to turn our club around.

Surely he has begun to turn our club around already?:thinking about:

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
we only had one home game last month and we all know how many we had this month so we all have the opportunity to save the money but I know people have choices on what to spend their hard earned money on.

look at the crowds other teams get in this league for this standard, we are punching well above our weight for a club that moved its fan base in the last 2 years and has failed to deliver one decent season in the last decade.

luckily I have a season ticket but If I didn't, I would be trying to scrape together every pound I have to treat myself while we have some modicum of success (that or borrow from my dad who puts money aside rattles)

Users who are viewing this thread