Throwing Pints in the air to celebrate? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Watched it in a social club near me, very civil similar to what you describe. I'd rather poke my own eyes out than it watch it alongside some of the beer throwing simpletons

It's as if it's a celebration competition, who can be the biggest England fan, who loves England more because they can throw their beer the furthest, who can get the most attention on social media or get themselves on Soccer AM by filming themselves. Taking pictures constantly for social media and all that shite.

Nowadays people excuse all of that shite and glamorise it, the BBC were getting all excited over beer being thrown as if it's how you should celebrate. If you mention people are acting like dicks it's "Lighten up, they are having fun and celebrating".

I hope to god my daughter never starts trying to act like that, would like to think it's a phase that will die out and that she has enough brains not to.

ajsccfc

I remember watching one game in the Castle years ago whichever tournament it was Defoe scored a winner, one pint went flying and that was enough for me. Now it'd be a sea of booze all over the place, people climbing on you while live on Instagram, all a load of pretend emotion. Fuck off.

Nick

Administrator
I remember watching one game in the Castle years ago whichever tournament it was Defoe scored a winner, one pint went flying and that was enough for me. Now it'd be a sea of booze all over the place, people climbing on you while live on Instagram, all a load of pretend emotion. Fuck off.

I've never felt the need to climb on people either. "limbs" they call it now I think.

I remember in the Germany 5-1 game a bloke tipped a table over with loads of drinks on and got sent to the bar to buy some more beers to replace them. Now he would have been all over the news and it would be lauded as "celebrating".

TheDube

One of the strangest things I've witnessed is when people do a 'taste test'. I've seen it a few times at music festivals. I'm sure it's happened to most of us - There you are, minding your own business, tapping your foot along to the melody when without any warning you (and others around you) receive a light shower of some sort of liquid.
Some peoples overriding desire to convince themselves it isn't what they'd hoped it wasn't is quite a spectacle.
Don't need a taste test, you just hope it's cold and not warm!

Covstu

I was at the Empire for the game on Saturday and it was the typical beerfest when we scored, the dance floor was an inch deep at the end of the game and I was totally soaked. Didn't really give a shit on the day but it wasn't great

Nick

Administrator
I was at the Empire for the game on Saturday and it was the typical beerfest when we scored, the dance floor was an inch deep at the end of the game and I was totally soaked. Didn't really give a shit on the day but it wasn't great

I feel old.

Nick

Administrator
I wonder how many people are off their tits on coke nowadays as well. I remember when the toilets were for having a nice sit down for 5 minutes or for people who can't drink to pour their drink away.

ajsccfc

It reminds me of moshpits, something else I've always hated the very idea of so maybe it's just a young man's game all this.

hill83

I was in Linekers Bar in Ibiza for the Sweden game and it was absolutely mental. Never seen anything like it. Back in Empire on Wednesday.

The beer throwing does seem a bit forced. It was €8 a pint, not a chance I’m launching that.

tommydazzle

Lots of beer throwing at the Green Man before the Wembley final. Couldn't understand it except the beer was like dishwater?

Just hope the twats wrecking ambulances etc are identified - shouldn't be hard as their whole purpose is 'look at me'.

Reactions: vow

ajsccfc

Saw a lovely instance on campus of everyone watching the Colombia game on the piazza including a small number of Colombian fans who started getting bottles and cans thrown at them when they equalised, recorded for posterity by a English girl in a wheelchair who happened to be near them but was apparently worth '10 points a hit'

itsabuzzard

I was in Linekers Bar in Ibiza for the Sweden game and it was absolutely mental. Never seen anything like it. Back in Empire on Wednesday.

The beer throwing does seem a bit forced. It was €8 a pint, not a chance I’m launching that.
Other than down your neck.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread