Throwing Pints in the air to celebrate? (1 Viewer)

capel & collindridge

I celebrated by carefully placing my dandelion and burdock back down on the table and gave a 10 second burst of 2 fingered royalty applause. It was an exciting day all round - before the game had started I updated my browser bookmark from BBC League 2 to League 1. What a Sunday!

You been spying on me? ;-)

The Great Eastern

When we played Liverpool at HR and won 4-0 (Gibbo hat trick) the 3rd goal was scored a few seconds before half-time. Loads of blokes had bought their half-time pies and beer in advance of a rush when the whistle went. Gibbo scores and all the beers went up in the air !
Can't remember the year so can someone enlighten me please ? Probably 30-35 years ago ?

oakey

After one of our goals at Wembley a lad a few to my left hurled part of a pint about 10 rows forward. Covered a load of people. Thoughtless
We got covered at Wembley when our second goal went in. Block 233.
Didn't mind at the time but seems a bit crazy

matesx

State of this

Media getting themselves all worked up about it about England fans celebrating, looking like bellends more like.

Funny as fuck I say :emoji_relaxed::emoji_beers::emoji_beers:

italiahorse

Pointless. A pub local to me got trashed after the Tunisia game with someone throwing a pint at the projector and breaking it. Smashed glass all over the floor as well.

I tend to avoid the horrendously overcrowded pubs like that now on matchdays, watched it at 2 other places with maybe 20 other people in there.

2e4f68011f11bd99e3edae1cf930e9dc.jpg
e61cf9f1ea249309dd4b159dde37e280.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

theferret

Really? People getting annoyed about this? So what. It's kids mainly. If they want to waste their beer let them. If property is damaged that's different. If someone gets hurt, same. But that video above is just youthful stupidity. Who cares.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

I got covered at Wembley by something (I hope it was beer!) that some tosser thought it was a laugh throwing the contents of his plastic cup after the second goal.
I think you would know if it wasn't beer by the smell or if you happened to taste it. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Nick

Administrator
Really? People getting annoyed about this? So what. It's kids mainly. If they want to waste their beer let them. If property is damaged that's different. If someone gets hurt, same. But that video above is just youthful stupidity. Who cares.

Hardly annoyed, just pointing out they are massive twats.

Hardly kids either. Kids are 8 or 9, they are adults.

Reactions: Bez

fernandopartridge

When we played Liverpool at HR and won 4-0 (Gibbo hat trick) the 3rd goal was scored a few seconds before half-time. Loads of blokes had bought their half-time pies and beer in advance of a rush when the whistle went. Gibbo scores and all the beers went up in the air !
Can't remember the year so can someone enlighten me please ? Probably 30-35 years ago ?
December 1983

Johhny Blue

I celebrated by carefully placing my dandelion and burdock back down on the table and gave a 10 second burst of 2 fingered royalty applause. It was an exciting day all round - before the game had started I updated my browser bookmark from BBC League 2 to League 1. What a Sunday!
I kept meaning to change mine from league one to league two and never got around to it

CJ_covblaze

Why's it going to happen if there's a goal?

It's another reason to prevent drinking in view of the pitch because people feel the need to lob pints into the air.

Because when there’s a goal the sudden out pouring of emotion can cause your arms to go above your head before you’ve realised you’ve got the pint in your hand.

CJ_covblaze

I can understand accidentally spilling a pint when there's a goal and you get excited but what idiot deliberately chucks a pint in the air.

a) beer is not cheap
b) what goes up must come down

Deliberately doing it is a different thing. I don’t get it. I’ve seen some start celebrating, pick their drink up and throw it. Pure stupidity.

CJ_covblaze

Can't think of much worse places to watch an England game than somewhere like that. Probably the the same kind of people who sing the awful 10 German bombers song.

It’s the same twats that were singing the Dambusters song during the German anthem in Dortmund or those that were booing the Dutch one. It’s great to have several thousand turn up. Volgograd and Nizhny were superb though. Smaller numbers but we didn’t get the “stag doo crowd”. Kaliningrad could potentially put a downer on this whole trip due to that.

larry_david

Funny thing is this is after beating the worst world Cup side in years. Be like cov putting 6 past Stratford Town in the fa Cup and then going mental trashing the place saying we're going to Wembley

Nick

Administrator
Because when there’s a goal the sudden out pouring of emotion can cause your arms to go above your head before you’ve realised you’ve got the pint in your hand.

I still can't see it, why don't people throw their phones and other objects?

theferret

I still can't see it, why don't people throw their phones and other objects?

I've thrown my son in the air a number of times, does that count?

I've been known to go apeshit, it's what football does to you. Never understood how some people can stay so restrained during a goal celebration.

This stuff with the beer is silly. But if they're doing it amongst themselves and choosing to stand there knowing what will happen, well so what. They're kids most of them. I think back to some of the stuff I did watching football in my late teens and cringe.

Nick

Administrator
I've thrown my son in the air a number of times, does that count?

I've been known to go apeshit, it's what football does to you. Never understood how some people can stay so restrained during a goal celebration.

This stuff with the beer is silly. But if they're doing it amongst themselves and choosing to stand there knowing what will happen, well so what. They're kids most of them. I think back to some of the stuff I did watching football in my late teens and cringe.

I'm not saying people should stand still and nod their head in appreciation. I am all for jumping about and going mental but don't see the point in people going out of their way to throw pints in the air whether they are in the pub or a football stadium.

It's one more reason why they won't be allowing people to drink at games in view of the pitch.

There was a woman at MK dons who got hit with a drink, she didn't stand there knowing what would happen so it's not really "so what".

djr8369

It’s also not like they’re spilling or dropping their pints with excitement, as some are making out, they are actively throwing them several metres. It’s almost like trying to prove a point “look how much this means to me compared to you”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
It’s also not like they’re spilling or dropping their pints with excitement, as some are making out, they are actively throwing them several metres. It’s almost like trying to prove a point “look how much this means to me compared to you”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I mean, it isn't just jumping up and it falling over or a pint being spilled it is lobbing it as high as possible.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

It’s the same twats that were singing the Dambusters song during the German anthem in Dortmund or those that were booing the Dutch one. It’s great to have several thousand turn up. Volgograd and Nizhny were superb though. Smaller numbers but we didn’t get the “stag doo crowd”. Kaliningrad could potentially put a downer on this whole trip due to that.

At England, the stag do brigade came in just before Euro 2016! Have you noticed some of this being copied over at City away games?

Wish I was going to Kaliningrad but was priced out of it, which is a shame after I managed Dortmund, Glasgow and Amsterdam.

pastythegreat

I can understand if they’re watching a match. If someone was holding a drink and suddenly there’s a goal it’s going to happen. What I don’t get is why large groups start doing it when there’s a chant. It’s pre planned or at least enough time to know it’s going to happen. What’s the point?!
No, I understand spilling a pint during a celebration. But full on throwing a pint over 30 ppl is stupid. Shit pint in a plastic glass you paid best part of £6-£7 for and you throw it 30 rows away because we scored a goal?!?! VERY strange.
People at concerts that piss in cups and throw that too! Cunts. Deserve banning from live events with other ppl

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I've noticed a difference in the last few years between being knocked over and spilling your pint (happened to me in the Germany game where we lost 4-1), and deliberately chucking your pint in the air/through the air. It's definitely becoming more common and fashionable.

I don't really care what people do, but personally if it costs about £5 a pint I would probably prefer to drink it. I noticed at Wembley in the concourse area people were throwing their pints around for the first goal, then for the third back in the stand someone throw one from about 10 rows back and drenched us. I turned around and clocked who it was as his mate stitched him up. I suppose being 3-0 up I didn't really care I had been soaked, but there might be other people who wouldn't have thought that was alright.

I can't see this behaviour changing as when we've all had a few the temptation to behave a bit silly (especially at the football) does sometimes take over, and now it seems chucking a pint is deemed acceptable within that behaviour. It's not something I would personally enjoy doing as I accept there is a good chance of hitting an innocent person, but the lads lads lads on tour aren't really going to care about that. Unless someone gets a decent hiding from doing it and a statement is made, I can see a lot more pints being chucked.

...Especially when we win the world cup and get promoted next season...

Mucca Mad Boys

Funny thing is this is after beating the worst world Cup side in years. Be like cov putting 6 past Stratford Town in the fa Cup and then going mental trashing the place saying we're going to Wembley

How many times have we played teams like that and been frustrated? I remember Trinidad and Tobago holding us at 0-0 until 80 minutes in. How about 2010? The Sun's headline was E-A-S-Y after the groups were drawn. We came second in that group. We're playing very well this World Cup, which is a refreshing change. I'm not on record saying it on this forum, but I thought Southgate would've been a good choice even before Allardyce was appointed (who I also think would've done quite well).

Agreed that a lot of people were overdoing it, the game was secured when we went 2-0 up so there's no need for going crazy. I was at the Lille fan zone in 2016 when Sturridge scored his last-minute winner v Wales - that justified the scenes of hundreds of litres of pints of beer in the air and people jumping, sliding around in mud puddles. It's not for me though.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

How many times have we played teams like that and been frustrated? I remember Trinidad and Tobago holding us at 0-0 until 80 minutes in. How about 2010? The Sun's headline was E-A-S-Y after the groups were drawn. We came second in that group. We're playing very well this World Cup, which is a refreshing change. I'm not on record saying it on this forum, but I thought Southgate would've been a good choice even before Allardyce was appointed (who I also think would've done quite well).

Agreed that a lot of people were overdoing it, the game was secured when we went 2-0 up so there's no need for going crazy. I was at the Lille fan zone in 2016 when Sturridge scored his last-minute winner v Wales - that justified the scenes of hundreds of litres of pints of beer in the air and people jumping, sliding around in mud puddles. It's not for me though.

I was in Lens in the Stadium for the Wales game - the beer in the ground was 0.5% UEFA Approved Carlsberg, so was well worth chucking in the air!!

Mucca Mad Boys

I was in Lens in the Stadium for the Wales game - the beer in the ground was 0.5% UEFA Approved Carlsberg, so was well worth chucking in the air!!

How did you get England tickets btw? I want to follow us in 2020. Tickets for England (and a few other nations) games on Viagogo were horrendous (I don't recommend using them!) but ended up going to Wales v Russia, which was a quality game, shame I was in the Russia end.

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

How did you get England tickets btw? I want to follow us in 2020. Tickets for England (and a few other nations) games on Viagogo were horrendous (I don't recommend using them!) but ended up going to Wales v Russia, which was a quality game, shame I was in the Russia end.

So I don't bore you with a really long reply outlining all the terms and conditions.

Now: I'm in the Travel Club, pay £65 every two years and then you enter the ballot for tickets. You build up points (caps) the more games you go, which gives you more chance/opportunity of getting tickets and so on. Since joining I've done Germany, Amsterdam and Glasgow through the club.
You have to have ID/your membership card to collect tickets and they won't post them out in advance - so your chances of getting tickets in the England end are low, unless you find someone out there who has travelled all that way and doesn't want to go to the game. For Tournaments though, they post the group stage tickets out in advance, so if you wanted to see England at Euro 2020, you would have a better chance of getting to see them at the group stages. Knockout round tickets and it's back to collection with ID....

Pre-Euros/Euros: was lucky enough to work with someone who went on England away for a weekend on the piss with his mates, which was brilliant for Berlin, where he didn't go to the game! For the Russia/Wales games, they were tournament group stage games, and he was on holiday when they were being played, so he applied for them for myself and someone else and they were posted out in advance. Was fine getting into the ground even though they had his name and fan number on - with 10k people trying to get into an away end they didn't have time to check.

If I was you, I'd join the travel club. I started in 2016 with 0 caps and still managed to get tickets for Scotland, Dortmund and Amsterdam away, so you've got a chance of building points up and getting decent away tickets!! Buy tickets for the home games, get a fiver off, and just flog them online and build your caps up. I've only seen England at Wembley once! You won't regret it.

Users who are viewing this thread