Throwing Pints in the air to celebrate? (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Funny you mention that. I noticed that on the news yesterday. I would hate that, I have to say. Then again, I would hate to gather with loads of drunk people to watch an England match.

olderskyblue

Funny you mention that. I noticed that on the news yesterday. I would hate that, I have to say. Then again, I would hate to gather with loads of drunk people to watch an England match.

The thing is, you actually gather with loads of sober people to start with..... ;)

djr8369

I don’t believe anyone is that excited they need to spontaneously throw their pint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Agree idiotic.

Remember MKDons away this season dozens of bottles and drinks being thrown when we scored, why!?

Yep, that one was pretty bad. Drinks everywhere, glass bottles all been thrown.

I don't get where it's come from, now according to the press it is "great scenes of celebration".

On here you have

1. Twats with man bags over their shoulder.
2. People too busy filming it
3. People lobbing their pints in the air.

Same twats probably moan they have to drink out of plastic cups.

I can't remember it ever really being the "thing to do".

CJ_covblaze

I can understand if they’re watching a match. If someone was holding a drink and suddenly there’s a goal it’s going to happen. What I don’t get is why large groups start doing it when there’s a chant. It’s pre planned or at least enough time to know it’s going to happen. What’s the point?!

Nick

Administrator
I can understand if they’re watching a match. If someone was holding a drink and suddenly there’s a goal it’s going to happen. What I don’t get is why large groups start doing it when there’s a chant. It’s pre planned or at least enough time to know it’s going to happen. What’s the point?!

Why's it going to happen if there's a goal?

It's another reason to prevent drinking in view of the pitch because people feel the need to lob pints into the air.

McLovin87

Was that your flag to the right of the goal yesterday mate?

Joy Division

Can't think of much worse places to watch an England game than somewhere like that. Probably the the same kind of people who sing the awful 10 German bombers song.

ccfcway

never understood this. Happens at gigs as well. no need for it at all. funny how it doesn't happen at other sports, never seen anyone do this at the cricket, rugby etc

Covstu

I don't get this at all! Why would you waste £4-5 on a pint to chuck it up in the air?? Then you have to go and get served again!?
I sort of understand it on the first game on the winning goal given the time but yesterday's goals against Panama, I just don't get.

Esoterica

Can't believe anyone needs to celebrate that hard for a goal against Panama, pint in the air or not.

Badger

I think it has definitely come from gigs but there it is not usually beer in the glasses/bottles. They do not want to lose their spot by going to the toilet

Terry Gibson's perm

Does it come from the spraying of champagne after winning something?

What a waste of money

chiefdave

I can understand accidentally spilling a pint when there's a goal and you get excited but what idiot deliberately chucks a pint in the air.

a) beer is not cheap
b) what goes up must come down

better days

It's been happening for years
A minority of nasty bastards who need a large right hander as a reminder of how to behave
A mate who was at the game last night told me the Russian authorities are allowing everyone to take beer into the stands to watch the game
Seen a few on TV from other nations holding pints

letsallsingtogether

So many ex pros, Lineker and shearer etc saying they love it.

It's embarrassing.
I have to admit it does look good wouldn' be happy if I got wet though.
I was in Manchester on Sunday watched the match at my sons then went into the centre, lots of fans singing and drinking everyone was happy.
When I was leaving about 8.30 to come home the same people were fighting in the middle of the road.
Some things never change.

Nick

Administrator
I have to admit it does look good wouldn' be happy if I got wet though.
I was in Manchester on Sunday watched the match at my sons then went into the centre, lots of fans singing and drinking everyone was happy.
When I was leaving about 8.30 to come home the same people were fighting in the middle of the road.
Some things never change.

What looks good about it?

Obviously nothing wrong with having a beer and watching the game, I can understand beers getting knocked over by mistake but I mean more the going out of their way to throw them in the air.

It's very strange, probably the same people who leave their beer in the toilet "by mistake".

hill83

What looks good about it?

Obviously nothing wrong with having a beer and watching the game, I can understand beers getting knocked over by mistake but I mean more the going out of their way to throw them in the air.

It's very strange, probably the same people who leave their beer in the toilet "by mistake".

Bet you’re a right laugh at food fights

Hugh Jarse

After one of our goals at Wembley a lad a few to my left hurled part of a pint about 10 rows forward. Covered a load of people. Thoughtless

I got covered at Wembley by something (I hope it was beer!) that some tosser thought it was a laugh throwing the contents of his plastic cup after the second goal.

SBAndy

Pointless. A pub local to me got trashed after the Tunisia game with someone throwing a pint at the projector and breaking it. Smashed glass all over the floor as well.

I tend to avoid the horrendously overcrowded pubs like that now on matchdays, watched it at 2 other places with maybe 20 other people in there.

itsabuzzard

I celebrated by carefully placing my dandelion and burdock back down on the table and gave a 10 second burst of 2 fingered royalty applause. It was an exciting day all round - before the game had started I updated my browser bookmark from BBC League 2 to League 1. What a Sunday!
That's what I call living on the edge.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread