this summer's cricket (1 Viewer)

Otis

Oh dear, oh dear.

Well played Scotland though.

Knives will be out in the press tomorrow.

chiefdave

Great performance from Scotland but just not good enough from England.

Really shows up the ICC's decision to reduce the number of sides in the World Cup. This is exactly the sort of game that makes the competition interesting.

tisza

Oh dear, oh dear.

Well played Scotland though.

Knives will be out in the press tomorrow.
rightly so.
dreadful bowling performance.
ridiculous resting Buttler for Billings.
said it earlier bowlers going through the motions assuming batters will bail them out.
don't care what Morgan said before the game they took Scotland far too lightly. Normally they would bat first and make the game safe.
ignore wicket & ground size Scotland shouldn't be getting over 320 let alone over 370

Grendel

chiefdave

This shows where a lot of the problems with English cricket, in all formats, lies. England have been embarrassed by Scotland but you've got the likes of Broad just shrugging it off as one of those things.

Losses like this should hurt, the players should be embarrassed and want to respond. Same as the performances in the winter. They're too comfortable in their positions. Losing and performing poorly has no consequence.

Terry Gibson's perm

This shows where a lot of the problems with English cricket, in all formats, lies. England have been embarrassed by Scotland but you've got the likes of Broad just shrugging it off as one of those things.

Losses like this should hurt, the players should be embarrassed and want to respond. Same as the performances in the winter. They're too comfortable in their positions. Losing and performing poorly has no consequence.

Shows how bad at one day cricket Broad is as he can’t even get in this side

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Morgan out injured so they’ve gone Billings over Malan! Ridiculous! He won’t have to score a run between now and the World Cup and he’ll still be in the squad!

tisza

Morgan out injured so they’ve gone Billings over Malan! Ridiculous! He won’t have to score a run between now and the World Cup and he’ll still be in the squad!
somebody explain Billings to me.. Out of form in all forms of cricket this year.
Rather go back to Vince just for one day cricket. There's a lot of other one day players that deserve a chance.

SkyBlueSoul

Australia 111-4, we were 134-2 at this stage. If we can break Marsh and Maxwell up, I'd fancy us to go on and win this but it's never that easy atm!

tisza

this is the difference between the one-day and the Test side. One day batsmen keep stepping up and saying "right try and drop me". I admit I was ready to give Hales some stick after his poor 12 month form.

tisza

3-0 up
Now send Root, Buttler, Wood & Bairstow back to counties for some red ball cricket and give the fringe players a run out! (That’s what I’d do but it won’t happen)
This. We've got 3 quicks who are all susceptible to injury and 2 of them aren't that good anyway. At least get 1 or 2 quicks in for the experience eg Tom Curran, porter.

chiefdave

The women have annihilated South Africa in tonights T20. Made a world record 250-3 with Beaumont getting 116 and then 129-6 for South Africa. Victory by 121 runs.

Users who are viewing this thread