this summer's cricket (1 Viewer)

tisza

Stokes dismissal just sums up England atm.
Brainless. So much ability but seemingly little cricket sense.
really has been an inept performance all round

Gazolba

Fill in the blanks:
ENGLAND C _ _ _ _ _ _ E

Otis

giphy.gif

Otis

150 for Buttler
Ton for Bess
England set them 240 and bowl them out for 215.....
If we could get anywhere close would be good, but I can't see it. One wicket to break this partnership and the rest could tumble very quickly.

Fingers crossed we do make a competitive score though.

chiefdave

A 200 lead and you could have a game but it’s still a good batting pitch.

As Otis says one England wicket often becomes more.

Gazolba

Buttler and Bess, sounds like a comedy duo.
Great fight back, but I bet we lose a couple of quick wickets tomorrow.

tisza

just embarrassing.
Pakistan better plans, better prepared.
Got to wonder whether proper preparation in terms of warm-up games had them at a much higher level coming in. (in contrast to the weak preparation games - if any - England usually have on overseas tours)

chiefdave

The interview with Bayliss was a concern. Seemed totally out of ideas and struggling to answer questions.

Terry Gibson's perm

Nasser summed it up England can’t bowl in foreign conditions but can bat and can’t bat in English ones but can bowl

Gazolba

Now take Anderson, Broad and Cook out of the side, none of whom can be too far from retiring from international cricket. Doesn't look good then.
I don't think Cook will be that great a loss. He peaked a long time ago.

SBAndy

I don't think Cook will be that great a loss. He peaked a long time ago.

And yet we've been scratching around for an opener to partner him since Strauss retired. Imagine if we were scratching around for 2 openers all of a sudden, with only a list of substandard players to choose from.

I think before long Bairstow will be opening.

Terry Gibson's perm

just embarrassing.
Pakistan better plans, better prepared.
Got to wonder whether proper preparation in terms of warm-up games had them at a much higher level coming in. (in contrast to the weak preparation games - if any - England usually have on overseas tours)

They were poor in allowing the ipl players to stay so long leaving them unprepared they should be told anybody not back for the start of the county season need not bother coming back as they won’t be picked for the early tests.

In the ipl today I see a team of mercenaries beat another team of mercenaries.

Pakistan played the moving ball much better and played proper test cricket.

tisza

They were poor in allowing the ipl players to stay so long leaving them unprepared they should be told anybody not back for the start of the county season need not bother coming back as they won’t be picked for the early tests.

In the ipl today I see a team of mercenaries beat another team of mercenaries.

Pakistan played the moving ball much better and played proper test cricket.
Problem is I think the ECB etc. are now encouraging/allowing these players to have max. exposure to IPL to compete at a higher 20/20 level. Prioritising 20/20 team over Test side.
Allowing players just to opt for white ball cricket another example.

Terry Gibson's perm

Problem is I think the ECB etc. are now encouraging/allowing these players to have max. exposure to IPL to compete at a higher 20/20 level. Prioritising 20/20 team over Test side.
Allowing players just to opt for white ball cricket another example.

It’s a real shame that the ecb are moving away from real cricket.

Terry Gibson's perm

Now take Anderson, Broad and Cook out of the side, none of whom can be too far from retiring from international cricket. Doesn't look good then.

They will miss Anderson and cook more than Broad as he has gone another test taking one wicket but then again he is due his once a series blast to keep his place in the side.

Terry Gibson's perm

Everyone who does a job for money is a mercenary.

It’s the most over rated cricket ever mainly played by average Australian players and has beens, I love cricket but find it unwatchable and will probably feel the same about the 100 ball game

Grendel

How much longer does Root have as captain - his record since last summer is dire.

Grendel

Who would replace him if there was a decent candidate I would get rid tomorrow his judgement at the toss was flawed

The only reason he is captain is he’s one of the few players that’s assured of a place. The team looks lost and a bunch of strangers with no collective spirit.

They have to find someone. If he loses both test series this summer he can’t survive.

chiefdave

Keaton Jennings in for Stoneman for the next test. Because clearly its just one play not performing.

tisza

The only reason he is captain is he’s one of the few players that’s assured of a place. The team looks lost and a bunch of strangers with no collective spirit.

They have to find someone. If he loses both test series this summer he can’t survive.
Root has held his form with the bat as captain but that's it.
Viable alternatives aren't there in current side unless you bring in an outsider that has happened in the past but with little success.
There is a collective spirit but it just seems to be a "matey" one rather than a professional team spirit. It needs a couple of dull "Trotts" rather a bunch of "jack the lads".

Terry Gibson's perm

Keaton Jennings in for Stoneman for the next test. Because clearly its just one play not performing.

It’s just easy to change one, I would have left out Malan and Broad the undropable and probably picked three openers.

Users who are viewing this thread