this summer's cricket (1 Viewer)

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Warwickshire chasing 519 to win (which would be the 2nd highest run chase in the history of cricket)

End the day 229-1
290 more needed tomorrow, surely not......

SkyBlueSoul

109 needed, 3 wickets in hand. One of them being Hose on 46. Looking unlikely now.

They couldn’t...could they?

chiefdave

109 needed, 3 wickets in hand. One of them being Hose on 46. Looking unlikely now.

They couldn’t...could they?
Too many wickets went in a 50 run spell after the partnership was broken. If one or two of the had stuck around then it would definitely be on. Going to be a struggle now. Basically need to get Hose on strike as much as possible and hip he can do it pretty much on his own.

SkyBlueSoul

Just got in the taxi on the way to OT. Bought the ticket before the World Cup draw so lucked out there but if you offered me this or England v Panama outside the WC it’d be a no brainer so not too gutted. It’s on in the fan zone anyway if I fancy.

Let’s hope for some more fireworks and a first whitewash!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

good to have another look at Ball and Sam Curran before WC and with series won

Yep agree I’d rather let them play and lose than stick with the usual and win!
We need to see why else is out there!
Not a great start for Curran so far but another 8 overs potentially to make amends!

SkyBlueSoul

d62dc5bc603ffc9d0249f6e7c93ea786.jpg

Not looking good so far!

Greggs

Proud to be an English Sports fan this weekend. We even won at the egg chasing!

Greggs

Me and the bloke next to me were saying the same. I love a world record as much as the next guy but that was a proper game of cricket.

Fantastic, absolutely buzzing!
You were there? Or just got a random stranger sat next to you in the lounge?

SkyBlueSoul

You were there? Or just got a random stranger sat next to you in the lounge?

I refer you to my earlier post

Just got in the taxi on the way to OT. Bought the ticket before the World Cup draw so lucked out there but if you offered me this or England v Panama outside the WC it’d be a no brainer so not too gutted. It’s on in the fan zone anyway if I fancy.

Let’s hope for some more fireworks and a first whitewash!

tisza

Don't know why some media are playing down the results with talking down Aussie side. We have just caned them 4-1 on their pitches with their best players playing.

Terry Gibson's perm

It looks a strong group with stokes and Woakes to come back and with Hain starting to apply pressure from the a team

Otis

Shame I had to forgo it in order to watch the football.

Not quite the same on catch up, as I was whizzing through the recording.

chiefdave

Anyone else enter the world cup ballot? Pretty happy with mine, got New Zealand v South Africa and England v India as well as the semi at Edgbaston.

Did put in for England v Australia at Lords and the final but wasn't expecting to get those, thought I might as well give it a try on the off chance.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Anyone else enter the world cup ballot? Pretty happy with mine, got New Zealand v South Africa and England v India as well as the semi at Edgbaston.

Did put in for England v Australia at Lords and the final but wasn't expecting to get those, thought I might as well give it a try on the off chance.

Prices put me off!
Good games you’ve got there though!

chiefdave

Prices put me off!
Good games you’ve got there though!
To be honest I've spent way more than I can really afford. Wasn't expecting to get either England v India or the semi, certainly not both.

Only put New Zealand v South Africa down as I figured if they spread the World Cup round a bit and with new nations coming through it could be a long time before its held here again so I might not get another chance!

henry the wasp

Unreal. Didn't get any! Entered for every price range at Edgbaston aswell. Utter joke.
Well done for getting yours. You've dropped on there.
Have to wait for the public ballot 1st August now.

Greggs

Brookes taking wickets again for Warwicks (Birmingham Bears). PLaying Yorkshire in the T20. He's an immense talent. 18 and bowls at 90mph. I think he has younger brothers at the club too?

Users who are viewing this thread