Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

this summer's cricket

Root needs a ton at least today to save some pride
 
Bowlers all over the England batsmen.

4 India seamers all been quicker on Ave than the 4 England seamers.
 
I cannot understand how we can blow them away in the last two tests and not turn up here. Don’t get me wrong India are a quality side but we should be smashing them at home
 
Bowlers all over the England batsmen.

4 India seamers all been quicker on Ave than the 4 England seamers.
They'll tire themselves out soon though and then we'll only have to deal with some easy spin.
 
I cannot understand how we can blow them away in the last two tests and not turn up here. Don’t get me wrong India are a quality side but we should be smashing them at home

We didn’t really blow them away in the first test. Ok the second yes but conditions were hugely weighted in our favour - root is not a captain and a team with no leader in cricket ultimately suffers
 
We didn’t really blow them away in the first test. Ok the second yes but conditions were hugely weighted in our favour - root is not a captain and a team with no leader in cricket ultimately suffers
Fair comment but it was a comfortable victory in the end. Home advantage is ridiculous in cricket at the moment. Root was a choice because there were no choices
 
You’d have to fancy India at Southampton as well, especially if it’s the usual turning wicket down there as well!

If I was picking the side for the next test I’d go-
Burns
Cook
Ali
Root
Pope
Stokes
Buttler
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

I still feel that too aggressive, I’d like to stick a Hildreth in there somewhere but that’ll never happen.
 
Stokes and Buttler putting up some stiff resistance but you have to feel it's only a matter of time.
 
Yeah, but it's a pride only exercise.

Making a real fist of it, but the only thing that can save us now is bad weather.

One more wicket and I would expect us to fold. New ball in 3 overs, so it will be interesting to see how the ball's moving about then.
 
Buttler and Bairstow out in successive balls!
Now it's up to Stokes and Woakes, who hits his first ball for four.
 
And there goes Woakes ...
 
You’d have to fancy India at Southampton as well, especially if it’s the usual turning wicket down there as well!

If I was picking the side for the next test I’d go-
Burns
Cook
Ali
Root
Pope
Stokes
Buttler
Woakes
Rashid
Broad
Anderson

I still feel that too aggressive, I’d like to stick a Hildreth in there somewhere but that’ll never happen.

The problem with modern cricket is that there is no adjustment time for overseas teams. The first two tests were almost like getting used to conditions for the Indian batsmen.

Yes Southampton will spin. The idiotic decision to play Rashid will be exposed of he’s still in the team
 
Rashid gets a reprieve, he's caught but it's adjudged a no ball.
 
The problem with modern cricket is that there is no adjustment time for overseas teams. The first two tests were almost like getting used to conditions for the Indian batsmen.

Yes Southampton will spin. The idiotic decision to play Rashid will be exposed of he’s still in the team

Didn’t help that India decided to cut short their 4 day tour game v Essex to 3 days because they didn’t like their hotel.

I always think the England Lions should play the touring team.
 
Another one, surely wrapped up tonight
 
We hold out. Pray for rain - but that would be cruel to India.
 
Rain isn't going to save us from this defeat. Should have just kept playing tonight and got it over and done with.
 
Could England declare at their current total thus saving everyone the bother of a fifth day?
 
It's going to look a little silly if the final wicket falls in the first over.
 
Soooooo, Vince in for Bairstow then...
 
Soooooo, Vince in for Bairstow then...

Vince to nick off to slip for 20 playing a cover drive.....
Guess fact it’s his home ground and he scored a ton their in the week nailed it on.

They’re saying Bairstow could be fit to bat not sure how with a fracture and having to field as well.

I’d rather Ali played instead of Vince who if a position needed filling.
 
It does feel quite circular doesn't it? Vince does well in FC cricket, gets called up, weakness outside off exposed, gets dropped. Does well in FC cricket, gets called up etc etc.
 
How do players like Clarke at Worcestershire get a go move to Surrey?

Stoneman was the best example used to score runs for fun at Durham on a difficult wicket up there, started not as well at Surrey and straight in!

Footit did the same at Derby no call up went to Surrey didn’t even play a game for them and was in!
 
It does feel quite circular doesn't it? Vince does well in FC cricket, gets called up, weakness outside off exposed, gets dropped. Does well in FC cricket, gets called up etc etc.

I’ll say his name for the millionth time but James Hildreth how hasn’t he been given a go!?
 
I’ll say his name for the millionth time but James Hildreth how hasn’t he been given a go!?

It must be the easiest job in the world being an England selector batsman gets injured call up James Vince and bowler Mark Wood. I think Root must be on borrowed time as captain as flavour of the month Buttler is being moved into position
 
Joe Denly would be unlucky not to get a call up for the winter tours on current form with bat and ball!
What a delivery to get Buttler first ball!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom