this summer's cricket (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

The pictures the police took of the 'injuries' are doing the rounds now. Looking at those its incredible to think it ended up in court.

Macca

Amazes me Hales got away with it. Kicking and stamping on a guy on the ground. Whether it should have gone to court is a matter for debate but it was still unacceptable drunken thuggish behaviour that shouldn't be ignored by ECB Papers now saying CPS wanted to add 2 charges of ABH which would have taken it to a whole another level

Apparently it's acceptable if it's a "scrap".

I personally find kicking people in the head abhorrent and the behaviour of pussys

tisza

Curran dropped for Stokes is bloody harsh in my view!!
Thought Trent Bridge would suit Curran.
I would still have preferred they drop Stokes for disciplinary reasons. Anything after this game (and hopefully series won) is going to look cynical anyway. Whatever the outcome of the court case still very poor being pissed up and fighting in the street.

chiefdave

I don't think Stokes should be disciplined further. He's missed enough cricket over something he's ultimately not been convicted of. But I wouldn't have thought he'd have much room for complaint if they said they were sticking with a winning team.

Macca

nothing to do with what he's done just think it's the wrong choice. Hope it backfires. Naive captaincy

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Bowling first today, no surprise considering how fragile India batting order is at present.

Ball doesn’t look like it’s doing too much at min.

tisza

I don't think Stokes should be disciplined further. He's missed enough cricket over something he's ultimately not been convicted of. But I wouldn't have thought he'd have much room for complaint if they said they were sticking with a winning team.
It's poor. Curran has been playing well. Wasn't he Mom 1st Test?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

It's poor. Curran has been playing well. Wasn't he Mom 1st Test?
Yep if you were to drop anyone it’s be Buttler but he’s vice captain and ‘one of the boys’, again just sends out the wrong message!
He’s (Curran) averaging 42 with the bat and 24 with the ball.

chiefdave

Looks like we could have a decent match on our hands this time. Unless England decide to collapse.

Why do the Indian slips stand so close together all the time. Thought someone would have a word after it was highlighted in the last test.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

75-3 little of bit of pressure on England now, need to get 300 minimum, looks good batting conditions, soft dismissals especially Jennings and Pope

SkyBlueSoul

d1c7247b5ed3e4ea03a78671b525ece3.gif

Otis

You always know an England collapse is just around the corner.

Going to be well adrift here of the Indian first innings total and we will surely now get hammered out of sight.

Gazolba

Feel sorry for the bowlers, they could have done with a bit more rest before bowling again.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

England bowlers must get right peed off with the batsmen, don’t score runs, you run yourself into the ground bowling and they drop sitters off your bowling in the slips!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Another disaster day, topped off by Bairstow fracturing his finger that’ll be him done for the series.

Be interesting to see who comes in, Ali currently 73* for Worcs could offer extra spin option at Hampshire.

Vince 86* erghhh

Malan first baller

Or do they go new youngster in Burns or Clarke or Hildreth for a debut at 33?

Grendel

Another disaster day, topped off by Bairstow fracturing his finger that’ll be him done for the series.

Be interesting to see who comes in, Ali currently 73* for Worcs could offer extra spin option at Hampshire.

Vince 86* erghhh

Malan first baller

Or do they go new youngster in Burns or Clarke or Hildreth for a debut at 33?

I’m a way it’s a good thing. Roots captaincy is a joke and has to be addressed. He can’t captain overseas it’s just a farce.

tisza

again England bowlers look dull unless things go right for them early on.
Bairstow replacement will be a more experienced player on the back of a probable hammering in this Test and Indian tails being up.

tisza

I'm fully expecting a couple of quick England wickets to fall, followed by a middle-order collapse later on.
Just can't see any England batsman sticking around all day.
still my old boring point about England team - what is wrong with having a dull run accumulator at 3 or even as a 2nd opener? A solid player is an enabler for everyone else. Going to get slaughtered in Sri Lanka if we can't find one.

Terry Gibson's perm

still my old boring point about England team - what is wrong with having a dull run accumulator at 3 or even as a 2nd opener? A solid player is an enabler for everyone else. Going to get slaughtered in Sri Lanka if we can't find one.

Cook is supposed to be that but I think his time is coming to an end unless he can get a big score

Users who are viewing this thread