this summer's cricket (1 Viewer)

SkyBlueSoul

This quarter's been a good watch so far, explosive start to both innings for the bowlers. Nice to see the bat not winning every now and then

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

This quarter's been a good watch so far, explosive start to both innings for the bowlers. Nice to see the bat not winning every now and then

Totally agree, good to see some English spinners in action, that Parkinson looks useful couple of times I’ve seen him.

Still think Lancs will sneak this, hoping for Kent though.

SkyBlueSoul

Got there in the end. Some great batting at the end and a beautiful shot to finish it all off. Really wish I'd bought a finals day ticket now!

Terry Gibson's perm

Was bored last night and sat watching the pyjama cricket from the Caribbean thecatch that Evan Lewis took on the boundary is unbelievable and the bowling from Irfan was unplayable 4 3 1 2 and I fell asleep for the final over where he gave the run away

Gazolba

The Indians have said they are going to target Bairstow's finger. They must have very accurate bowling.

tisza

The Indians have said they are going to target Bairstow's finger. They must have very accurate bowling.
Not sure I like this. One thing to target a batsman because he's not good against bouncers etc. But to target an injured body part seems wrong.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Not sure I like this. One thing to target a batsman because he's not good against bouncers etc. But to target an injured body part seems wrong.

They’ll try and hit him with shortish balls get a shirt leg in etc then I’m sure there will be the odd full Yorker.

It’s all to get in his mind I feel, still can’t understand how he’s fit to play.

Terry Gibson's perm

Not a full house again I hope they are going to keep mentioning it like they did at Edgbaston flying now at 46 for 4

Covstu

Appalling start as usual, Cook not turning up again and disappointing knock by JB. Have to rely on Stokes and Buttler to get some runs to save some face here.

Terry Gibson's perm

Appalling start as usual, Cook not turning up again and disappointing knock by JB. Have to rely on Stokes and Buttler to get some runs to save some face here.

Somebody needs to be brave and put cook out of his misery

Otis

Be very lucky if we make 200. This partnership is crucial I think. One more wicket and we'll fold I'm sure.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Be very lucky if we make 200. This partnership is crucial I think. One more wicket and we'll fold I'm sure.

India will get 450+ as well.

Joke how fragile the batting is, on a positive note batting coach Mark Rampraskash is favourite for the Middlesex head coach job so hopefully he’ll get that and someone new will have to come in.

Covstu

agree, if these two don't settle in we are in big trouble. Didn't see the logic of bringing in two spinners into the side either, we wont beat them that way!!

Terry Gibson's perm

Joke how fragile the batting is, on a positive note batting coach Mark Rampraskash is favourite for the Middlesex head coach job so hopefully he’ll get that and someone new will have to come in.

Couldn’t agree more ther batsman have gone backwards under him they need Graham Thorpe or somebody who will have just retired from the game and new how to bat at the correct pace for test cricket

Covstu

it needs some fresh legs at the open. We rarely get 100+ from our front two but we seem to switch Cook's partner to try and find that solution all of the time, lets switch Cook with someone else and look elsewhere as it hasn't worked for a while now. Big fan of cook but he hasn't performed for a long while and needs to be dropped.

Otis

it needs some fresh legs at the open. We rarely get 100+ from our front two but we seem to switch Cook's partner to try and find that solution all of the time, lets switch Cook with someone else and look elsewhere as it hasn't worked for a while now. Big fan of cook but he hasn't performed for a long while and needs to be dropped.
Yep. Time for the king is dead, long live the king.

tisza

just because he can dance doesn't mean he can coach.
Had many technical shortcomings of his own at Test level.
But overall it's poor batting again from a side which just can't score enough runs at Test level.

Otis

Bit of steadying the ship going on at the moment though, but you still think we could crumble easily.

The mantle of saving us now lies with Ali and Curran.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Am I being harsh, or did Root have a point with his review?

I has only just switched on the TV and saw the slow mo and it looked plum to me.

At first watch it looked like it hit him outside the line, Hawkeye said in line not even umpires call.

When you get 3 reds on the review it’s a very poor review!

Otis

221-8.

In the grand scheme of things that's not too bad. We looked like we would be well short of the double ton at one point.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

221-8.

In the grand scheme of things that's not too bad. We looked like we would be well short of the double ton at one point.

If they can get 260 and maybe a couple of overs at India tonight.
First hour tomorrow (when I’d imagine England will be bowling) is massive you feel!

Users who are viewing this thread