This Summer (3 Viewers)

Sky Blue Harry H

Can see 2 of the 3 (gyok and gus) leaving and not being adequately replaced but I hope I am wrong

If you can see the first bit happening, fair enough, but how can you envisage them not being adequately replaced. When we signed the pair of them initially, it was 'who?' and a 'meh' from the majority of the fanbase. I love Gus and Gyo, but no players are irreplaceable, and the team we follow now will probably have 10/11 different starters in 3/4 years time, as will the majority of clubs. Players come and go
On a side note, you didn't envisage our last minute equaliser either ; )

Ccfcisparks

If you can see the first bit happening, fair enough, but how can you envisage them not being adequately replaced. When we signed the pair of them initially, it was 'who?' and a 'meh' from the majority of the fanbase. I love Gus and Gyo, but no players are irreplaceable, and the team we follow now will probably have 10/11 different starters in 3/4 years time, as will the majority of clubs. Players come and go
I seem to remember everyone being really excited when we signed Gus

SkyblueTexan

Watching the EFL Trophy final. Sutton have played fairly well and have some decent players. They actually taken the lead now. We might need to unearth some gems from the lower leagues considering our budget, especially if we want to hang on to our main assets.

Sky Blue Harry H

I seem to remember everyone being really excited when we signed Gus

Excited, but still 'who? Nobody had a clue what he was going to be like - aside from a few Youtube clips (that also made Kastaneer look like a world beater!(

Last edited:

Sky Blue Harry H

get rid of the deadwood, but do our best to keep 3 key, players, o'hare, hamer and Gyökeres,

Agree - but we also need to replace the deadwood with bodies to have a squad big enough to cope. Therein lies the problem - not all signings pay off, and even with a bigger budget, we will have to take a chance on potential, rather than ready made, good to go.

rexo87

Defence is far more important than improving our midfield and forwards. Kane and Dabo are probably good enough for us to leave the RWB slot but I think we will need at least 2 CB's in the summer and at least 1 LWB

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

How much would you value them three at?

Gyo I'd be unhappy at anything under £8m, Hamer 6-7m, but has potential to increase (both of these have potential to increase in value if we keep them for another season, or arguably decrease?! Cal O'Hare - difficult, because I can't think how you replace him, unless there is someone abroad who I've never heard of. Can't think of anyone similar in the EFL. Just love his personality and work ethic.

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I think they will be replaced - but I don’t think we will be able to bring in anyone with the same quality they had. And yes , I didn’t envisage it to be fair , But I had stayed for all the others including huddersfield away so My luck had to run out at one point

Terry Gibson's perm

I have said for a while that I can see Norwich coming in for any or all of the big three we have as they will need to rebuild.

I like Jorge Grant at Peterborough but they are good at getting top value for their players.

We also potentially have the cost of the returning loans.

We also need to get rid of a few of the under 23’s that are no use to the first team they may not cost a lot in championship terms but they are a drain.

SlowerThanPlatt

I have said for a while that I can see Norwich coming in for any or all of the big three we have as they will need to rebuild.

I like Jorge Grant at Peterborough but they are good at getting top value for their players.

We also potentially have the cost of the returning loans.

We also need to get rid of a few of the under 23’s that are no use to the first team they may not cost a lot in championship terms but they are a drain.

I don’t think Grant has even been starting for Peterborough recently

Terry Gibson's perm

I don’t think Grant has even been starting for Peterborough recently

Maybe I can’t say I watch them much but whenever I see him play he looks an adventurous type.

I forgot to say the player I always go on about and that is Sawyers at West Brom who is on loan at Stoke.

SlowerThanPlatt

Watching the EFL Trophy final. Sutton have played fairly well and have some decent players. They actually taken the lead now. We might need to unearth some gems from the lower leagues considering our budget, especially if we want to hang on to our main assets.
96th min equaliser for Rotherham!

Grendel

Lovely Whataboutery yet again. No you’re right no one would be interested in any of our players. How would you improve the squad in the summer?

Loans with high interest or
Selling an asset and reinvesting some of that money!

Whataboutery yawn

if you really injected a truth drug (you’d probably need a needle the size of a rocket ship) and injected it into Seppalla and Fisher then they would have been unprepared and not expecting a championship promotion and weren’t prepared for it.

it’s far far easier to find a competitive wage spend and transfer fees at the levels below

We have sold a lot of players for large fees prior to last season.

Mccallum
Baylis
Thomas
Stevenson
Maddison
Chaplin

the fees attracted as they were to bigger clubs were much higher than we needed as replacements

Perfect example being Godden for Chaplin.

paid less than received no issue on wages an established player

Now we have to sell then try and buy for less pay less and expect to be competitive

It’s different - we’ve a poundshop set up which isn’t workable

Grendel

Sky Blue Pete

Whataboutery yawn

if you really injected a truth drug (you’d probably need a needle the size of a rocket ship) and injected it into Seppalla and Fisher then they would have been unprepared and not expecting a championship promotion and weren’t prepared for it.

it’s far far easier to find a competitive wage spend and transfer fees at the levels below

We have sold a lot of players for large fees prior to last season.

Mccallum
Baylis
Thomas
Stevenson
Maddison
Chaplin

the fees attracted as they were to bigger clubs were much higher than we needed as replacements

Perfect example being Godden for Chaplin.

paid less than received no issue on wages an established player

Now we have to sell then try and buy for less pay less and expect to be competitive

It’s different - we’ve a poundshop set up which isn’t workable
Well how are we competing then? Only Maddison is a loss and possibly McCallum

shmmeee

I think that’s where a likely big player sale will have to come in unfortunately

I just hope it’s a big enough sale to fund everything that’s required. I may be wrong but I can’t see the £10m figures being talked about as accurate and not sure £3-5m will be enough.

sylus

some of you's on here would flog your granny for a fiver, and then ask for change.

mark82

I just hope it’s a big enough sale to fund everything that’s required. I may be wrong but I can’t see the £10m figures being talked about as accurate and not sure £3-5m will be enough.

Not saying Gyökeres is as good, but Ollie Watkins went for 30 million. Neil Maupay was 20 million. Ollie McBurnie was 17 million. Benik Afobe 12 million (twice).

10 million should probably be what we're targeting. If it's too soon to get that then we should hold.

Users who are viewing this thread