This Summer (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Well how are we competing then? Only Maddison is a loss and possibly McCallum

Ive just explained how. It’s fuck all to do with Boddy and co. The Maddison deal was structured by Anderson and it was the main reason we survived abs could compete for several seasons. Wilson was the arrangement before that

Boddy isn’t remotely capable of constructing those sorts of deals. I wasn’t keen on Wagott but he and Anderson are a different league. The blokes a non league CEO in the championship

harvey098

Slight twist on the same theme…

If we had to sell two to keep one… who would you sell?

(obviously out of O’Hare, Gyok and Gus)

For me, I keep Gus.

clint van damme

Not saying Gyökeres is as good, but Ollie Watkins went for 30 million. Neil Maupay was 20 million. Ollie McBurnie was 17 million. Benik Afobe 12 million (twice).

10 million should probably be what we're targeting. If it's too soon to get that then we should hold.

Well he's better than McBurnie. Probably better than Afobe based on their respective performances this season.

Grendel

For me, I keep Gus.

Without Gyokeres and O hare this season we’d be relegated

Grendel

McBurnie scored 22 the season before he went for that figure. He was better that season than Viktor has been this season

Boddy drops his trousers. He tells everyone we have no money and can’t afford a signing budget without player sales. He says he hasn’t had a £5 million bid. Why would clubs not wait until July when he will be panicking and make a low offer?

wingy

I just hope it’s a big enough sale to fund everything that’s required. I may be wrong but I can’t see the £10m figures being talked about as accurate and not sure £3-5m will be enough.
I think they really would be should we be owned shrewder folk.

Ccfcisparks

Boddy drops his trousers. He tells everyone we have no money and can’t afford a signing budget without player sales. He says he hasn’t had a £5 million bid. Why would clubs not wait until July when he will be panicking and make a low offer?
what is the relevance to my post...

Grendel

what is the relevance to my post...

Er every relevance as market value isn’t just the value of the player but the circumstances of the seller. Are you really an accountant?

Sky Blue Pete

Ive just explained how. It’s fuck all to do with Boddy and co. The Maddison deal was structured by Anderson and it was the main reason we survived abs could compete for several seasons. Wilson was the arrangement before that

Boddy isn’t remotely capable of constructing those sorts of deals. I wasn’t keen on Wagott but he and Anderson are a different league. The blokes a non league CEO in the championship
Ok some prophetic stuff then please

We’ve progressed to stay up and now consolidated that so when will we start to see the folly of allowing him to be in charge on the pitch?

Grendel

Ok some prophetic stuff then please

We’ve progressed to stay up and now consolidated that so when will we start to see the folly of allowing him to be in charge on the pitch?

What are you on about. We spent a decade under Sisu in this league. How is any of this consolidation?

Grendel

What has your comment regarding boddy got to do with my comment regarding McBurnie?

because you are trying to equate a transfer fee based purely on a player and not the selling club

we’d sell him for less

Ccfcisparks

because you are trying to equate a transfer fee based purely on a player and not the selling club
Well theres many things to take into account, the market is another, but I was just comparing the seasons both had that gives an indicator of value.

Terry Gibson's perm

I would think that when Hamer signed his new contract it had a release clause in it and during the summer it will be leaked out by either his agent or Boddy.

Grendel

Well theres many things to take into account, the market is another, but I was just comparing the seasons both had that gives an indicator of value.

Not really. If we need to sell someone in may or we can’t actually fund any players in as we have zero cash we will sell and Boddy is so out his depth in this league we have to bullet him

Ccfcisparks

Not really. If we need to sell someone in may or we can’t actually fund any players in as we have zero cash we will sell and Boddy is so out his depth in this league we have to bullet him
right...

so are you saying that a players performance has no factor in the transfer fee attached to them?

Grendel

I would think that when Hamer signed his new contract it had a release clause in it and during the summer it will be leaked out by either his agent or Boddy.

Boddy is like still having grimmer as our right back and as he did a a job then deserves credit

Grendel

right...

so are you saying that a players performance has no factor in the transfer fee attached to them?

Don’t think I’ve said that at all

KenilworthSkyBlue

I just hope it’s a big enough sale to fund everything that’s required. I may be wrong but I can’t see the £10m figures being talked about as accurate and not sure £3-5m will be enough.

This is my concern really. Given a decent proportion of the fee will inevitably be designated to operating costs and paying off interest/loans, you have to wonder how much of the pie is realistically going to be left for Robins.

My guess is not a lot, which is nothing short of problematic when that player will need replacing.

KenilworthSkyBlue

Not saying Gyökeres is as good, but Ollie Watkins went for 30 million. Neil Maupay was 20 million. Ollie McBurnie was 17 million. Benik Afobe 12 million (twice).

10 million should probably be what we're targeting. If it's too soon to get that then we should hold.

I think the issue is, due to the model under which we currently operate, do we really have the luxury of holding out for a larger fee?

If a bid came in that the club feels is reasonable (ie it would tie them over until the next season) then I'd put a fair amount of money on the fact that they'd accept within an instant.

Terry Gibson's perm

I don’t think you can keep selling the better players and hoping to improve by bringing in cheaper, you only have to look at the league and most of the big spenders are at the top and surprisingly the lower spenders at the bottom.

The lack of effort by the owners in January hasn’t helped our run in, the fans I would say have done their part the average attendance is good and we seem to shift quite a bit of merchandise there is not much more we can do.

slowpoke

There won’t be anywhere near the money sloshing about in the championship this summer than previous seasons, unless it’s prem. clubs bidding for our players I can’t see many championship clubs paying some of these fees quoted.

Sky Blue Pete

What are you on about. We spent a decade under Sisu in this league. How is any of this consolidation?
Boddy wasn’t here then. Answer the question. When will we start to notice the damage boddy has done, Is doing and will do in terms of relative performance on the pitch?

Sky Blue Pete

I don’t think you can keep selling the better players and hoping to improve by bringing in cheaper, you only have to look at the league and most of the big spenders are at the top and surprisingly the lower spenders at the bottom.

The lack of effort by the owners in January hasn’t helped our run in, the fans I would say have done their part the average attendance is good and we seem to shift quite a bit of merchandise there is not much more we can do.
Other than keep doing it

Briles

Important thing with this league is squad depth. We need a bench that is itching to play, we don't seem to have that at the moment. (Except maybe tavares). Competition for places is so important. Kane dislodged dabo, kane gets injured, Dabos performances have improved and he's got his place back. We need that across the team. I'm hoping to see more of Howley before the seasons up too.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

For me, I keep Gus.
Gus is probably the one I'd let go. Yes, he's good but O'Hare gets us up the pitch and has a work ethic. Strikers are expensive and he has a lot of good attributes that would be hard to find an adequate replacement for.

The other potential one that might get interest is Sheaf, and that would be a difficult decision between him and Hamer. Both offer different things to that bit of midfield that are useful.

blunted

Anyone know how much Luton spent this season as they seem to have got it right. Was surprised they had one of the lowest payments to agents and below us.

Saddlebrains

The one I think will go is Gyok. He absolutely reeks of a Burnley/ Norwich style burley striker that wins wrestling matches with h defenders and can hold the ball

And they arent averse to chucking 10 million at similar players in the past.

Hes the one i think will go

Dont feel we need to worry about O'Hare, stats aren't good enough for top 4 or so of the champ/ bottom end prem, and Hamer is inconsistent, Xavi one week, Stephen Hughes the next

Grendel

Boddy wasn’t here then. Answer the question. When will we start to notice the damage boddy has done, Is doing and will do in terms of relative performance on the pitch?

We already are. Christ he’s a jumped up nobody who ran 3 non league clubs all who hate him and Newport County

Why are you so obsessed with supporting him. He’s a commercial manager massively above his pay grade

Users who are viewing this thread