This Summer (1 Viewer)

Skyblue_CP

How do people think this summer is going to go realistically? Are we in for another huge sale of our assets, (we all know who they are) and start again or are we going to try and add quality and have a real go next season? Barnsley are prime example of selling all their best players and not replacing them. It feels like a massive crossroads.

CCFC54321

I think Robins will address the midfield and the lack of goals all season.

If he can raise additional funds without selling o’hare, hamer and gyokeres then I’ll throw this one out there … sheaf leaves for a fee?

Players going out if someone is prepared to take their contracts on…. Shipley, Kelly, Jones and Walker.

CDK

I can see 1 of hamer or O'Hare being sold and replaced for another unknown gem,think in allen or maybe Jones that it's there already.would like us to get Clarke salter with bidwell pushing that position on the left of the 3 and filling in the left w.b position as defensively he's very good.
We need more quality across defense, midfield and forward lines so additions needed there to be able to be at championship level and they would add to overall competitive strength keep players on there toes.

Skyblueweeman

Another huge sale of our assets? You make it sound like we cash in every summer by selling all of our top players!

I genuinely think we'll keep hold of all of them - Gyo, Hamer, Godden, Sheaf and O'Hare. I think if we didn't go up next season, then some might want to look elsewhere.

Greggs

I think if anyone does go, I'd be confident that we'd replace them adequately. By and large, we've always been pretty good at replacing those out the door, with someone better.
Recently, yes! People still think Sisu are in full asset stripping mode though.

Adge

Surprised nobody has mentioned the central defence? Rose and Hyam et al have helped us on our way but are labourered at this level and get found out regularly. If we want to progress again, an upgrade is required in this area.

Ccfcisparks

Another huge sale of our assets? You make it sound like we cash in every summer by selling all of our top players!

I genuinely think we'll keep hold of all of them - Gyo, Hamer, Godden, Sheaf and O'Hare. I think if we didn't go up next season, then some might want to look elsewhere.
As if someone would try and poach Godden

Sky Blue Pete

Mate don’t take this the wrong way but I think you should stop taking it personally every time someone says something against the owners.
I don’t they are awful owners in many many ways and limit our competitive opportunities and it would be best for all concerned for them to sell to a group with money to take us forwards

Genuinely when did we sell more than one of our first team in the summer??

I can’t remember

Deity

No chance. There is a reason why Boddy and Robins have talked recently about all clubs selling there best players …. I think Hamer will go and there will be a lot of interest in big Vik.

The real issue is how much of the transfer income is ploughed back into the transfer kitty.

mark82

Surprised nobody has mentioned the central defence? Rose and Hyam et al have helped us on our way but are labourered at this level and get found out regularly. If we want to progress again, an upgrade is required in this area.

Feel like we miss the physical presence of both McFadzean and JCS.

Grendel

I don’t they are awful owners in many many ways and limit our competitive opportunities and it would be best for all concerned for them to sell to a group with money to take us forwards

I can’t remember

when we last had someone worth selling

Gynnsthetonic

Love the positiveness and hope you are right

TwistAndShoutCCFC1987

I can’t remember
Neither can I - but that’s not the point - from the club’s point of view they have 3 sellable assets and need funds. If they get the right price they will sell as shown by dave’s comments in january

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Mate don’t take this the wrong way but I think you should stop taking it personally every time someone says something against the owners.
He’s got a point though. When was the last time we sold en masse?

we were supposed to be selling Hamer and O’Hare last year and getting relegated this year.

we’ve improved year on year with Robins, why does everyone seem to think next season will be different?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Little bit fearful that without a bit of income we won't be able to continue our progression. Those out of contract will probably only pay the wages of one, maybe two new signings and we're already a thin squad.

It will depend on if we can offload Walker to give us a decent wage for a third striker. I would include Waghorn in that but I can't see anyone willing to offer him the same amount he's on here, so at most it'll be a loan and part payment of his wages.

Also looking to see if the likes of Eccles and Tavares will become a bigger part of the first team squad, as that could save us a fair amount.

I do think we may well sell at least one of the likes of Hamer, Gyok or O'Hare, or possibly Sheaf. Just hope if we do we make sure it's a good price and not because Joy has £££ signs in her eyes.

Need to concentrate on improving the defence and I hope this summer we focus on first team rather than bringing in another half a dozen U23's we hope will progress. It's not that I dislike that as a policy, it's just that we seem very close to being able to genuinely compete but we're running a very thin first team squad and it's taking it's toll. Unless they look like they could make the step up to first team for the second half of the season, I'd not bother.

CCFCSteve

Like pretty much every club, if a good offer comes in and the player wants to move, they’ll go. The main thing will be how much is reinvested in the team. I’d hope all/nearly all player sale income will be, especially if season ticket sales are looking decent

I’d be gutted to see him go but if Vik carries on like he is I’d be surprised if he’s here next season. There aren’t many better target men than him at this level, especially considering his age

shmmeee

My concern isn’t so much that we’ll sell, but that we haven’t got the wage budget to improve the depth or quality of the squad overall. We had to ship out seven players to get one free in. I don’t see how you add the 5/6 quality players needed without increasing the wage bill which while we’re self sufficient and incompetent commercially compared to other clubs of our size won’t be increasing.

CCFCSteve

My concern isn’t so much that we’ll sell, but that we haven’t got the wage budget to improve the depth or quality of the squad overall. We had to ship out seven players to get one free in. I don’t see how you add the 5/6 quality players needed without increasing the wage bill which while we’re self sufficient and incompetent commercially compared to other clubs of our size won’t be increasing.

I think that’s where a likely big player sale will have to come in unfortunately

Sky Blue Pete

when we last had someone worth selling
Lovely Whataboutery yet again. No you’re right no one would be interested in any of our players. How would you improve the squad in the summer?

Loans with high interest or
Selling an asset and reinvesting some of that money!

Saddlebrains

As if someone would try and poach Godden

I know yea, imagine wanting to sign someone with 19 goals and 5 assists from 47 games in the championship for a teams thats upper mid table at best hahaha hes well shit aint he Godden hahaha no one will want him at all hes the worst finisher ever well shit, didnt single handedly score the goals to get the club up as league winners either, hes fucking awful hahaha what a shit player he is...... 😳😳

stupot07

I can’t remember

Bayliss and Conor Chaplin summer 2019. And then sold McCallum in the January window.

Christie and Wilson in summer 2014

To be fair we haven't had 3 saleable stars in the team for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Bayliss and Conor Chaplin summer 2019. And then sold McCallum in the January window.

To be fair we haven't had 3 saleable stars in the team for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
You’re be telling us next that we didn’t get top dollar for them and they aren’t currently playing at a level below our team

Ccfcisparks

I know yea, imagine wanting to sign someone with 19 goals and 5 assists from 47 games in the championship for a teams thats upper mid table at best hahaha hes well shit aint he Godden hahaha no one will want him at all hes the worst finisher ever well shit, didnt single handedly score the goals to get the club up as league winners either, hes fucking awful hahaha what a shit player he is...... 😳😳
Nobody is going to poach a 31 year old player whos had 2 seasons in this league

DannyThomas_1981

Nobody is going to poach a 31 year old player whos had 2 seasons in this league
I think you're probably right Sparksy - I don't see us losing Godden.
What I would say is that he's very under-rated. I was looking at the stats of leading 20 scorers in the Champ; and God has the highest shot accuracy (bar none) and his goal conversion is equal to the top 3.
Stats don't mean everything but if we can keep God fit for a whole season and create chances - he's easily 20 goals plus.

sotvtoday

I think that if he doesn't get supported this summer then Robins will be off. If good players get offers and want to go then there's not much you can do except get the best money you can and reinvest.

SlowerThanPlatt

I can see 1 of hamer or O'Hare being sold and replaced for another unknown gem,think in allen or maybe Jones that it's there already.would like us to get Clarke salter with bidwell pushing that position on the left of the 3 and filling in the left w.b position as defensively he's very good.
We need more quality across defense, midfield and forward lines so additions needed there to be able to be at championship level and they would add to overall competitive strength keep players on there toes.

I don’t think Jodi Jones will be replacing anyone in our team unfortunately

Users who are viewing this thread