Things that annoy you (4 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Culture wars being whipped up by the tabloids is beyond tedious.
Don't people get tired of being enraged by grifters?

giphy.gif

Sbarcher

When companies and people want to “ reach out” to me. Why not just say contact me.

SG21

Britains unhealthy attitude towards drinking.

It's been a problem for decades and the gov really should have put a stop to it. We're the only country that allows this sort of stupidity that wastes police and NHS resources. Just watch from 24:50 below to see the difference:

ovduk78

Britains unhealthy attitude towards drinking.

It's been a problem for decades and the gov really should have put a stop to it. We're the only country that allows this sort of stupidity that wastes police and NHS resources. Just watch from 24:50 below to see the difference:

I lived in Brussels for 2 years and we sometimes used to go out in Leuven, a university city & home if Stella. Streets full of students drinking yet never saw anyone drunk or anyone fighting. I am sure some of it stems from their laid back attitude to drinking at an early age, I once saw 2 kids aged 11ish in a bar with each with a drink, and there was no stigma about someone out in a pub not drinking beer and just having a coffee. It was a much more laid back night out. They did however not seem to take drink driving too seriously and was once told by a drunken teacher who was about to drive 10 miles home that it was ok "as he knew the way home"!!

SG21

This is where teaching people at an early age really counts. If you can get it into their heads early on what's acceptable and what isn't, we would see a huge culture shift in this country. It only really hit me just how broken the UK is culturally when I started seeing other countries and how they handle different issues. Not everything works of course, but there are some basic steps that we should have followed other countries examples.

Sbarcher

This is where teaching people at an early age really counts. If you can get it into their heads early on what's acceptable and what isn't, we would see a huge culture shift in this country. It only really hit me just how broken the UK is culturally when I started seeing other countries and how they handle different issues. Not everything works of course, but there are some basic steps that we should have followed other countries examples.
What chance do thousands of children have when they see how their parents respect society and their lack of ambition?

LastGarrison

Just watching the Spurs match on BT and the caption came up ‘Fouls suffered’.

Fuck right off. When did that become a thing?

ajsccfc

Last few times I've been it hasn't recognised my plate number and I kept the receipts what I thought was long enough to use as evidence if needed. If they're chasing up people from last summer though, shit

wingy

Last few times I've been it hasn't recognised my plate number and I kept the receipts what I thought was long enough to use as evidence if needed. If they're chasing up people from last summer though, shit
I really can't say I know too much but I did have to input reg no manually and put in the hour as I'd been in by 11:15 and out by 12:00
Just not sure when they start charging is the 3 unsuccessful attempts in different parts or when you have to exit through a one gate .
What a horlix , don't know if it was Covid or works etc .

chiefdave

The Telegraph. The standard of 'journalism' is woeful.

8 days ago they quoted Trish Willetts, director of business improvement, talking about who would be moving into the empty unit in Cathedral Lanes that was previously MOD Pizza, "The city will go crazy, whenever you say 'what business would we like in this space?' 99% of Coventry ask for this brand, this brand is on its way.". Pretty much every comment on the Facebook post was that it was obviously Five Guys.

Today they have an article saying Five Guys have confirmed they are opening in Coventry but 'the site has not been revealed'.

Has nobody at the Telegraph managed to link the two things?

skybluesam66

Drinking is totally around education and the relationship with drink etc

When we were younger, it was so much easier to get hold of at an early age, and people on the whole drank socially, Most of the drinking was in pubs, and on the whole it was a laugh with your mates

Getting in to a pub at 15 years of age and drinking half a lager in the corner felt so grown up
In fact at that age, we went on a school trip to York, and the teacher actually bought us a half pint each (around 1980)

Nowadays, much harder pre 18 to drink, and it is used for the sole purpose of getting plastered - all this pre-drinks crap leads to many many issues

Terry Gibson's perm

When we were younger, it was so much easier to get hold of at an early age, and people on the whole drank socially, Most of the drinking was in pubs, and on the whole it was a laugh with your mates

Getting in to a pub at 15 years of age and drinking half a lager in the corner felt so grown up
In fact at that age, we went on a school trip to York, and the teacher actually bought us a half pint each (around 1980)

Nowadays, much harder pre 18 to drink, and it is used for the sole purpose of getting plastered - all this pre-drinks crap leads to many many issues

It was the challenge of getting served when my friend was 18 we went to our local and the landlord said what’s the celebration and we said his 18th he replied you have been coming here regularly for two years.

Pre drinks is a bollocks terms I used to go out with the aim of having a drink and not feeling ill now it’s all about getting smashed.

ccfc92

As much as we demonise drinking until 18, Americans are definitely worse.

Can do almost anything at 16/18, but can't drink til 21?

No wonder they're wankered after 4 Coors Lights.

Reactions: vow

ccfc92

Betting companies not offering odds on certain markets unless it's a high league/on TV.

Particularly the player to be carded market. They have the team line up and offer the odds on said players to score.

Why can't they offer odds on bookings/cards as part of this for C'ship, L1 etc?

SBT

I thought kids are drinking less and less these days? Sounds like a lot of ‘in my day’ rubbish when people talk about the way people drink now. I don’t know, I’m too hammered to read the studies on it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Add onto that the people who just hover around the office pretending to be busy or to go to some length to help someone find the biscuits.

Users who are viewing this thread