Things that annoy you (5 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Tides! Sat today on a beach in Cornwall eating my cheese sandwich when almost got drowned by the incoming tide. Had to move my blanket 10yds up the sands. No sooner had it reached me again and it started to retreat from whence it came. What’s that all about, total waste of time if you ask me.
You would have been the subject of a 'foolish emmet' chat I'm sure.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

Obsession with traffic lights the councils stick them up where they are not needed.Where i live there is a set on the end a road with about 50 houses on coming onto a main road . Why can't they put a give way sign there? The £1000's saved on lights could be used to fill in potholes and reset sunken drains .I notice in Coventry the removal of the light at the end of Radford Road near the Belgrade has made the junction far better.

Last edited:

Marty

Just heard an advert for a triple cheeseburger, who needs that many burgers ffs. At least we haven't got the double big Mac like they do in Australia.

stay_up_skyblues

Just heard an advert for a triple cheeseburger, who needs that many burgers ffs. At least we haven't got the double big Mac like they do in Australia.

Many years ago I had a “triple Whopper” from Burger King in Miami. That’s three quarter pounders IIRC. It took a whole afternoon to eat it. Their “Supersize” McDonalds are rediculous too. I believe a whole litre and a half of soft drink.

OffenhamSkyBlue

I don't know what i clicked on in a previous existence, but i am getting fucking annoyed by my Youtube homepage being invaded randomly by shitty TikTok "Dance Challenge" videos (aka girls looking like they are having some kind of fit!) and vacuous women (or "influencers", i suppose) peddling themselves and/or some shitty fashion product or other. Oh, and clickbait ads on Twitter. It's gone up massively in recent weeks, and it is doing my 'ead in!

stay_up_skyblues

I don't know what i clicked on in a previous existence, but i am getting fucking annoyed by my Youtube homepage being invaded randomly by shitty TikTok "Dance Challenge" videos (aka girls looking like they are having some kind of fit!) and vacuous women (or "influencers", i suppose) peddling themselves and/or some shitty fashion product or other. Oh, and clickbait ads on Twitter. It's gone up massively in recent weeks, and it is doing my 'ead in!

If you have kids or a missus and they have watched vids your on YouTube that might explain it. My recommended is filled with annoying channels like “Norris Nuts” and “Collins Key” whoever the fuck they are 🤔

wingy

If you have kids or a missus and they have watched vids your on YouTube that might explain it. My recommended is filled with annoying channels like “Norris Nuts” and “Collins Key” whoever the fuck they are 🤔
Yep I'm a victim of my grandkids viewing.
Should have set up a guest account for them .
Oh well.
Got pestered to set up kids YT a week or two ago.
Like forced selling, wouldn't let me engage unless I registered .
They can f off with targeted advertising at children.

shmmeee

Yep I'm a victim of my grandkids viewing.
Should have set up a guest account for them .
Oh well.
Got pestered to set up kids YT a week or two ago.
Like forced selling, wouldn't let me engage unless I registered .
They can f off with targeted advertising at children.

YouTube Kids doesn’t have targeted ads.

It’s illegal in the states to collect data under the age of 13 anyway, that’s why Facebook, YouTube, etc makes you pretend to be 14 or older. YouTubr have quite strict policies on monetisation of kids content, no product placement, no click throughs on ads, etc.

OffenhamSkyBlue

YouTube Kids doesn’t have targeted ads.

It’s illegal in the states to collect data under the age of 13 anyway, that’s why Facebook, YouTube, etc makes you pretend to be 14 or older. YouTubr have quite strict policies on monetisation of kids content, no product placement, no click throughs on ads, etc.
Is there an option to pretend to be a kid?

covmark

If you have kids or a missus and they have watched vids your on YouTube that might explain it. My recommended is filled with annoying channels like “Norris Nuts” and “Collins Key” whoever the fuck they are
My daughter watches fucking Collins Key. Pair of pricks who just eat crap and upload it to YouTube. Talentless wankers.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Marty

For what??

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's similar to youtube but live, so you can interact with the people while they play video games, from what he's told me, he basically gives these scantily clad women a few quid for a shout out and he has a wank. It's basically prostitution without the sex.

I'm guessing he probably has an onlyfans account.

OffenhamSkyBlue

Jesus what a loser!

I don't know at what stage kids' TV changed to being "silly and shouty". I'm 56, so grew up mainly in the 70s, when it was quite sensible (Blue Peter, Animal Magic and Rentaghost), albeit targetted at children. But i suspect Timmy "Twat" Mallett, then Dick & Head (sorry, Dom) changed all that. Now it's just ghastly, and i can't even imagine my 10 year old self enjoying it.

Users who are viewing this thread