Things that annoy you (31 Viewers)

chiefdave

Absolutely fuming at the moment. A CCJ has appeared on my credit file, no idea what for. Tried phoning the court to get some information, after over 3 hours on hold they won't speak to me about it as I can't pass the security questions as I don't know the details of the case. How am I supposed to know the details of the case when I knew nothing about it until it appeared on my credit report?!?

Their 'helpful' advise was to phone a service called The Registry Trust who will be able to give me the details, but only for a fee.

shmmeee

Absolutely fuming at the moment. A CCJ has appeared on my credit file, no idea what for. Tried phoning the court to get some information, after over 3 hours on hold they won't speak to me about it as I can't pass the security questions as I don't know the details of the case. How am I supposed to know the details of the case when I knew nothing about it until it appeared on my credit report?!?

Their 'helpful' advise was to phone a service called The Registry Trust who will be able to give me the details, but only for a fee.

Wonder if you could threaten them with GDPR as they’re refusing to allow you access to data as a data subject.

stay_up_skyblues

That’s outrageous mate.

As shhmeee says, you could cite GDPR. Not sure how that works with the Courts but if your credit report says who has applied for the CCJ (I’d assume a company) then you can direct a subject access request to them.

Edit: some useful info here. Looks like you can search that register yourself online for £4. Saves hours on the phone at least. Seems that’s the only way to find out who issued against you.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Cheers chaps. The court is in Northampton so might go and stand on the hill in protest.

Seems its a common (legal) scam. 'Accidentally' send all the paperwork for a made up parking ticket, or similar, to the wrong address and the court will rule without you ever knowing anything happened, if you don't check your credit file the first you know is when a debt collector is after the money. Miraculously he will have the right address.

Of course there is an appeals process, the court fee for that is slightly higher than the bogus fine. Sure that isn't a coincidence. So basically you can send a couple of hundred and have it go away, and removed from your credit file, or you can spend a couple of hundred, lots of time, energy and stress and hope any ruling goes your way.

shmmeee

Cheers chaps. The court is in Northampton so might go and stand on the hill in protest.

Seems its a common (legal) scam. 'Accidentally' send all the paperwork for a made up parking ticket, or similar, to the wrong address and the court will rule without you ever knowing anything happened, if you don't check your credit file the first you know is when a debt collector is after the money. Miraculously he will have the right address.

Of course there is an appeals process, the court fee for that is slightly higher than the bogus fine. Sure that isn't a coincidence. So basically you can send a couple of hundred and have it go away, and removed from your credit file, or you can spend a couple of hundred, lots of time, energy and stress and hope any ruling goes your way.

Sounds like a proper scam that.

chiefdave

Sounds like a proper scam that.
Whole area of parking fines is a scam. Had one recently for a trip to the hospital.

The ANPR wasn't working for anyone so when you put your reg in to pay it couldn't find you. Paid for the time I'd been there and kept the recipe. Appealed the fine and they wouldn't admit their system was screwed. They agreed to waive the fine as a courtesy!

stay_up_skyblues

Stinks mate. Principle says challenge the thing all the way and make an example of them. Economics might say otherwise though, frustrating.

Ive got one to add… customs charges. Never ordered anything significant from overseas before. Bought the lad a Thomas and friends racing track from OnBuy.com (had never heard of them). £170 with “free” delivery. Had a message today requiring £40 custom charges for it to be released. He’s got loads of the track sets but this one has been by far the most expensive 🙄

OffenhamSkyBlue

You need to apply to get the judgement "set aside" because they never served the papers to the correct address. This doesn't mean that you have automatically won, but it sets the clock back as if the court case had never happened. The claimant then needs to send papers to the correct service address and go through the claim process all over again (a lot of them don't bother - they are a bunch of chancers). This will give you time to see the actual evidence and to get your ducks lined up to defend the claim.

I would strongly advise registering with the Consumer Action Group - there is a MASSIVE amount of info and some really very helpful people to guide you through every step of the process, including how incorrect signage in a car park and all sorts of other failures to follow the law (Protection of Freedoms Act 2012) means their claim will be thrown out.

If they got your car details improperly (e.g. because you hadn't breached any contract you may have had with them by agreeing to park where you did) from DVLA you can also counterclaim under Data Protection legislation.

Sick Boy

Stinks mate. Principle says challenge the thing all the way and make an example of them. Economics might say otherwise though, frustrating.

Ive got one to add… customs charges. Never ordered anything significant from overseas before. Bought the lad a Thomas and friends racing track from OnBuy.com (had never heard of them). £170 with “free” delivery. Had a message today requiring £40 custom charges for it to be released. He’s got loads of the track sets but this one has been by far the most expensive 🙄
I get him with them when ordering from City now - they’re around 40% of the item amount.

chiefdave

The more I'm finding out the more it stinks. From what I can make out I've been incorrectly snapped by a camera for a car park opposite a supermarket free car park which I used, both share the same access road. My choice now is pay a £287 fine or pay £275 to set things back and make my case to the court.

Its from a company called Gladstone Solicitors. They provide debt recovery and legal services to private parking companies. Somehow the people who own Gladstone Solicitors also own the IPC, the 'independent' trade association for the parking industry. The IPC operate the Independent Appeals Service so if you appeal a fine its decided by an organisation whose owners have a vested interest in issuing fines. All seems perfectly above board.

OffenhamSkyBlue

The more I'm finding out the more it stinks. From what I can make out I've been incorrectly snapped by a camera for a car park opposite a supermarket free car park which I used, both share the same access road. My choice now is pay a £287 fine or pay £275 to set things back and make my case to the court.

Its from a company called Gladstone Solicitors. They provide debt recovery and legal services to private parking companies. Somehow the people who own Gladstone Solicitors also own the IPC, the 'independent' trade association for the parking industry. The IPC operate the Independent Appeals Service so if you appeal a fine its decided by an organisation whose owners have a vested interest in issuing fines. All seems perfectly above board.
Read the CAG pages about Gladstones - one of the most notorious firms in the business. The fine is nothing - you need to get the CCJ removed from your credit report or it will impact you for years So if you get it set aside, the CCJ will be lifted then you can pay the charge (it's not a fine) if the court tells you that you must (after hearing it again).
Pain in the arse but a necessary evil!

SBAndy

Even if you pay up the charge/fine at this point, the CCJ would remain on your record but just listed as ‘Satisfied’. Still not a great place to be and any lender is unlikely to look upon it favourably.

As Offenham says, your best bet is to get it set aside and start the process again. Only chance of coming out of the situation without a CCJ.

chiefdave

Even if you pay up the charge/fine at this point, the CCJ would remain on your record but just listed as ‘Satisfied’. Still not a great place to be and any lender is unlikely to look upon it favourably.

As Offenham says, your best bet is to get it set aside and start the process again. Only chance of coming out of the situation without a CCJ.
Whole system is a shambles. The court told me something completely different. According to them pay within 30 days and then send a copy of your payment receipt to the court and it will be cancelled which they say means no record kept on the register, credit reports etc. Pay after 30 days and it gets marked as satisfied and stays on there.

wingy

This one is in the opposite direction.
Going to get the mot done thinking you needed 4 new tyres and it's only one,then you remember the washer on the wipers seemed dry this morning,turns out the pipe work you cant access is knackeredy but the guy who's garage it is geniously rigs up a heath Robinson alternative.
Yehaa passed.

Sick Boy

This one is in the opposite direction.
Going to get the mot done thinking you needed 4 new tyres and it's only one,then you remember the washer on the wipers seemed dry this morning,turns out the pipe work you cant access is knackeredy but the guy who's garage it is geniously rigs up a heath Robinson alternative.
Yehaa passed.
Went to get my MOT/revisione done last week and there was a guy painting over the airbag sign on the passenger side with a permanent marker. I asked him what he was doing and he told me he sold the airbag so had been told by the guy doing the MOT to just cross it out to hide it. 🤣🤣🤣

LastGarrison

Tickly coughs.

Pretty sure it's just a tickly cough but had to go for a PCR test just in case as got the in-laws living with us for a bit.

wingy

Oh another one in the plus department .
Got in tonight and me telly is fine.
Virgin. Only needed 4days to sort their shit out
Rebate please.
I think £50 should cover it .

OffenhamSkyBlue

Vloggers, particularly of football matches. Generally hate the concept and the quality of the output, but it boils my piss when they use the terms "limbs", or "scenes" or "it's kicking off" (when it plainly isn't). And why can none of them hold a note in their head - utter tone-deaf mongs recording themselves and masking out the general crowd singing. Oh and they invariably miss the goals and pens.
Twats!

jimmyhillsfanclub

Vloggers, particularly of football matches. Generally hate the concept and the quality of the output, but it boils my piss when they use the terms "limbs", or "scenes" or "it's kicking off" (when it plainly isn't). And why can none of them hold a note in their head - utter tone-deaf mongs recording themselves and masking out the general crowd singing. Oh and they invariably miss the goals and pens.
Twats!

Its a radical idea, but bear with me.........just don't watch them.(y)

oakey

If you use slang, on these vlogs, such as - stan, so extra, limbs, sick, absolute scenes, made up - whether it be regional or generational- then you're aiming it at a niche audience.
Fine, if that's what you want. But they are deliberately excluding the rest of us

eastwoodsdustman

If you use slang, on these vlogs, such as - stan, so extra, limbs, sick, absolute scenes, made up - whether it be regional or generational- then you're aiming it at a niche audience.
Fine, if that's what you want. But they are deliberately excluding the rest of us
Its a sign of growing old. They're generally a younger generation thing and use the lingo accordingly. Over 25 and you're pretty much lost on some of the language they use.
I'm proud to say that i have reintroduced the term 'Ace' back into my sons mates vocabulary though so its not all a one way street.

ajsccfc

I personally think all the new slang is squad goals AF and I am here for it

Nse6v9J.png

baldy

Tickly coughs.

Pretty sure it's just a tickly cough but had to go for a PCR test just in case as got the in-laws living with us for a bit.

Who said you had to go? As you say,can't you just be safe in the knowledge that it is just a tickly cough instead of feeling the need to test for every little thing?

Users who are viewing this thread