Things that annoy you (27 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Stupid people on the roads now the schools are back.

Some gimp doing 30 down the a444 today, totally oblivious.

Nick

Administrator
Dropping them off at school means you're driving in the midst of the school run, it'll take no longer to walk home and drive to work from where you live.

It depends on the direction of work and the school and what time it is I guess.

I get it if people live 10 minutes away and don't have work, just walk.

hill83

Dropping them off at school means you're driving in the midst of the school run, it'll take no longer to walk home and drive to work from where you live.

Seem to know a lot about where everyone lives m8

Plus, not that I live near my sons school anymore. A 10 minute walk with a 4 year old isn’t 10 minutes. It’s about 30 minutes of carnage.

fernandopartridge

Seem to know a lot about where everyone lives m8

Plus, not that I live near my sons school anymore. A ten minute walk with a 4 year old isn’t 10 minutes. It’s about 30 minutes of carnage.

I qualified my post sufficiently to recognise different circumstances, I know what it's like pal I walk a 3 year old and 18 month year old to nursery every day.

The fact is that if you've got a child capable of walking to school within 10 minutes (which most primary and all secondary school kids are), they / you should walk them to school and not drive.

hill83

I had the issue with it taking no longer to walk home then drive to work than driving straight to work from dropping them off. That’s not sufficiently qualified your posts as it’s bollocks.

Nick

Administrator
I qualified my post sufficiently to recognise different circumstances, I know what it's like pal I walk a 3 year old and 18 month year old to nursery every day.

The fact is that if you've got a child capable of walking to school within 10 minutes (which most primary and all secondary school kids are), they / you should walk them to school and not drive.

Unless of course you need to be somewhere?

If you have to walk away from the direction of work to go home, get your car and then come back past the school direction to get to work then it takes longer. Every minute counts in the morning before school!

What about if it's pissing down with rain? Should I get soaked then have to get changed before going to work?

If people don't have to go to work or have the day off then I agree, get some fresh air.

hill83

But yeah, not working then walk, unless it’s raining because fuck that. Used to have some woods to walk through with my lad and we loved it.

fernandopartridge

Unless of course you need to be somewhere?

If you have to walk away from the direction of work to go home, get your car and then come back past the school direction to get to work then it takes longer. Every minute counts in the morning before school!

What about if it's pissing down with rain? Should I get soaked then have to get changed before going to work?

If people don't have to go to work or have the day off then I agree, get some fresh air.

Why? I've never known an employer not recognise that people with responsibilities to drop kids off should not be expected into work at 9am on the dot

Nick

Administrator
Why? I've never known an employer not recognise that people with responsibilities to drop kids off should not be expected into work at 9am on the dot

Then I get in late and need to make the time up after so therefore I am later picking up. Also when people are relying on me to be on time so they can go home I prefer to be here on time.

I wish it was as simple as no care in the world and just turn up whenever.

hill83

I must be wasting loads of money on before and after school clubs for my lad then if I can just rock up late.

ajsccfc

I've heard the England band fairly recently, thought it was during the Euros but definitely in the last few months and I was awake so it wasn't the recurring nightmare either

fernandopartridge

Then I get in late and need to make the time up after so therefore I am later picking up. Also when people are relying on me to be on time so they can go home I prefer to be here on time.

10 minutes

chiefdave

Not just people that are relying on you to go home. Even when that's not the case it gets pretty annoying for those of us without kids.

There's multiple people at my place who take an hour, or more, in the morning for the school run and the same in the afternoon who never make up the time. That pretty quickly adds up and doesn't go unnoticed by those doing the work while they aren't there.

Users who are viewing this thread