Things that annoy you (10 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

'Fact checking' websites.

They nearly all have some kind of agenda. Whether it's the person bankrolling them, or the bloggers who update the posts. Most of the time you can do a quick twitter search and find them to be overly political one way or another.

Nick

Administrator
Do you have a fixed contractual start time each day?

We have a shift system, the person who works overnight can't go until I get here. I get here late, they then go home late.

I have no issue with driving to do the school run so not going to try and turn up late and then argue about contracts. What's the point?

It is the same in most of the small businesses I have worked at, it isn't like a council or somewhere where you can come and go as you please.

skybluegod

I can imagine how all the parents asking “can I come in at 9.30 everyday so I can walk the kids the school” would go down at most places I’ve worked in the past 🤣

The reality with it all is there is a middle ground. For those that can work from home or start and finish flexibly, walking the kids to work should be encouraged. Especially in this day and age where, flexible working is the dogs bollocks at the moment.
However, for people like Nick where it is a set time to be in otherwise it affects the business and other people then driving can't be avoided a lot of the time.

Ian1779

I can imagine how all the parents asking “can I come in at 9.30 everyday so I can walk the kids the school” would go down at most places I’ve worked in the past 🤣
If firms were more flexible you would have more (and better) people out working. The teaching sector for example has lost so many good people because of its inability to offer any kind of flexibility in this regard.

Grendel

If firms were more flexible you would have more (and better) people out working. The teaching sector for example has lost so many good people because of its inability to offer any kind of flexibility in this regard.

Excluding holiday leave any other employee could only dream of of course

Mcbean

i am sure working at home has shifted some of the school run to the men in the family and its another excuse when you cant get hold of someone supposed to be WORKING !!!

Nick

Administrator
Surely a teacher has to be on time for lessons?

Tommo1993

No, I left my bin in the garden and expected them to jump over the fence to collect it. Use your head.

Have just consulted my head. It told me that the industry is on its knees and that they can’t just relentlessly dump extra workload on the workers, which is already what’s happening at quite an alarming rate. Easy job, but I still commend them, and you still can’t inundate them.

Reactions: COV

Marty

Have just consulted my head. It told me that the industry is on its knees and that they can’t just relentlessly dump extra workload on the workers, which is already what’s happening at quite an alarming rate. Easy job, but I still commend them, and you still can’t inundate them.

Clearly not on it's knee's, Got one on here rejoicing about his half days and how short his days are.

Tommo1993

Deleted that reply as it could be used against me with the council on the phone 🤣

Usually bins are not taken if they are contaminated or if handles facing the wall (simple reason loaders trapping fingers between heavy bin and wall )

Or not presented at all

Tbf it’s the same in other fields. We knock an hour two off by cutting corners. Shhh

Ian1779

Excluding holiday leave any other employee could only dream of of course
That’s irrelevant - teachers that work flexibly would be probably be paid proportionately anyway. It’s a daft argument when the profession has a recruitment crisis.

fernandopartridge

Anyway, Tories are what they are. They're doing what they will. What the fucking hell is that utter chump Keir Starmer doing? What the fuck is Labour's position on anything now?

fernandopartridge

Anyway, Tories are what they are. They're doing what they will. What the fucking hell is that utter chump Keir Starmer doing? What the fuck is Labour's position on anything now?

Users who are viewing this thread