Things that annoy you (13 Viewers)

LastGarrison

Is it a refurb? Totally blown my post apart anyway ha ha
No bought brand new in January.

Missus got one at the same time and hers has been fine.

Not all phones are going to be perfect so will it give it another couple of days and see if it crashes again and if it does I’ll get in touch with Apple.

Work swapped our iPhones for Motorola’s so believe me I am definitely on the Apple train!!

Evo1883

No bought brand new in January.

Missus got one at the same time and hers has been fine.

Not all phones are going to be perfect so will it give it another couple of days and see if it crashes again and if it does I’ll get in touch with Apple.

Work swapped our iPhones for Motorola’s so believe me I am definitely on the Apple train!!

To be honest , I haven't seen a Motorola phone since 1999 anyway ..so tell work to stop being cheapskates

LastGarrison

To be honest , I haven't seen a Motorola phone since 1999 anyway ..so tell work to stop being cheapskates
I hung on to my iPhone 6 for as long as possible but had to concede in the end.

Think they’ve switched to Motorola as it looks like they can control the phone a lot more. In a recent update it automatically deleted Spotify and Uber off my phone as they were unauthorised work apps.

So I just downloaded them again.

chiefdave

I had a windows phone once, biggest piece of shit phone I've ever owned. Nothing worked on it.

Tried Android a couple of times but always seems more trouble than its worth. Great if you like tinkering but not so much if you just want something to work.

There's a lot wrong with Apple kit these days but the iPhone is one thing they generally get right.

Personally I'd happily not have a mobile at all but its a work requirement, but obviously you have to supply it yourself and pay the bill :confused:

Blind-Faith

I had a windows phone once, biggest piece of shit phone I've ever owned. Nothing worked on it.

Tried Android a couple of times but always seems more trouble than its worth. Great if you like tinkering but not so much if you just want something to work.

There's a lot wrong with Apple kit these days but the iPhone is one thing they generally get right.

Personally I'd happily not have a mobile at all but its a work requirement, but obviously you have to supply it yourself and pay the bill :confused:

My old man has a windows 10 phone and I can confirm it’s the biggest piece of shit ever! You can’t go wrong with I-phones IMO 👍

wingy

Just get an iPhone. People like to slag them off for some reason but I’ve had 3 over the last 9 years and have never ever had a problem with any of them. Not even crashing once. They cost a bit more but they work consistently.

Nothing but problems for people I know with all sorts of androids phones. I used to set people up on both at work and the androids were a nightmare. I’ve got an Nvidia Shield tablet that runs Android and it’s constantly crashing. Barely works.
Fanboy!!
Way overpriced.

shmmeee

I was Android all the way until I decided I wanted my phone to work not be a tech side project I was playing with.

Same with laptops. Still rocking a 2013 MBA with no issues.

Never had an issue with Apples after sales service either.

olderskyblue

Commentator on the England game talking about what Scotland have to do. Anyone interested will be watching that game ya t***

D

Deleted member 4439

I've been with my dentist for more than twenty years. Great guy, who no doubt treats all his patients as he does me - fixes what needs to be fixed, doesn't fix what doesn't need to be fixed, doesn't lecture, good deadpan humour and very fair prices.

He and his business partner sold out two years ago but he stayed on part-time, and will be finally retiring in the Autumn.

When the new owners came in they revamped the place a bit. Instead of the cozy waiting room with magazines and toothpaste samples on the table, and a book into which to write feedback, we got all new, white, clinical look (feedback now on insta and google of course). Fair enough. Not too much seemed different.

Today, six months later, I walk in for a check-up.

To complement the new look we now have purple neon 'tooth' signs, auto-tune pop turned up to loud (i.e. you can hear it), and a screen with running ads about how you can enhance that smile with all manner of treatments and, would you believe, Botox for the face (just 2.5k for a treatment guaranteed to last 2 years),

There was a young lady, pouty mouth, massive eyelashes, usual clothes garb, alternatively discussing with the receptionist (no longer a nurse but a customer adviser type) the veneers she'd had done, a dj she knew, and how when her waters had broke she thought her baby had arrived but hadn't.

I just sat there thinking 'fuck me'.

skyblue1991

Just get an iPhone. People like to slag them off for some reason but I’ve had 3 over the last 9 years and have never ever had a problem with any of them. Not even crashing once. They cost a bit more but they work consistently.

Nothing but problems for people I know with all sorts of androids phones. I used to set people up on both at work and the androids were a nightmare. I’ve got an Nvidia Shield tablet that runs Android and it’s constantly crashing. Barely works.
Never am I getting an Sony Xperia again!

Google Pixel will be my next phone, got one for work and it much better than my own phone

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

chiefdave

My Dad is somehow paying £70 a month for regular broadband. Tried speaking to BT but they refused to deal with me even with his go ahead so he spoke to them himself.

They have somehow claimed he is 'saving' £10 a month by moving him onto a more expensive service where he will now have 2 lines in use and access points all round the house. Not to mention after 18 months of him barely leaving the house due to covid, he would be in trouble if he got it due to other health conditions, they are also charging to send someone to the house to install it.

shmmeee

My Dad is somehow paying £70 a month for regular broadband. Tried speaking to BT but they refused to deal with me even with his go ahead so he spoke to them himself.

They have somehow claimed he is 'saving' £10 a month by moving him onto a more expensive service where he will now have 2 lines in use and access points all round the house. Not to mention after 18 months of him barely leaving the house due to covid, he would be in trouble if he got it due to other health conditions, they are also charging to send someone to the house to install it.

Sounds like misselling verging on elder abuse that.

Sbarcher

Those cookie and privacy pop-ups that always appear when you open a web page. I look to reject all and then you open the "partners" section and there's 100's there to reject individually. Even when you can eventually reject all, next time you open the page they have the same pop up to either accept or reject. I did see that thing on Dragon's Den about preventing them, but reviews are pretty crap for it. That Reach one seems everywhere. Why do we have to opt out of these things, the default should be to opt in for those that wish to.

shmmeee

Those cookie and privacy pop-ups that always appear when you open a web page. I look to reject all and then you open the "partners" section and there's 100's there to reject individually. Even when you can eventually reject all, next time you open the page they have the same pop up to either accept or reject. I did see that thing on Dragon's Den about preventing them, but reviews are pretty crap for it. That Reach one seems everywhere. Why do we have to opt out of these things, the default should be to opt in for those that wish to.

Literally the only Brexit bonus I wanted and we didn’t even get it :(

Mcbean

My wife got annoyed with me as BT and Sky would not talk to her as I was the account holder - now she just says it is me talking when she rings - she is much better at negotiating than me - I tell her to be as stroppy with them as she is with me and she will succeed - I can see a fight coming sky have informed us that our monthly cost will be 100 quid and I think that will be a stop on my sport 😳

Sbarcher

My wife got annoyed with me as BT and Sky would not talk to her as I was the account holder - now she just says it is me talking when she rings - she is much better at negotiating than me - I tell her to be as stroppy with them as she is with me and she will succeed - I can see a fight coming sky have informed us that our monthly cost will be 100 quid and I think that will be a stop on my sport 😳
My wife had loads of problems when she divorced her ex. All accounts were in his name and they had a really bad split.None of the customer service people would talk to her as all were in her ex's name, even though she was now the bill payer! In the end she told some of them she was going to stop paying until they would let her change to her name. Worked with most, but she did stop Talk Talk as they continued to insist they could not talk to her.

chiefdave

I can see a fight coming sky have informed us that our monthly cost will be 100 quid and I think that will be a stop on my sport 😳
If you go on the Sky website and click on MySky you should get a message saying your contract is about to end and offering you a renewal cost similar to your current price if you renew for 18 months.

Greggs

You will not like escooters then - watched them being ridden by complete idiots in Bath last weekend - hit a pot hole with one and you are off !
Escooters are on the list too. Was tempted to accidentally hit one in my van earlier

JAM See

Fifty seven of your actual pounds for Terry Hall.

Fucking ridiculous.

Mcbean

If you go on the Sky website and click on MySky you should get a message saying your contract is about to end and offering you a renewal cost similar to your current price if you renew for 18 months.
Cheers chief she has got a similar rate binned sky cinema and took Netflix so I need to see what’s good on there - want to watch Clarkson so I can see a prime trial coming

JAM See

Cheers chief she has got a similar rate binned sky cinema and took Netflix so I need to see what’s good on there - want to watch Clarkson so I can see a prime trial coming
If you get a Prime trial, make sure you watch 'The Boys' Really good show.

Users who are viewing this thread