Things that annoy you (30 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

People putting ‘so called’ in front of things that don’t need it.

‘A so-called second spike’

Argh just call it what it is!

TomRad85

When I was at school in the 1970s everyone used to spit. It was seen as being well 'ard. I say everyone, I mean all the boys at secondary school. Sometimes they had "flobbing" competitions. Vile really.
We did it in the 90s too mate, gobbed everywhere. Even found fresh new ways to gob. I personally enjoyed rolling the tongue and firing it off the end, got great distance.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

publican1990

That Drew Pritchard fella from Salvage Hunters. Not sure why, just comes across as a right smarmy prick. The sort of fella who props up the bar in your local, who you hope doesn't try to strike up conversation with you when you head up to get a round in. Although that wouldn't be an issue anymore.

Marty

Litter all over hersall common this morning, what is wrong with people.

People on furlough who are out and about like it's a holiday, you're paid to sit at home ffs, if you can't then there's no reason for the furlough scheme and get back to work.

Nick

Administrator
That Drew Pritchard fella from Salvage Hunters. Not sure why, just comes across as a right smarmy prick. The sort of fella who props up the bar in your local, who you hope doesn't try to strike up conversation with you when you head up to get a round in. Although that wouldn't be an issue anymore.

Yeah he is a proper c**t.

skyblueinBaku

Litter all over hersall common this morning, what is wrong with people.

People on furlough who are out and about like it's a holiday, you're paid to sit at home ffs, if you can't then there's no reason for the furlough scheme and get back to work.
Take a look at the pictures of Bournemouth beach. It's shameful how some people behave.

chiefdave

Why is Football Focus always 12-1 when the first live game of the day kicks off at 12:30? Appreciate they're different channels but doesn't make much sense to me.

ajsccfc

Fuck anyone littering as a general rule, but if you'll excuse the pun this is a load of rubbish.

Sbarcher

Yeah he is a proper c**t.
Got banned from his local pub after a fight when he was found to be shagging someone's wife, allegedly! Think Rebecca stays around just for the show now.

Marty

Employers put their staff on furlough, it isn't paying them to stay housebound. It's not an elaborate sickie

I thought the idea behind it was for the government to essentially cover employment running costs of the company, so that there's a job to go back too and to slow the spread of the virus. If everyone is out protesting and down the beaches spreading the virus around, why can't they go back to work?

OffenhamSkyBlue

On sites like Amazon, when it says "14 questions answered" for a garden chair (for instance), but all the answers are "can't comment as i bought the footstool not the chair". Then don't fucking comment at all. Don't waste your time and mine!

OffenhamSkyBlue

I thought the idea behind it was for the government to essentially cover employment running costs of the company, so that there's a job to go back too and to slow the spread of the virus. If everyone is out protesting and down the beaches spreading the virus around, why can't they go back to work?
Isn't it more that the are picking up the wage bills of companies so they don't all go to the wall, but neither do they have to make people redundant, as everyone has bills to pay?
In other words, you are redundant for the time being, which is not normally allowed.
If you're furloughed you are not ALLOWED to do any work for your employer (so volunteer instead, maybe??), so you might as well go to the beach! They can't go back to work until their employer wants to start making money again.

ajsccfc

Companies haven't been suspending jobs because employees are incapable of attending work, so it's down to the employer to decide when they can resume work. The only thing a furloughed employee can't do is paid work for the same employer, the onus is not on them.

Nick

Administrator
Imagine the reality check of some people who have been paid to sit about for a couple of months and have to go back to work full time for not much more financial benefit.

chiefdave

Imagine the reality check of some people who have been paid to sit about for a couple of months and have to go back to work full time for not much more financial benefit.
Better than the other option of having no job to go back to.

Marty

Isn't it more that the are picking up the wage bills of companies so they don't all go to the wall, but neither do they have to make people redundant, as everyone has bills to pay?
In other words, you are redundant for the time being, which is not normally allowed.
If you're furloughed you are not ALLOWED to do any work for your employer (so volunteer instead, maybe??), so you might as well go to the beach! They can't go back to work until their employer wants to start making money again.
Companies haven't been suspending jobs because employees are incapable of attending work, so it's down to the employer to decide when they can resume work. The only thing a furloughed employee can't do is paid work for the same employer, the onus is not on them.

I'm confused, why are companies stopping work? is it because they can't implement social distancing measures? can't keep staff safe? no consumers? My point being, if everyone is spreading the virus down the beach or at a protest, there's no reason for the furlough scheme. Like I say, I'm confused. I don't get it at all.

Marty

They've tried to return a bloke who works at my place, his wife is an NHS nurse and he's said he can't come back as he has child care issues, his kids are 25 & 29. Last week they stopped topping up wages to 100% and they've told us hes now running out of money and begging to come back, my boss has told HR hes not needed for the foreseeable and will soon be on 60%, he'll be lucky to not be made redundant.

fernandopartridge

I'm confused, why are companies stopping work? is it because they can't implement social distancing measures? can't keep staff safe? no consumers? My point being, if everyone is spreading the virus down the beach or at a protest, there's no reason for the furlough scheme. Like I say, I'm confused. I don't get it at all.
I'm not sure if you hadn't realised but the retail economy bar the supermarkets closed for a couple of months, just think about the impact along the supply chain of that sudden drop in demand. Add to that businesses in the hotel and leisure industry being closed completely you've got a load of people effectively redundant

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

ajsccfc

It can be any number of reasons including those but it's on the employer and not employee, nobody on furlough is being paid specifically to sit home like it's sick leave and being caught outside invalidates it.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Inept referees.

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread