The World Cup Thread (2 Viewers)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I still don't know which goalkeeper to pick. Hart doesn't deserve it all, but the others who could possibly have taken the place have not had good seasons at all. It's really annoying they haven't taken their chance actually.

Butland would have be my choice, but look at the goal Grimmer scored against him. It doesn't fill me with confidence. I don't think Pickford is good enough either.

CJ_covblaze

I still don't know which goalkeeper to pick. Hart doesn't deserve it all, but the others who could possibly have taken the place have not had good seasons at all. It's really annoying they haven't taken their chance actually.

Butland would have be my choice, but look at the goal Grimmer scored against him. It doesn't fill me with confidence. I don't think Pickford is good enough either.

I love Joe’s passion and what he’s done for us in the past but sadly the events of the last couple of years has killed him at the top level. If you go on form in the Premier League Pope has to be in the squad later and should be the number 1. I can see him being number 3 behind Butland and Pickford though.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I love Joe’s passion and what he’s done for us in the past but sadly the events of the last couple of years has killed him at the top level. If you go on form in the Premier League Pope has to be in the squad later and should be the number 1. I can see him being number 3 behind Butland and Pickford though.

I would agree. I would actually pick Pope.

What time is the squad announced for the friendlies?

wingy

How are Otis's wifes Family likely to welcome the English fans given the current mood between the nations .
We're Russia In Ukraine when that tournament went ahead?

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The squad:

Dele Alli - Tottenham Hotspur
Ryan Bertrand - Southampton
Jack Butland - Stoke City
Lewis Cook - AFC Bournemouth
Eric Dier - Tottenham Hotspur
Joe Gomez - Liverpool
Joe Hart - West Ham United (loan from Manchester City)
Jordan Henderson - Liverpool
Adam Lallana - Liverpool
Jesse Lingard - Manchester United
Jake Livermore - West Bromwich Albion
Harry Maguire - Leicester City
Alfie Mawson - Swansea City
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Liverpool
Jordan Pickford - Everton
Nick Pope - Burnley
Marcus Rashford - Manchester United
Danny Rose - Tottenham Hotspur
Raheem Sterling - Manchester City
John Stones - Manchester City
James Tarkowski - Burnley
Kieran Trippier - Tottenham Hotspur
Jamie Vardy - Leicester City
Kyle Walker - Manchester City
Danny Welbeck - Arsenal
Jack Wilshere - Arsenal
Ashley Young - Manchester United

Looking very thin on central defenders! Joe Gomez... Really??

CJ_covblaze

Hart picked along with the other 3 mentioned above. I guess that’s down to having the experience in the dressing room. Good to see Mawson, Tarkowski and Cook in there.

Terry Gibson's perm

The squad:

Dele Alli - Tottenham Hotspur
Ryan Bertrand - Southampton
Jack Butland - Stoke City
Lewis Cook - AFC Bournemouth
Eric Dier - Tottenham Hotspur
Joe Gomez - Liverpool
Joe Hart - West Ham United (loan from Manchester City)
Jordan Henderson - Liverpool
Adam Lallana - Liverpool
Jesse Lingard - Manchester United
Jake Livermore - West Bromwich Albion
Harry Maguire - Leicester City
Alfie Mawson - Swansea City
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Liverpool
Jordan Pickford - Everton
Nick Pope - Burnley
Marcus Rashford - Manchester United
Danny Rose - Tottenham Hotspur
Raheem Sterling - Manchester City
John Stones - Manchester City
James Tarkowski - Burnley
Kieran Trippier - Tottenham Hotspur
Jamie Vardy - Leicester City
Kyle Walker - Manchester City
Danny Welbeck - Arsenal
Jack Wilshere - Arsenal
Ashley Young - Manchester United

Looking very thin on central defenders! Joe Gomez... Really??

I wouldn’t be booking the hotel for to long in the summer

Terry Gibson's perm

Hart picked along with the other 3 mentioned above. I guess that’s down to having the experience in the dressing room. Good to see Mawson, Tarkowski and Cook in there.

Or that the manager is so weak he doesn’t know how to leave him out

SkyBlueSoul

4 keepers and Livermore??

Pleased to see some players from “unfashionable” teams in there like Cook, Mawson and Tarkowski though, they’ve earned a go

covmark

I cringe every time I see Livermores name in the England squad. He's absolutely dire.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CJ_covblaze

How has Welbeck made it in there?

I cringe every time I see Livermores name in the England squad. He's absolutely dire.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Same here. I’d rather see Glen Murray or Ashley Barnes in there over Welbeck. ANYONE over Livermore.

dutchman

How are Otis's wifes Family likely to welcome the English fans given the current mood between the nations .
We're Russia In Ukraine when that tournament went ahead?
Do you mean Euro 2012?
Ukraine had a pro-Russian government back then but all of Russia's games were played in Poland anyway. They failed to progress beyond the first round so did not get the opportunity to play in the Ukraine.

wingy

Do you mean Euro 2012?
Ukraine had a pro-Russian government back then but all of Russia's games were played in Poland anyway. They failed to progress beyond the first round so did not get the opportunity to play in the Ukraine.
I bet the Poles were chuffed at that.
Was that just luck of the draw or clever of UEFA/FIFA ?

CJ_covblaze

I bet the Poles were chuffed at that.
Was that just luck of the draw or clever of UEFA/FIFA ?

Putin’s black shirted mates organised a march from the outskirts of Warsaw to the centre. 10,000 Russians took part. As you can imagine that went down brilliantly.

CJ_covblaze

Always been top class in an England Shirt. That probably counts for something.

How Livermore gets in is beyond me, bang average player in a woeful club side

He was in the past. Vastly underwhelming lately though.

CJ_covblaze

wingy

Listening to Question Time I don't think things will will have settled down by the time this comes around.

Sick Boy

If I was an England fan i'd probably want to include a few of the younger lot coming through who have actually won stuff and give them the experience. The majority of this lot are nothing special.

CJ_covblaze

If I was an England fan i'd probably want to include a few of the younger lot coming through who have actually won stuff and give them the experience. The majority of this lot are nothing special.

I’d be happy to see Angus Gunn, Ryan Sessegnon and Phil Foden in there.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

The Belgians aren’t coming in numbers!

“Members of 1895, the fan club for Belgium’s Red Devils, have booked 311 tickets for their team’s match against Panama, 1,001 for its encounter with Tunisia, and 1,461 for its last match of the group phase – against England. Fan-club members also made 194 bookings for a possible match in the last-16 phase, 223 for the quarter finals, 218 for the semi-finals and 420 for the final.”

Users who are viewing this thread