The World Cup Thread (5 Viewers)

Grendel

Beat Belgium after woefully conceding late to one of the other teams and therefore needing a result to go through. Pony on it, monster monster

Are you Eric Hall?

Covstu

Couldn’t have asked for a better draw to progress. We should get through, fairly confident t9 get to last 16

Captain Dart

Err, took me about 30 seconds typing it down off my TV screen. Beeb put it up. Didn't take me 15 mins at all.
Cheat!

Liquid Gold

Very happy with the draw. Will be great to celebrate a World Cup won after a city promotion. Very good 2018.

Gazolba

We can draw with Belgium then it's just a matter of beating the others by more than Belgium do.
Unfortunately, we're not exactly blessed with prolific strikers.
Please don't mention Vardy or Rashford.
Our only hope is if Kane turns into Romario.
And as for our defence, well I'd just as soon not discuss it. Let's just pretend they are good.

CJ_covblaze

Let us know if you want any advice, CJ. As I mentioned on another thread, my missus is from Volgograd and all her family live there. Her sister speaks excellent English.

That'd be great mate, cheers. Looking forward to going there. One of our twin cities.

CJ_covblaze

We can draw with Belgium then it's just a matter of beating the others by more than Belgium do.
And as for our defence, well I'd just as soon not discuss it. Let's just pretend they are good.

It's easy to forget the point that Rashford is at in his career. Southgate mentioned a few months ago that he was not only the youngest member of the senior set up, if he was in the U21 squad he would've been the youngest there too. He's already got 15 caps and will have 20-25 by the time the world cup has finished. 20-25 caps aged just 20 years and 10 months. To put that into perspective Harry Kane was a full year older than that when he made his debut!

Covstu

Win the first two and it’s a straight shoot out to the top of the group... if you want it!
Ah easy in theory

Gazolba

It's easy to forget the point that Rashford is at in his career. Southgate mentioned a few months ago that he was not only the youngest member of the senior set up, if he was in the U21 squad he would've been the youngest there too. He's already got 15 caps and will have 20-25 by the time the world cup has finished. 20-25 caps aged just 20 years and 10 months. To put that into perspective Harry Kane was a full year older than that when he made his debut!
All of which means absolutely nothing as far as his quality goes. Michael Owen was a star at 17 as was Rooney. Rashford will never be a star.

CJ_covblaze

All of which means absolutely nothing as far as his quality goes. Michael Owen was a star at 17 as was Rooney. Rashford will never be a star.

What do you base that on?

Travs

It's a progress-able group but it's certainly not a walk in the park. Belgium clear favourites, and Tunisia will be no pushover.

Radio 5 last night you would think we're already in the quarter-finals. Do the media never learn. If we were to get Colombia in the 2nd round we'd get trounced, and Poland would be a tough game.

CJ_covblaze

What do you think I base it on? It's my opinion based on watching him play.

How many times have you seen the three of them play at Rashford’s age?

M&B Stand

Just doing the Belgium game.
Flying to Berlin then overnight train to Kaliningrad.
I’ll possibly pop back for the knock outs should we progress. I swore last summer on that 2 mile walk back to them buses in Nice I was never going again, done Scotland and Malta since...

CJ_covblaze

Just doing the Belgium game.
Flying to Berlin then overnight train to Kaliningrad.
I’ll possibly pop back for the knock outs should we progress. I swore last summer on that 2 mile walk back to them buses in Nice I was never going again, done Scotland and Malta since...

I couldn’t find them and ended up getting a train. Horrible journey.

The first hotel cancelation came this morning. Didn’t think it’d happen that quick. Normally takes a week or two. 34 hours this time. Bastards!

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I couldn’t find them and ended up getting a train. Horrible journey.

The first hotel cancelation came this morning. Didn’t think it’d happen that quick. Normally takes a week or two. 34 hours this time. Bastards!

Saw your tweet, why do they allow them to be booked in the first place and then cancel, knowing an event will be on? Is it cause they now know England will be there and can charge more?
How much has the price changed?

CJ_covblaze

Saw your tweet, why do they allow them to be booked in the first place and then cancel, knowing an event will be on? Is it cause they now know England will be there and can charge more?
How much has the price changed?

Because they can. The same price at present but I’m expecting it to be several times the price soon.

CJ_covblaze

Better hotels will come up available shortly before the tournament.

Always the case isn’t it. They’ll drop down once they know the FIFA and the corporates don’t want them.

CJ_covblaze

Yep. And they realise people ain’t going.

I can see it being like 2012. Not many for the first two then a slight increase from then on.

CJ_covblaze

Donetsk was brilliant, loved it. Sad to see it now.

On par with the San Mames as the best new ground I’ve been to. Great place too.

Otis

Any chance of a cheeky little wild card selection for Phil Foden for the England World Cup squad?

I see he played in the Champions League last night. If he can get some game time and impress a bit it might be worth taking him along.

He seems supremely confident.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

Maddison will play through Wilson to make it 2-1 and win it. 92nd minute against Argentina. Sven goes to shake hands with Maradona who is losing his shit on the touch line and resigns again soon after.

skyblue025

CJ I plan on going to second and third games. I'm going on my own so would be more than happy to meet up for the week. Don't know who you are traveling with but having gone to Brazil on my own it gets really expensive having to get taxis from airports etc if your on your own.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread