The World Cup Thread (6 Viewers)

CJ_covblaze

The bloke who has taken the reading job who got sacked from bottom of the table Swansea and done nothing with derby who are now towards the top under Rowett, won’t be rowett he hasn’t played internationals

You were talking about coaches. Clement's record is superb. As I said, if not him, Steve Round. Both are better than who is there at present.

Covstu

I think the job is impossible, he wins people moan, he loses and he isn’t the right man. We bossed that game last night, yes the Dutch are poor and resorted to lumping it up the pitch to the big man but we can only beat what is in front of us.

CJ_covblaze

I think the job is impossible, he wins people moan, he loses and he isn’t the right man. We bossed that game last night, yes the Dutch are poor and resorted to lumping it up the pitch to the big man but we can only beat what is in front of us.

I’d rather someone else was manager as his style is pretty negative but it’s working at present at the back. One goal conceded in almost eleven hours of football in games against Malta, Lithuania, Holland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Brazil and Germany. Can’t argue with that defensive record.

M&B Stand

I’d rather someone else was manager as his style is pretty negative but it’s working at present at the back. One goal conceded in almost eleven hours of football in games against Malta, Lithuania, Holland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Brazil and Germany. Can’t argue with that defensive record.

He can only be judged in tournaments.
England have been decent in friendly and qualifying (bar 2008) for years.
read Henry Winter ‘50 years of hurt’
A real honest good read

Reactions: vow

lifeskyblue

Thought England played ok yesterday. Some quick possession football and players working hard and well together.
Bit concerned at lack of incision in final third and always felt Pickford, stones and walker had a mistake in them.
Overall encouraging performance against a one dimensional poor side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

I only watched snippets .
Pass completion must have been high.
That's what stood out for me, done at a high tempo too.

CJ_covblaze

Wasn’t expecting Portugal to get smashed last night by Holland. They had a shocker.

CJ_covblaze

Anyone going tonight? Will be in the green man by 1830 hopefully if anyone fancy a a pint.

We’ll be in there from around half 5.

covmark

Hate it when the Italians play dirty and cheat. Got their comeuppance there.

They just seem intent on chopping down Sterling at every given opportunity.
Absolutely. Every time he gets it. There's an Italian trying to take his legs away.
Sterling and Lingard are best players on the pitch atm.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

bringbackrattles

Don't care too much for Young at left back. At 32 now he also seems to have lost a bit of pace.

I'm sure he's fine for Man U there, but at International level he is going to get outpaced.

Much prefer Rose in that position.
Young was the original diver. He invented it !

Liquid Gold

Don't care too much for Young at left back. At 32 now he also seems to have lost a bit of pace.

I'm sure he's fine for Man U there, but at International level he is going to get outpaced.

Much prefer Rose in that position.
I worry about Rose though. Lost his spot at Spurs and there are rumours that he’s not the same player after his injury.

wingy

There have been pockets of good passing football from England
Haven't paid full attention but completion rate must high like the other night.
Has to be for this style and system to work.
Only friendlies though without tension /fear or full frenetic pressing.

SkyBlueSoul

Haven't paid full attention but completion rate must high like the other night.
Has to be for this style and system to work.
Only friendlies though without tension /fear or full frenetic pressing.

ac1909dac1562541b28061c5fbdcb618.jpg

Liquid Gold

Italy also picked up 23 points in qualifying, only 3 less than England. That would have been enough to win 2 of the groups and they were unlucky to draw Spain. They were poor against Sweden but this is still a decent international side.

covmark

Italy also picked up 23 points in qualifying, only 3 less than England. That would have been enough to win 2 of the groups and they were unlucky to draw Spain. They were poor against Sweden but this is still a decent international side.
England have been by far the better side. The front 4 have all got decent pace which Italy haven't dealt with too well.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Liquid Gold

The Italians were appealing for a corner! I bet there will be loads of VAR decisions that favour teams with big stars to keep the TV ratings up and keep fifa in the cash.

Esoterica

I thought VAR was supposed to be clear and obvious. That was a load of shit.
Needs to be limited to offsides, balls crossing the line etc - things that are undebatable. Anything that is down to an individuals interpretation of a replay should be dropped at least until they get used to the technology and are getting those clearcut decisions right. That was never ever a penalty but technically he did stand on his foot so even though it was absolutely fucking ridiculous to change his mind over that, it'll get chalked up as a correct decision.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

The Italians were appealing for a corner! I bet there will be loads of VAR decisions that favour teams with big stars to keep the TV ratings up and keep fifa in the cash.

Surely if the final VAR is to be decided by the onfield ref he decides to use it or not for a decision straight away than a man in a van 60 seconds later saying “fancy checking that one”, surely the fact the tv ref has told the onfield ref to check the decision the TV ref thinks it’s a pen!?

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Needs to be limited to offsides, balls crossing the line etc - things that are undebatable. Anything that is down to an individuals interpretation of a replay should be dropped at least until they get used to the technology and are getting those clearcut decisions right. That was never ever a penalty but technically he did stand on his foot so even though it was absolutely fucking ridiculous to change his mind over that, it'll get chalked up as a correct decision.

Yep agree, as soon as you saw the slow mo you knew he’d give it.

Like LQ said the Italians were only bothered about the corner!

Users who are viewing this thread