The World Cup Thread (1 Viewer)

skyblue025

Let’s face it we are going knowing we will get the last 16 and that will be about it. Southgate doesn’t fill me with confidence in any way shape or form, we have pretty average players less Kane so I’m not expecting much. Still got a ticket for the final though if we get there

Brighton Sky Blue

Let’s face it we are going knowing we will get the last 16 and that will be about it. Southgate doesn’t fill me with confidence in any way shape or form, we have pretty average players less Kane so I’m not expecting much. Still got a ticket for the final though if we get there

Now down to 16th in the world, soon the last 16 might be an overachievement. Yet we have it rammed down our necks how the PL is the best in the world.

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

If it goes to form given who our knock out opponents should be I can see an “honourable” exit due to a battering in the quarters.

CJ_covblaze

I’d give Glen Murray a run out in one of the March friendlies.

I wouldn’t object to that. Currently having a good run of form. Welbeck’s been ruined by injuries and other factors. Sturridge is in a similar position too.

Only issue is, with Kane, Rashford and Vardy all almost certainly being included will he pick any other strikers? Especially when Sterling, Lingard and now Walcott are looking good options as attacking midfielders that can also play further forwards.

M&B Stand

I wouldn’t object to that. Currently having a good run of form. Welbeck’s been ruined by injuries and other factors. Sturridge is in a similar position too.

Only issue is, with Kane, Rashford and Vardy all almost certainly being included will he pick any other strikers? Especially when Sterling, Lingard and now Walcott are looking good options as attacking midfielders that can also play further forwards.

Vardy is a good player but not world level. He’s a shoe in for the squad though.
I’m not sure Rashford has earned a place on the plane this season, think he’s a tad over rated, he’s young and will hopefully come again as he matures. He needs to leave United to get a game.
Lingard on the other hand is not a player I like but I’ll admit he’s done really well this year and deserves to go.
I wonder if Foden will get a chance? Pep loves him.

CJ_covblaze

Vardy is a good player but not world level. He’s a shoe in for the squad though.
I’m not sure Rashford has earned a place on the plane this season, think he’s a tad over rated, he’s young and will hopefully come again as he matures. He needs to leave United to get a game.
Lingard on the other hand is not a player I like but I’ll admit he’s done really well this year and deserves to go.
I wonder if Foden will get a chance? Pep loves him.

Rumours going round that Ryan Sessegnon might have a chance. Bit of a step up from the U19s!

CJ_covblaze

All the money in the world and that's the best we can produce.

That’s what you get for starting to build SGP, stop due to Wembley going over budget then finally finish it years later. St George’s should’ve been the priority before the stadium. The 12 year olds from 2007 are 23 now. Backwards thinking.

skyblue025

But with the U20 and U17 winning their respective tournaments maybe St George's Park is starting to show some reward. Foden might be a dark horse for the squad. Can see Pep giving him plenty of game time once City have won the league in about 4 weeks time.

SkyblueBazza

Those ultras have amongst them soldiers from the Russian army it has been reported. These are not just thugs/hooligans but in their warped thinking/ideology they are fighting for Putin and the whole of their country. They are really dangerous and make Millwall hooligans as scary as a group of schoolgirls !
Bit like our own fans about 30yrs ago then

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Terry Gibson's perm

Another call for a boycott over the spy poisoning today .

They won’t boycott the blazer lot and some royal toffs might not get a little fully expensed holiday but that’s it.

Russian defects and somebody tries to kill him not a new story really

CJ_covblaze

Kane off, surely not another broken metatarsal!?

If he’s out for a few weeks it’ll be interesting to see what Rashford and Vardy can do against the Dutch and Italians.

skyblue025

Glen Murray will get a callup if Kane is out. It also wouldnt surprise me if Rooney is asked to come out of retirement for the WC. Walcott has done well for Everton since going there so he could get a callup. If Callum Wilson can knock a few in he has got to be in with a shout as well.

CJ_covblaze

Glen Murray will get a callup if Kane is out. It also wouldnt surprise me if Rooney is asked to come out of retirement for the WC. Walcott has done well for Everton since going there so he could get a callup. If Callum Wilson can knock a few in he has got to be in with a shout as well.

Agree about Murray. He deserves it. If Wilson scores a few more before the end of the season he has to go. I doubt Southgate will take him though.

Gazolba

Now down to 16th in the world, soon the last 16 might be an overachievement. Yet we have it rammed down our necks how the PL is the best in the world.
The PL does not have any relation to the England national team. 90% of the PL is foreign players.
Many of the top England players cannot even get a starting spot.

Brighton Sky Blue

The PL does not have any relation to the England national team. 90% of the PL is foreign players.
Many of the top England players cannot even get a starting spot.

My point is that if anything it has weakened the national team whereas the leagues of other countries have strengthened them.

Gazolba

We have no hope at the next World Cup, unless you are talking about our ladies team.
The men's team lacks any world class players, except possibly Kane.
We don't even have a single decent goalie.
The fact that anyone can contemplate bring back Rooney shows how desperate we are.
The selection committee will pick a safe, uninspiring team and Southgate's men will be beaten before they step on the pitch.

skyblue025

To be fair he haven't had any hope since 1996 at any tournament so it's nothing new. In the last 20 years how many English players would of got into a World 11? Definitely Ashley Cole maybe Gerrard, Lampard Scholes and Shearer before the injurys took their toll. Apart from them nothing.

CJ_covblaze

Going to be an interesting few days and weeks. Will they pull us out?

fernandopartridge

To be fair he haven't had any hope since 1996 at any tournament so it's nothing new. In the last 20 years how many English players would of got into a World 11? Definitely Ashley Cole maybe Gerrard, Lampard Scholes and Shearer before the injurys took their toll. Apart from them nothing.
Scholes. Ferdinand. Definitely not Gerrard

CJ_covblaze

CJ_covblaze

I wish Theresa Mays dad had but in answer to your question no

Can’t stand her. Sad state of affairs when she’s the better option though. Back on topic. As well as the Royals not traveling over is there anything that can be done to stop Gareth Southgate going too?

M&B Stand

Can’t stand her. Sad state of affairs when she’s the better option though. Back on topic. As well as the Royals not traveling over is there anything that can be done to stop Gareth Southgate going too?

I’m hoping Jake Livermore joins the boycott

Terry Gibson's perm

He will be in that job for a long time so get used to him, they could lose all the games five nil and they would say planning for the next tournament

CJ_covblaze

Users who are viewing this thread