The walking dead starts again tonight (1 Viewer)

Otis

Oh and I have another theory. Entirely my own.

Next week the helicopter comes into play, hovering in the sky. We see Rick leading the hoard away and then we see the helicopter descend and land.

We think Rick will be saved, but It doesn't land by Rick though and instead lands and grabs Maggie. She doesn't make it to Alexandria.

Rick is caught up by the walkers, he jumps into the river and is swept away by the current. The walkers all fall in after him and they are washed away too. Rick has saved the day though.

Hence, two leaders suddenly vanish and with the Saviours already rebelling the whole system is ground to a halt and tension reaches boiling point between all the differing factions, with them all blaming each other for Rick and Maggie.

They are at each others' throats and all out war seems certain, but then up pop the Whisperers and therefore the factions all have to work together against the threat.

I think Negan will be released too to help out.

ajsccfc

I watched that Hunted thing too, actually found myself warming to the Love Island goons because they seem a bit dense but proper best pals which is nice. Still rooting for them to be captured in a big net and pelted with tomatoes though. AJ will last to the end I reckon, he's so nervous and paranoid which helps

Otis

I watched that Hunted thing too, actually found myself warming to the Love Island goons because they seem a bit dense but proper best pals which is nice. Still rooting for them to be captured in a big net and pelted with tomatoes though. AJ will last to the end I reckon, he's so nervous and paranoid which helps
Posh boy Mercer will make it you can tell.

He is so well connected and besides, I'm sure there is a clip of him diving into the water after being chased, which to me signals the final pick up location.

skybluegod

Oh and I have another theory. Entirely my own.

Next week the helicopter comes into play, hovering in the sky. We see Rick leading the hoard away and then we see the helicopter descend and land.

We think Rick will be saved, but It doesn't land by Rick though and instead lands and grabs Maggie. She doesn't make it to Alexandria.

Rick is caught up by the walkers, he jumps into the river and is swept away by the current. The walkers all fall in after him and they are washed away too. Rick has saved the day though.

Hence, two leaders suddenly vanish and with the Saviours already rebelling the whole system is ground to a halt and tension reaches boiling point between all the differing factions, with them all blaming each other for Rick and Maggie.

They are at each others' throats and all out war seems certain, but then up pop the Whisperers and therefore the factions all have to work together against the threat.

I think Negan will be released too to help out.

Good story but doubt it!

I think one of the preview scenes was all of the walkers dead and laid out wasn't it? Could be that Something kills all of the walkers. although I do like the theory of yours.

Only thing is Maggie hasn't had anything top do with Anne/Jadis, so how would she know she is an 'A', whereas Rick and Anne, have a past. It could be that Whipsers take Maggie, and helicopter does indeed take Rick.

I too think Negan will be released, from what I have been told he does become an integral part of the community in the comic books.

Who do we think steps up to lead the groups in the absence of leaders? Alexandria one would expect Michone? Alexandria Jesus? Will Daryl, try and lead the saviors? Or will the Savior turned Maggie's bestie do it?

Otis

Good story but doubt it!

I think one of the preview scenes was all of the walkers dead and laid out wasn't it? Could be that Something kills all of the walkers. although I do like the theory of yours.

Only thing is Maggie hasn't had anything top do with Anne/Jadis, so how would she know she is an 'A', whereas Rick and Anne, have a past. It could be that Whipsers take Maggie, and helicopter does indeed take Rick.

I too think Negan will be released, from what I have been told he does become an integral part of the community in the comic books.

Who do we think steps up to lead the groups in the absence of leaders? Alexandria one would expect Michone? Alexandria Jesus? Will Daryl, try and lead the saviors? Or will the Savior turned Maggie's bestie do it?

My theory doesn't work anyway, because I now understand there is a clip about somewhere where Michonne and Maggie have a confrontation.

Otis

Do think Rick could be swept away though. That leaves it open for him to return later down the line.

skybluegod

Yes it does, plus they have only said Rick is leaving rather than Maggie this early on, so would expect it is Rick being swept away.

Otis

It's just they made quite a thing about the strength of the water current didn't they and you can see it gushing under the bridge.

Would be a very simple get out for Rick to leave and come back in a season or two, as there would always be the 'did he die, didn't he die' scenario in play if he got washed away with the current.

skybluegod

It's just they made quite a thing about the strength of the water current didn't they and you can see it gushing under the bridge.

Would be a very simple get out for Rick to leave and come back in a season or two, as there would always be the 'did he die, didn't he die' scenario in play if he got washed away with the current.

Yes that's true. But if Rick were to lead the herd back to the bridge would that not be the direction Daryl went rather than the way Rick went?

Plus he would be putting the camp in danger leading all of the herd there.

Another thing would be people would be outraged by the death of Rick in the water imo... It's a bit of a crap death

Otis

Yes that's true. But if Rick were to lead the herd back to the bridge would that not be the direction Daryl went rather than the way Rick went?

Plus he would be putting the camp in danger leading all of the herd there.

Another thing would be people would be outraged by the death of Rick in the water imo... It's a bit of a crap death
Ah, but like I said earlier, in my scenario, Rick gets washed away and the herd slip into the river after him too, therefore Rick saving the day and potentially still being alive.

skybluegod

Ah, but like I said earlier, in my scenario, Rick gets washed away and the herd slip into the river after him too, therefore Rick saving the day and potentially still being alive.

Yeah no I get that, but it still... feels like a bit of a shit end... the hero of the show simply being swept away... simply because if he didn’t come back... then that would be his death...

Otis

Yeah no I get that, but it still... feels like a bit of a shit end... the hero of the show simply being swept away... simply because if he didn’t come back... then that would be his death...
Unless he's rescued by the Rubber Dinghy-ites who just live around the bend in the river.

Otis

Is everyone going to manage to avoid finding out about Rick's fate until tonight okay?

Only danger for me is my daughter, who is all over social media all the time, 24/7.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Is everyone going to manage to avoid finding out about Rick's fate until tonight okay?

Only danger for me is my daughter, who is all over social media all the time, 24/7.
I’m fighting the temptation, I’m not due to start work till 1:30 today

Otis

Same here, Daz. Very tempted to see what happened, but am trying to hold on until tonight.

skybluegod

Seen the clip of the next episode... looks really really good. Either the whispers (who I know nothing about) or zombies have evolved which is an interesting idea

Sky_Blue_Daz

Well has anyone given in and had a search online for spoliers ?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Hopefully I can get away from work early

skybluegod

Fair play Otis, basically bang on.

Leaves it open. Bit of a cop out as it might not be last episodes after all.

But another fantastic episode.

And we have now jumped forward what looks like 3/4 years...

ajsccfc

Really liked that, although I spent it waiting for him to die so I should be massively annoyed after they left him with absolutely no chance last ep.

Good part is that we get to know what happens to him, they're making some TV films about him instead as Andrew Lincoln only has to film two months per year instead of the nine the series takes up

larry_david

Didn't appreciate the shit music at the end, complete mood killer. Enjoyed the jump in time, means they won't be spending the next 5 episodes looking for Rick. Is it on next week now or mid season break

Otis

Mixed bag for me. Some brilliant bits and some religiousy supernatural, drawn out bollocky bits.

Like the time jump at the end though and it's nice to know Rick is still alive, but now guessing we will never see him again in the show.

Probably best. He gets to live, but leaves the show.

SkyBlueScottie

Not sure what to make of it. I thought it was fitting that he would go out while saving the Day. Daryl's face, he was heartbroken... A couple of things, we know they just won't accept he is dead, so it would be odd if they didn't at least have a poke around. Rick himself, are we to really believe he will accept his fate, and not try to get back to Judith? Oh and Am today announced there will be a trilogy of Rick Grimes "movies" starring Andrew Lincoln ...

Otis

Not sure what to make of it. I thought it was fitting that he would go out while saving the Day. Daryl's face, he was heartbroken... A couple of things, we know they just won't accept he is dead, so it would be odd if they didn't at least have a poke around. Rick himself, are we to really believe he will accept his fate, and not try to get back to Judith? Oh and Am today announced there will be a trilogy of Rick Grimes "movies" starring Andrew Lincoln ...
Yeah, spotted that.

Thing is, if the helicopter takes him somewhere and doesn't tell him where it is, he wouldn't be able to get back.

Otis

Okay, so, theories as to why Rick was in fact a B.

What do we reckon? I think we all thought and accepted Rick was an A didn't we?

Seems that either Rick's injury has turned him into a B, or that he is still an A, but Jadis lied in order to protect him, or he has been a B all along.

That doesn't quite make sense with all the A's we've been seeing throughout the seasons though and Jessie's son in Alexandria even stamped Rick's hand with a A that first time upon meeting at the evening get together.

I'm a bit puzzled. If Jadis had said Rick was an A wouldn't the helicopter have taken him perhaps? Seems they want A's, so why is Rick a B?

Keep coming back to the fact that it is because he was injured.

Jadis was going to offer up Negan to the heli people, so we can assume that HE was an A can't we? The helicopter is looking for A's and even had an A painted on its side.

Hmm. Intriguing.

skybluegod

Yeahhhhhh, not really getting the Gabriel Rosita thing, she hated Gabriel before so don't get that...

Was a pretty good episode again to be honest. It has left a lot of avenues to explore with obviously the Whispers now becoming part of it, the Scar on Michonnes back?

A 6 year time jump, but didn't michonnes kid look younger than 5?

Why have all of the communities split up and what happened?

What happened with the Saviors rebelling, why did Carol originally let them live?

Daryl, out all alone why is this?

Eugene was pretty bad ass which was kinda refreshing and I liked it.

Otis

Yeahhhhhh, not really getting the Gabriel Rosita thing, she hated Gabriel before so don't get that...

Was a pretty good episode again to be honest. It has left a lot of avenues to explore with obviously the Whispers now becoming part of it, the Scar on Michonnes back?

A 6 year time jump, but didn't michonnes kid look younger than 5?

Why have all of the communities split up and what happened?

What happened with the Saviors rebelling, why did Carol originally let them live?

Daryl, out all alone why is this?

Eugene was pretty bad ass which was kinda refreshing and I liked it.
Yeah, the kid definitely only looked about 4ish.

As for Daryl, I can only assume that by the look of him he hasn't had a bath since Rick 'died'.

Otis

The one thing that does bother me a bit is the thought of endless padding flashbacks to fill the gaps.

I am all for explanation, but do we really need a whole episode to explain Michonne's cross and a whole episode to show why Daryl is isolated?

And another whole episode to explain why Michonne's pregnancy lasted at least two years?

May not happen of course, but I am kind of half expecting it.

Users who are viewing this thread