The walking dead starts again tonight (1 Viewer)

Otis

Hahaha, I meant you! Do you like spoiling it!?
Depends.

I don't usually look stuff up, but if it's about a character I like who the show's losing, it then pricks my interest.

Was all over the Lucille incident because I didn't want it to be Rick, or Glenn, or Daryl, or Maggie.

Now I don't want Rick to be killed off. :)

Otis

Or heath might be dead and a whisperer will be wearing his face and come back.
They deliberately didn't show the fate of Heath, so am guessing he is definitely coming back.

Not sure a lot of people would get Heath coming back as a Whisperer, cos most would just go 'Who's Heath?'

skybluegod

They deliberately didn't show the fate of Heath, so am guessing he is definitely coming back.

Not sure a lot of people would get Heath coming back as a Whisperer, cos most would just go 'Who's Heath?'

To be honest it was a joke! I don't know why they have saved Heath he was so unimportant in the first place.

skybluegod

Depends.

I don't usually look stuff up, but if it's about a character I like who the show's losing, it then pricks my interest.

Was all over the Lucille incident because I didn't want it to be Rick, or Glenn, or Daryl, or Maggie.

Now I don't want Rick to be killed off. :)

Ah okay, so is the spoiler you put in the official fate of Rick? Or is it a theory, don't want to open it and ruin it.

I overheard the Lucille incident in a pub the night before it aired, which killed it for me. I like the suspense.

Otis

Ah okay, so is the spoiler you put in the official fate of Rick? Or is it a theory, don't want to open it and ruin it.

I overheard the Lucille incident in a pub the night before it aired, which killed it for me. I like the suspense.
The spoiler is a clip from next week's show (Rick's last episode). Some are saying that states his fate.

I don't believe it though.

skybluegod

The spoiler is a clip from next week's show (Rick's last episode). Some are saying that states his fate.

I don't believe it though.

Yeah surely it's just a teaser to take fans on the wrong path. Okay wait so is it Monday's episode his last one? Or the week after sorry?

Otis

Yeah surely it's just a teaser to take fans on the wrong path. Okay wait so is it Monday's episode his last one? Or the week after sorry?
The one the week after.

Yeah, it's like a teaser clip.

Don't buy the fans' deduction on that one at all.

skybluegod

The one the week after.

Yeah, it's like a teaser clip.

Don't buy the fans' deduction on that one at all.

Ergh gonna be a long week!! I hope he does come back like you say, I think he epitomizes what most people would want to be in an apocalypse

Otis

Not really as I wasn't saying there should be more walking in it...
But if there was more walking in it you'd be moaning the people walking weren't Walkers.

It is called the Walking Dead and there have been dead people in it this season.

People have also said 'The' a lot.

King of the Lesbians

But if there was more walking in it you'd be moaning the people walking weren't Walkers.

It is called the Walking Dead and there have been dead people in it this season.

People have also said 'The' a lot.
It's a zombie romcom. I want more zombies. Everything else you said is horse-shit. ;)

skybluegod

Who are these whisperers people are mentioning.
Do they eat a lot of chocolate or something?

Been a bit disappointed with this season so far.
I guess I probably want more zombie action from my zombie apocalypse drama...

Well they have never called it a Zombie Drama themselves have they? I thought I regards that they avoided that word on purpose.
Maybe best to see it as an apocalypse based Drama- rather than Zombie

They are all walking dead- as they are all infected with the disease.
Plus Rick is quoted as saying "We are the walking dead"

Otis

Well they have never called it a Zombie Drama themselves have they? I thought I regards that they avoided that word on purpose.
Maybe best to see it as an apocalypse based Drama- rather than Zombie

They are all walking dead- as they are all infected with the disease.
Plus Rick is quoted as saying "We are the walking dead"
Yeah and 9 seasons of zombies would be incredibly tiresome and tedious.

This is the best season for some time so far.

skybluegod

Great episode so far tonight. The show has made a really strong come back.
So many strong story lines.
Daryl and rick with that touching moment. Makes it even sadder that rick is leaving. Hope he does come back! And believe more and more your theory that he might come back is right Otis.

Otis

Great episode so far tonight. The show has made a really strong come back.
So many strong story lines.
Daryl and rick with that touching moment. Makes it even sadder that rick is leaving. Hope he does come back! And believe more and more your theory that he might come back is right Otis.
That spoiler from last week was just fans saying that because Rick said to Carol 'So you're leaving too' that meant Rick was saying as well as himself.

Surely he just meant after Daryl walked out on the Saviours.

As for the clip of next week, seems to me now that Rick is going to die. He is leading the walkers away and seemingly his whole life is flashing before him.

Kind of think now he will die but save the day.

Good episode. Must be down to the writin this improvement across the board, because seemingly characters have depth again and meaning.

The dialogue now means something and is heartfelt. The characters now suddenly seem richer and more evenly woven.

Such a shame it has taken this long to get here.

In some ways it is now like a different show entirely.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Just read the plot for next week's episode. Apparently,
Rick survives!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
What was all that with 'bowl-cut' woman and the vicar / priest in the junk yard? What happened in the stand-off between Carol and that group of ne'er-do-well ruffians? Why didn't Rick and Daryl have a kiss and cuddle while they were all alone in that pit before being rained on by zombies? Has Negan suddenly become a born-again Christian? It just seemed to me that the writers were trying to cram too much into one episode.

Otis

Maybe, maybe.

From the trailer for next week, Rick is either hallucinating walking away with the injury, having pulled himself from the metal bar, or he does actually pull himself from the metal bar.

I think he will free himself, lead the hoard away, be the hero.

It's then just a case of whether he dies or is whisked away.

There is a chance of the helicopter for sure, but will they see a very, very badly injured man still as an A?

Otis

What was all that with 'bowl-cut' woman and the vicar / priest in the junk yard? What happened in the stand-off between Carol and that group of ne'er-do-well ruffians? Why didn't Rick and Daryl have a kiss and cuddle while they were all alone in that pit before being rained on by zombies? Has Negan suddenly become a born-again Christian? It just seemed to me that the writers were trying to cram too much into one episode.
They did, but somehow they do so successfully to my mind.

Enjoying this series so much more than previous incarnations.

ajsccfc

Did I spot Shane in the preview for next week? Looks almost like an entire hour of greatest hits flashbacks, looking forward it now

Otis

Did I spot Shane in the preview for next week? Looks almost like an entire hour of greatest hits flashbacks, looking forward it now
Yes. Confirmed for an appearance some time back and that was definitely him in the police car.

I also understand Herschel will be in there too. Presumably holding hisnhead by his side.

Would guess that will have been the very last thing Scott Wilson ever filmed.

skybluegod

That spoiler from last week was just fans saying that because Rick said to Carol 'So you're leaving too' that meant Rick was saying as well as himself.

Surely he just meant after Daryl walked out on the Saviours.

As for the clip of next week, seems to me now that Rick is going to die. He is leading the walkers away and seemingly his whole life is flashing before him.

Kind of think now he will die but save the day.

Good episode. Must be down to the writin this improvement across the board, because seemingly characters have depth again and meaning.

The dialogue now means something and is heartfelt. The characters now suddenly seem richer and more evenly woven.

Such a shame it has taken this long to get here.

In some ways it is now like a different show entirely.

Yes upon sleeping on it, i don't see how Rick would survive this now. Got to admit this is a very disappointing death to a hoard of walkers. OR he will be taken as you say by the helicopter people.

Yes I thought so the same about Carol leaving the same as Daryl

Yep well obviously the Executive producer is Angela Kang (?? That her name??) who was with he show from the start who seems to have gone back to the roots. I loved that talk between Rick and Daryl, I think it showed that their brotherly bond hadn't gone but rather that Daryl and Rick were both fighting for something for their separate reasons.

However, I do have a feeling that Daryl may stop Maggie killing Negan now. If Rick dies, I feel like Daryl will feel a sense of loyalty to Rick, he gave his life for this cause, so Daryl will try and make his way work.

It is a shame that it took so long to get back to this level of Depth in characters, but I am actually so on edge with this season compared to the last 3

skybluegod

Maybe, maybe.

From the trailer for next week, Rick is either hallucinating walking away with the injury, having pulled himself from the metal bar, or he does actually pull himself from the metal bar.

I think he will free himself, lead the hoard away, be the hero.

It's then just a case of whether he dies or is whisked away.

There is a chance of the helicopter for sure, but will they see a very, very badly injured man still as an A?

It could be that Jadis gets him rather then the helicopter? She patches him up and it's okay? Who knows!

skybluegod

Before it was too much focus on two characters for the whole episode, and so it took so long for a story to develop. I though last nights episode was one of the best in 3 seasons.

Otis

Yes upon sleeping on it, i don't see how Rick would survive this now. Got to admit this is a very disappointing death to a hoard of walkers. OR he will be taken as you say by the helicopter people.

Yes I thought so the same about Carol leaving the same as Daryl

Yep well obviously the Executive producer is Angela Kang (?? That her name??) who was with he show from the start who seems to have gone back to the roots. I loved that talk between Rick and Daryl, I think it showed that their brotherly bond hadn't gone but rather that Daryl and Rick were both fighting for something for their separate reasons.

However, I do have a feeling that Daryl may stop Maggie killing Negan now. If Rick dies, I feel like Daryl will feel a sense of loyalty to Rick, he gave his life for this cause, so Daryl will try and make his way work.

It is a shame that it took so long to get back to this level of Depth in characters, but I am actually so on edge with this season compared to the last 3
Yeah, agree.

I think guilt will kick in for Daryl and of course Jesus is already wavering.

You don't possibly think one of the Saviours is going to break Negan free do you?

I am hoping for the helicopter scenario for Rick. Eaten by walkers just doesn't seem fitting.

Should at least be some gallant heroic move

skybluegod

Yeah, agree.

I think guilt will kick in for Daryl and of course Jesus is already wavering.

You don't possibly think one of the Saviours is going to break Negan free do you?

I am hoping for the helicopter scenario for Rick. Eaten by walkers just doesn't seem fitting.

Should at least be some gallant heroic move

Yes Jesus already wavering too.

Oh that's a good thought... but I don't see it, don't see how they would get into Alexandria, and I don't see why they would either...

Yeah I really don't think it would be right to kill of Rick to Walkers, after all of the stuff he has survived, doesn't sit well with me.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Very good episode, but I can’t see how rick will survive from that .

Sky_Blue_Daz

Well you would think not, but within the clip of next week's epsiode he's walking away, having freed himself.

Unless that's an hallucination.
Yes I didn’t like the next time trailer in the episode

ajsccfc

There are preview photos of the episode showing him riding the horse holding his side like he's got a stitch. I actually want him to be dead and the whole episode him passing on because if he somehow gets out of it they'll be right back into the old bad tricks of previous seasons where they showed signs of moving on this one.

Otis

Yes I didn’t like the next time trailer in the episode
I don't like them full stop.

Don't know why they do it. Just keep us in suspense.

An currently watching Celebrity Hunted and there's two blokes off Love Island on there. Keeps looking like they are going to get caught, but you know they are not because they keep showing a clip of one of them running naked around a tennis court and we haven't even got to that bit yet.

Spoils the whole thing.

Just leave it be.

We clealy saw Rick leading the walkers away, staggering and clutching his torso where the concrete rod went in. Grrr!!!

Users who are viewing this thread