The walking dead starts again tonight (1 Viewer)

skybluegod

The one thing that does bother me a bit is the thought of endless padding flashbacks to fill the gaps.

I am all for explanation, but do we really need a whole episode to explain Michonne's cross and a whole episode to show why Daryl is isolated?

And another whole episode to explain why Michonne's pregnancy lasted at least two years?

May not happen of course, but I am kind of half expecting it.

I don't think they will do that, I think they it will be slowly def to us through episodes, rather than full episodes of flashbacks. The team seem to have learnt from mistakes

Otis

I don't think they will do that, I think they it will be slowly def to us through episodes, rather than full episodes of flashbacks. The team seem to have learnt from mistakes
Fingers crossed that, that is so. I think it's much better for it to be slowly unravelled rather than have a whole episode of flashback.

skybluegod

Fingers crossed that, that is so. I think it's much better for it to be slowly unravelled rather than have a whole episode of flashback.

Yeah I agree, would be a bit of a lame duck episode. Plus this episode as i said gave so many different story lines to go along leaving me wanting more!

skybluegod

Pretty boring that... thin next will be good...

Daryll also has that scar??? So must have been an attack of some kind?

Also need to know what this fair is...

Why michonne and Maggie fell out?

Otis

Nope. Rather weak episode, that. Dull.

I wonder if the X's are anything to do with the A and B concept?

Both Michonne and Daryl are, or have been leaders.

Be interesting to see who else has them.

Nick

Administrator
Could I just jump in with the start of this series?

Think the last one I watched was when the fella with the baseball bat was smashing somebody's head in.

Otis

Could I just jump in with the start of this series?

Think the last one I watched was when the fella with the baseball bat was smashing somebody's head in.
Yeah, you can.

I can give you a quick rundown if you want.

ajsccfc

Rosita was my favourite, but I like this new moody girl who really wants her knives. You have to admire how she can keep such lovely thick hair in the middle of a zombie apocalypse

skybluegod

Nope. Rather weak episode, that. Dull.

I wonder if the X's are anything to do with the A and B concept?

Both Michonne and Daryl are, or have been leaders.

Be interesting to see who else has them.

Hmm seems unlikely? If those people had done it would they not know about Rick?

You were however right about Georgie and maggie!

skybluegod

Rosita was my favourite, but I like this new moody girl who really wants her knives. You have to admire how she can keep such lovely thick hair in the middle of a zombie apocalypse

Never really liked Rosita, except for something to look at. But agree Magna, is a good actor, and imo better looking that Rosita too!!

Otis

Hmm seems unlikely? If those people had done it would they not know about Rick?

You were however right about Georgie and maggie!
Only other option is there was another 'war' in the passing 6 years and they were captured and branded.

King of the Lesbians

Just caught up on a couple of episodes. Those scars look more surgical that any sort of branding.
Wondering if it's anything to do with Michonne disliking the newbies as a previous bunch of newbies turned out to be a bunch of organ thieves or something.
Didn't expect the time jump...interesting.
Has Maggie left the series as well or is that coming later?
Like the fact that the [not zombies] may be getting smarter.
Carol's new hair is shit.
Eugene's hair is less shit than it was but still shit.
My other 1/2 has just realised that Michonne is called Michonne and not Michelle...

Otis

Just caught up on a couple of episodes. Those scars look more surgical that any sort of branding.
Wondering if it's anything to do with Michonne disliking the newbies as a previous bunch of newbies turned out to be a bunch of organ thieves or something.
Didn't expect the time jump...interesting.
Has Maggie left the series as well or is that coming later?
Like the fact that the [not zombies] may be getting smarter.
Carol's new hair is shit.
Eugene's hair is less shit than it was but still shit.
My other 1/2 has just realised that Michonne is called Michonne and not Michelle...
Maggie missing for one season and back next season.

If it was surgical, why an X? Doesn't seem to make sense. It's so precise, so deliberate.

Never heard of an X as a scar before. ;)

X marks the spot for treasure maybe, but that's it.

ajsccfc

You'd hope in the six year jump or whatever it is that Darryl would have got a haircut or changed his clothes. Even in real life the man looks like he stinks.

Otis

You'd hope in the six year jump or whatever it is that Darryl would have got a haircut or changed his clothes. Even in real life the man looks like he stinks.
Surely after 6 years and generating electricity and fresh water and making tools and implements etc., they would have also learned how to make clothes.

Nick

Administrator
Here's a weird one.

There was an episode a couple of series ago where it started with just some classical / random music and it just showed camera shots going round a house with the sun shining. Anybody happen to know which it was?

Otis

Here's a weird one.

There was an episode a couple of series ago where it started with just some classical / random music and it just showed camera shots going round a house with the sun shining. Anybody happen to know which it was?
You sure you weren't watching Little House on the Prairie?

Nick

Administrator
You sure you weren't watching Little House on the Prairie?

Ha no.

I remember that we had just got a puppy, I put it on and she went absolutely bat shit mental at the TV just because of the creepy music. Wanted to see if it would still bother her.

Otis

And on the X's, if we now see any other character with an O on, we know whoever was torturing them was doing so while playing naughts and crosses.

Nick

Administrator
Nah it was a while ago. I think it was just before Morgan killed somebody, or carol did. Can't remember.

King of the Lesbians

I remember that we had just got a puppy, I put it on and she went absolutely bat shit mental at the TV just because of the creepy music. Wanted to see if it would still bother her.
Nah it was a while ago. I think it was just before Morgan killed somebody, or carol did. Can't remember.
It might just be easier to find something else that bothers her... ;)
How old is the puppy now?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
What a pile of shite this series is turning out to be. I probably won't be bothering to watch in future. It's run its course as far as I can see.

Otis

What a pile of shite this series is turning out to be. I probably won't be bothering to watch in future. It's run its course as far as I can see.
You can't see any improvement, Houch?

The scripts seem better and it has changed style somewhat.

I wasn't as keen on the first episode as others were on here, but accepted it was laying down its foundations.

The next two or three I thought were good though, but last week's was dull.

I think they had to try and take it in a slightly different direction, as the whole thing had become a bit stake and formulaic.

Hopefully the Whisperers are going to propel the thing forwards too.

Users who are viewing this thread