The Rebuild- Around Hamer and Sheaf (2 Viewers)

Alkhen

Gus and Vik are gone 100%

Only silver lining is they won't go for cheap

GaryPendrysEyes

Im personally still quite unsure about Doug King, why he bought the club and what his intentions are for the next few years.
He certainly isn’t going to flash the cash and I wouldn’t be surprised if he is very conservative in bringing players in.
We’ll see.

Bad Boy

Hamer will be gone, tbh he would have been off even if we had gone up. He has been an absolute pleasure to watch this season, especially the last few months.

Sell him for any less than 10 mil and we’ve had our pants down.
It will be a bidding war for Gus. Upwards of £20 million will get his signature I'm led to understand.

shepardo01

Torturing myself watching it back...
Sky comms saying Hamer was abandoned as a baby in Brazil 😪... (knew he was born there obviously but didn't know that)adopted by a Dutch family and his adopted father died last year😪 (knew that) ..... makes me love the guy even more knowing what he has been through and how he gives his all for us and seems to enjoy it so much......

mark82

Torturing myself watching it back...
Sky comms saying Hamer was abandoned as a baby in Brazil 😪... (knew he was born there obviously but didn't know that)adopted by a Dutch family and his adopted father died last year😪 (knew that) ..... makes me love the guy even more knowing what he has been through and how he gives his all for us and seems to enjoy it so much......

Will never have any bad feelings towards Gus. Given me so much pleasure watching him the last couple of years. A class act.

Londonccfcfan

If we get good money for Vik , I think we would be able to offer Hamer what he wants financially...with an agreement he can have X% of his future transfer fee. With options to leave in a year. Optimistic but I believe hes settled and the big move will come , if we have tempted Sheaf..then why not Hamer.

Hertsccfc

If we get good money for Vik , I think we would be able to offer Hamer what he wants financially...with an agreement he can have X% of his future transfer fee. With options to leave in a year. Optimistic but I believe hes settled and the big move will come , if we have tempted Sheaf..then why not Hamer.
I don't understand why you feel we have more chance of keeping Hamer than Gyokeres.

napolimp

Some really interesting reading on here. I do think we are the sort of club who need to buy, improve and get the most out of players, and then sell when they're ready to move on. Having said that, even though it does feel like Vik has been off for a while, it doesn't seem the same with Hamer. Apparently he's bought a house locally too, so that sounds like someone who might want to stay.

I'm sure we're going to have some interesting arrivals. But for those saying this squad has taken us as far as we can go, what- 1 penalty kick away from the Premier league after a disastrous first 2 months of the season? Just build on what we have, it's a team that enjoys playing together and they're getting used to winning.

Sky Blue Pete

I think Harmer will be a lot harder to replace than Vic
Great business and development at c. £1m each, it’s where we as a club and we could be banking £30m for the pair. That should land us 4 or 5 top championship players and strengthen the bench.
It’s why we need to spend that money each transfer window and why it was frustrating it didn’t happen after them two

Trust the manager though as we signed one free and some loans to get to the play off final

Flying Fokker

We need taller, faster players if we are to go up and stay there. Not just taller than MR either!
Seeing the size of the guys Luton have and the size of some in the Everton vs Bournemouth game.

They look a couple of inches taller than our players.

Alkhen

It's just the hunch I feel Hamer is happier just my perception.
I think that's just his nature. Vik is a surly Scandinavian.

Both would be mental not to cash in on their stock. I don't begrudge them the opportunity. We can't afford to mess around and lose them for free.

Massive test for Robins and the scouting team. I'm not delusional enough to think they would get all the money from the sales but I'm sure they will get a good pot to strengthen.

I recon the value will come from European talent or players who haven't quite made the grade in the Prem youth system. I think our exploits this season will knock us up the pecking order for a few players. We obviously get players careers on track and that must be a factor.

Also think we should have a sniff at players from teams like Burnley that have just gone up. Realistically are they going to be able to give players like Twine Prem minutes?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

I think everyone's missing the vitally important information regarding whether Hamer goes or stays - is there a Samoan Joe's close by a potential new club.

Skyblue_LDN

Remains to be seen what the new recruitment department is all about. Hopefully they’ve been working away in the background and we are ready for a busy window given the contract situations.

I feel somewhat optimistic that Robins will have some sort of kitty be it from sales or King.

AngryAnt

If we lose Hamer we need to be able to bring someone in who is at least as good if not better. If the fee is significantly under £10m I'd be tempted to make him play out the final year of his contract. He's the one player who can pretty much single handedly make us a challenger.

Agreed, everyone is saying he's off but he's given no indication of going and has said recently he loves it here and would only move if Feyenord came in as a no brainer (and no one could blame him if that was the case).
I get the whole wanting to test at a higher level, but if we could build a team around him with the 20m or so that Vik will bring in, it would be one hell of a team.

As you said if it's under £10m I'd be tempted too to just see out his contract till Jan at least. Rather get a chance of promotion again and to the promised land with him, than without.

no_loyalty

Hamer a more important player so give him an improved offer and keep him.
Hopefully Robins will be begging him to give us one more season, and if we don’t get up he is free to go.

Alkhen

Agreed, everyone is saying he's off but he's given no indication of going and has said recently he loves it here and would only move if Feyenord came in as a no brainer (and no one could blame him if that was the case).
I get the whole wanting to test at a higher level, but if we could build a team around him with the 20m or so that Vik will bring in, it would be one hell of a team.

As you said if it's under £10m I'd be tempted too to just see out his contract till Jan at least. Rather get a chance of promotion again and to the promised land with him, than without.

I love your optimism but I can only see him going. Everything is adding up to the big players leaving. He is clearly the best player in his position in this league, why on earth would he not move up a level, of not just for the cash but to test himself.

We can't hold out til Jan as he can sign pre contracts then. We aren't in a strong position.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Hopefully Robins will be begging him to give us one more season, and if we don’t get up he is free to go.
But if the difference is £10m or nothing then that's a massive gamble to take that could allow a lot of squad building.

He's not guaranteed to get us promotion, even if we did improve the players around him. He could get injured first game next year.

no_loyalty

But if the difference is £10m or nothing then that's a massive gamble to take that could allow a lot of squad building.

He's not guaranteed to get us promotion, even if we did improve the players around him. He could get injured first game next year.
I agree it would be a gamble, not sure how much we could get for him.

blunted

Think Hamer's move depends on his injury situation. Has been playing through the knee injury. If he is fit for next season, I would be surprised if he is not offski. Vic would imagine is a cert to leave unless clubs won't meet our asking price. With 2 million from Wembley gate (as losing team) and some money from the Maddison sale along with a couple of high earners leaving we have scope to improve the squad. However, Vik and Gus have been so important to our success that our recruitment will define our season next year

andrew.roberts

Worth a gamble on “one last shot at the Prem and if we don’t make it you’re free to go?”
I was thinking along the same lines. If Robins can convince Hamer to stay for another season, possibly willing to match the salary offered by potential suitors and building a team around him with the guarantee that he can leave with the club's blessing if we fail to be promoted then I don't see that as such a far fetched idea. He's very settled with his family in the area I believe and appears to love the club.
Maybe wishful thinking on my part...

Enviado desde mi moto g(9) plus mediante Tapatalk

David O'Day

I actually know someone close to Gus and Gus himself doesn't know what he will be doing next season so I'm glad some folk on here know for him.

Alkhen

Yep no chance they take that risk.

I think next season is going to be massively difficult to get promoted regardless of who we get in or retain. The league is looking a lot stronger to me next year. Risky but it could be an opportunity to think a bit more long term with out recruitment. Youth players from the Prem and foreign gems to polish up

Alkhen

Some bitch needs a slap for fcuk a city head
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

GaryJones

Where do we think Hamer ends up?
Feyenoord - That’s where his heart is so chances are if they have any sense they will approach him and if they can afford him that will be job done!

GaryJones

Also I’ve a sneaky feeling Vic will end up at Brentford or Wolves unless one of the Prem teams that has qualified for Europe comes in for him.
Either way he will be gone!

Fysnkysc

Keep gus = lose money, he plays not with everything and we lose money 😂, if he signs a new contract then he’ll yea but I’m not willing to risk 7-10m because I want him for another year.

Users who are viewing this thread