The Rebuild- Around Hamer and Sheaf (1 Viewer)

Grendel

It would. £20k is not Premier League money though, it's good Championship money.

He will be nearly on that anyway and if he was offered a better deal elsewhere why would he stay. No one stays for less - people are saying we should be chucking £40 - £50k a week - its fantasy land

pusbccfc

He will be nearly on that anyway and if he was offered a better deal elsewhere why would he stay. No one stays for less - people are saying we should be chucking £40 - £50k a week - its fantasy land

There's no guarantee he'd get £40k at Palace, Brentford or Brighton.

Wages in the Premier League are high, but not always for lower table fringe players.

GIMOC

not sure where your getting your info from. I was told his new contract put him on par with waghorn who was top earner at the time just over 10k a week. The 20k would be almost double of what he’s currently on and in essence with waghorn gone, I’m happy for his wages to cover Gus new improved contract.

Grendel

not sure where your getting your info from. I was told his new contract put him on par with waghorn who was top earner at the time just over 10k a week. The 20k would be almost double of what he’s currently on.

O Hare and Hamer signed improved contracts which were regarding as the highest in the club to keep them until the beginning of the season just gone

GIMOC

O Hare and Hamer signed improved contracts which were regarding as the highest in the club to keep them until the beginning of the season just gone
Hamer new contract put him on par with waghorn, ohare slightly less. ohare before he got injured wanted to sign new improved contract but no progress recently due to his injuries

Grendel

Hamer new contract put him on par with waghorn, ohare slightly less. ohare before he got injured wanted to sign new improved contract but no progress recently due to his injuries

How would you actually know?

Surely last season Palmer was the highest paid anyway

pusbccfc

not sure where your getting your info from. I was told his new contract put him on par with waghorn who was top earner at the time just over 10k a week. The 20k would be almost double of what he’s currently on and in essence with waghorn gone, I’m happy for his wages to cover Gus new improved contract.

Waghorn was on far more than £10k

nunchuckas

No, we shouldn't be chucking 40/50k. But if we can tempt him to stay with 20/25k, a big bonus if he gets us up, and a release clause of, say, 6m if we don't go up after 1 season, then all we've done is protect our asset for one more year for around 500k more than he's allegedly on at the moment, and giving us a good chance of having another go at it next year with one of the best players in the league.

Grendel

let’s just say I have mutual friend of gus. he was open and honest about his contract. clauses etc…

And other players as well?

Grendel

Waghorn was on 10k. back then him and Walker we’re the 2 highest earners before gus signed his new contract

Were they your friends as well?

Matt smith

release clause if an offer came in excess of 10 mill came in. you would have if a new contract is proposed that would be in region of 20 mill plus
What’s your gut telling you gimoc?
Don’t really want to dig any deeper than that

pusbccfc

Waghorn was on 10k. back then him and Walker we’re the 2 highest earners before gus signed his new contract

Heard very different to this. Walker was fairly high but O'Hare was on a fair bit more when he signed. Waghorn was by some way the most paid player before bonuses.

Grendel

as I’ve said. Gus was open about it. you have to remember this was last year. Circumstances of the club and him have changed dramatically over the past 12 months

You said he was on his way Sunday!

GIMOC

What’s your gut telling you gimoc?
Don’t really want to dig any deeper than that

he wants to stay. like anyone, he wants decent wages but his agent has put forward what he wants for an extension let’s hope all parties involved can come to an agreement. he wants this sorted soon so I think will all know soon if he extends his contract

Grendel

Here you said he’s going and you were told Kelly wasn’t having his contract renewed?

Matt smith

he wants to stay. like anyone, he wants decent wages but his agent has put forward what he wants for an extension let’s hope all parties involved can come to an agreement. he wants this sorted soon so I think will all know soon if he extends his contract
Fair enough mate

Matt smith

Here you said he’s going and you were told Kelly wasn’t having his contract renewed?

Yeah and Kelly got a year didn’t he?

GIMOC

Kelly has been offered a contract. he still might go depends on if what reassurances he receives on game time. I know for a fact Harrison was offered a new contract but he said he wants first team football. will Hamer still be here come august? Who knows, all I’m saying, he’s put forward what he wants, now for the club to meet his demand.

Users who are viewing this thread