The Penalty (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Pete

vow

I seem to remember Gareth Bale getting a retrospective ban for a similar thing....but he defo didnt dive as he was trying to avoid contact, due to running so fast!

Grendel

Fair dos. A bit daft though

You cant in the one hand condone cheating and then condemn action - be honest if we’d lost through a dodgy dive you’d be screaming for a ban!

You are often slagging refs for getting a decision wrong. This ref it seems hot it wrong and it helped get 3 points

Would you rather he’d booked him for a dive if we then lost the game

Sky Blue Pete

You cant in the one hand condone cheating and then condemn action - be honest if we’d lost through a dodgy dive you’d be screaming for a ban!

You are often slagging refs for getting a decision wrong. This ref it seems hot it wrong and it helped get 3 points

Would you rather he’d booked him for a dive if we then lost the game
I’ve been pretty good recently. It didn’t affect the game or the overall result it’s sour grapes

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

He dived, even if his boot was touched the reaction was simulation. Take the punishment and move on.

Ok , as long the FA punish the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City players.

Grendel

I’ve been pretty good recently. It didn’t affect the game or the overall result it’s sour grapes

taking the lead after just scoring didn’t effect the result?

if it was the other ast round would you be moaning at Boddy for sour grapes

have a word

he got found out - so what

Grendel

Ok , as long the FA punish the likes of Manchester United, Liverpool, Manchester City players.

Ronaldo the other week against West Ham had 2 blatant penalties not given - it happens

Sky Blue Pete

taking the lead after just scoring didn’t effect the result?

if it was the other ast round would you be moaning at Boddy for sour grapes

have a word

he got found out - so what
We were all over them and they didn’t have a sniff second half

It’s often the other way round

Have a word

stupot07

there are a few examples here’s one

Interesting.

Shmmeee is right though, in the game it would have been a yellow card. It seems strange that they would give a 2 match ban. I completely get it if he would have had a second yellow at the time or if was violent conduct. Odd

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Grendel

We were all over them and they didn’t have a sniff second half

It’s often the other way round

Have a word

I’m sorry Pete he cheated and it won the game - that’s it really - anyway it’s also irrelevant to the situation in the game.

It wouldn’t have happened if we were not on Sky but it’s life.

Would you rather the ref got it right and booked Godden for simulation and no penalty - yes or no?

Sky Blue Pete

I’m sorry Pete he cheated and it won the game - that’s it really - anyway it’s also irrelevant to the situation in the game.

It wouldn’t have happened if we were not on Sky but it’s life.

Would you rather the ref got it right and booked Godden for simulation and no penalty - yes or no?
Heart yes head no

Grendel

Interesting.

Shmmeee is right though, in the game it would have been a yellow card. It seems strange that they would give a 2 match ban. I completely get it if he would have had a second yellow at the time or if was violent conduct. Odd

sean Miller was the first

It’s the rules as they are

stupot07

sean Miller was the first

It’s the rules as they are
Cheers, just seems really odd to have a retrospective action that is way worse than it it happens live in a game.

I seem to remember Arsenal (?) In the champions league getting a ban, but then Uefa bottles it and backed down.

Grendel

Cheers, just seems really odd to have a retrospective action that is way worse than it it happens live in a game.

I seem to remember Arsenal (?) In the champions league getting a ban, but then Uefa bottles it and backed down.

It’s just the law as it is. Bit odd but I guess the thinking is if it wins a penalty the suspension has to be worse.

it’s a bit odd as televised games I assume are the main ones where this is implemented- I think opposition have to appeal so comments about players like sterling are irrelevant as I think the club who have been the victim have to complain

rob9872

Not only did the guy dangle his foot, but Godden didn't actually appeal, so not sure it holds up.

Also interesting is what happens to refs? What benefit do we get back for the dodgy pen against us last week at Luton? Evens itself up on balance so don't think they should get involved retrospectively on players if they don't ban refs too.

Grendel

Not only did the guy dangle his foot, but Godden didn't actually appeal, so not sure it holds up.

Also interesting is what happens to refs? What benefit do we get back for the dodgy pen against us last week at Luton? Evens itself up on balance so don't think they should get involved retrospectively on players if they don't ban refs too.

should the ref who denied Millwall a legitimate goal get a ban?

North York’s Blue

He’s going to be be banned which is something we just have to accept, at the end of the day he deceived the ref. I just hope the FA are going to be consistent when other players dive, if it has the effect of reducing diving then I’m all for it.

thekidfromstrettoncamp

I know i'm getting away from this incident which i think was a pen intent to foul him was there.He made no attempt to withdraw his foot.I watched Liverpool Man City game.If Godden gets a retrospective ban Milner should get one for that tackle on Silva which could have resulted in him being badly injured.

Grendel

I know i'm getting away from this incident which i think was a pen intent to foul him was there.He made no attempt to withdraw his foot.I watched Liverpool Man City game.If Godden gets a retrospective ban Milner should get one for that tackle on Silva which could have resulted in him being badly injured.

not in the rule book

hill83

Few toddlers in here tonight. He got found out, take the ban. Move on.

“But but what about….”

procdoc

The rules are the rules. I don’t agree with it. What if he missed the pen and Fulham went on to win, would there still be retrospective action? We just need to accept it and move on

Brylowes

Of all the pathetic penalty decisions thrown at us down the years :unsure: does anyone remember an investigation against any of them, ffs it’s not even like it was ridiculously blatant just another debated pen among many.
Cant believe they come after us for this tbh.

Briles

Nobody is saying he shouldn't be banned, but it will be interesting to see the precedent this sets for the rest of the season and what is deemed as deception. I've seen many already that have gone unpunished. I wonder if the fact it was fulham has anything to do with it. Or the fact its the same ref who got tricked by bayliss against notts county.

Happy_Martian

Couple of things.

I said a couple of pages ago (or in the McFadz OG thread) that in a VAR world, it would have been no penalty and God would have been booked for simulation. Surprisingly, some members even agreed with me.

It was a high profile match, several camera views thanks to Sky and a lot of talk and speculation in the media about the incident after. Whether Fulham complained or not, it was always going to appear on the FA's radar.

In the past, the FA have always penalised the player involved, rarely the club. So God will get a 2 match ban and learn his lesson, Cov won't have any points removed and Fulham can feel that justice was served eventually.

This is one we have to accept is going to happen. Luckily, we have a big enough squad to cope.

Happy_Martian

Users who are viewing this thread