The official NFL Thread (2 Viewers)

tisza

What an opener.

Brady seems like he’s somehow got better and Dak is bak.

A close finish and it would have been a Cowboys win if they’d taken their field goals.
Both remind me of that St Louis Rams team. Just keep throwing it regardless.
Must be something about Tampa as visiting kickers don't do well there. Ours had an absolute shocker there last season which cost us a win (with some very dodgy ref calls)
Becoming a bit of a lottery particularly with the way pass interference calls seem to have increased the appeal of just throwing it up. Last season Bucs had something like 27 beneficial pass interference calls - next best was 19.Average around 10 per team. Surprisingly Chiefs only had 4 go their way all season
Every season last few years becoming a more & more offense-based league.

Liquid Gold

Both remind me of that St Louis Rams team. Just keep throwing it regardless.
Must be something about Tampa as visiting kickers don't do well there. Ours had an absolute shocker there last season which cost us a win (with some very dodgy ref calls)
Becoming a bit of a lottery particularly with the way pass interference calls seem to have increased the appeal of just throwing it up. Last season Bucs had something like 27 beneficial pass interference calls - next best was 19.Average around 10 per team. Surprisingly Chiefs only had 4 go their way all season
Every season last few years becoming a more & more offense-based league.
I didn't think that was pass interference at the end. They were both fighting for the ball and the CB was on his heels and couldn't recover when the receiver just stopped for the ball.

David O'Day

We were never going to win it last year. Mid pack 7-5 and had just got stuffed by the Saints.Then we went on an unbeaten roll. And it wasn’t an easy route through the playoffs either. You can never rule out Brady.

Green Bay basically committed suicide and the Chiefs with a decent OL probably win. it's amazing that they have brought everyone back but other teams have strengthened their weaknesses more

B-Ban-Boogie

We were never going to win it last year. Mid pack 7-5 and had just got stuffed by the Saints.Then we went on an unbeaten roll. And it wasn’t an easy route through the playoffs either. You can never rule out Brady.

Brady is notorious for starting slow..
We'll be just fine.

"Fire the Cannons!!"

Liquid Gold

Was disappointed with Washington. That defensive front got nowhere near Herbert all day.

I read a lot on twitter going on about them not being able to as he got rid of the ball so quickly but then what's the point in taking a DE at 2 over a QB.

I know we were still on the Haskins train but this franchise picking QBs has ruined them in the last decade.

Terry Gibson's perm

They said last night that it was the first regular season game that Lawrence had lost after success in high school onwards but it will be a feeling he has to get used to as it will be happening a lot.

tisza

Vikings pathetic 1st half - zero cohesion due this policy of not playing starters properly for at least part of pre-season games. 4 penalties on 1st drive inc. 3 for false starts!!! 17 penalties all game (Bengals only accepted 11 or 12 of them). 2nd half better until a stupid OT booth call. Cook obviously down from camera angles but for some reason New York wouldn't overturn the refs call which came well after play ended.
Cousins usual mix of good plays, complete panic out of the pocket and complete dross. Been poor in pre-season training apparently. hope it's not a prelude to last year's 1 & 5 start.
Burrow okay, Bengals big investment in defence showed but they could still easily be bottom of AFC North end of season
Other standouts : Stafford for the Rams,
Packers loss,
Bills loss ,
Chiefs going to get run on as that secondary is not good,
Wilson immediately reminds me of rookie Mayfield,
Browns going to be defined by not letting Mayfield sabotage them
Mac Jones could be good,
Lawrence has to learn quickly about speed of NFL secondaries. Got to be big questions about Meyer & rest of Jaguars side.
Not sure I can remember a Division as tough as NFC West. Even Cardinals look legit.

CanadianCCFC

What a finish to the 4th quarter. Ravens kick a field goal to go up 3 with 37 seconds left. Raiders make a 55 yard field goal to tie it. Wow

Otis

Unbelievable finish, nerves been in tatters for the last half hour. Love Heinicke.

Best sport in the world.
It is indeed.

Such a fabulous, tense game. Heinicke was very good.

Lots of concerns for Washington though I think.

Not enough pressure on Jones and the QB was able to move the ball up the field far too easily. He also managed to scramble and carry it himself on too many occasions.

I expected the Washington defence to be a lot more fearsome. Pass rush only had minimal success.

Great win though. 0-2 could have spelled the end of the season I think. The Bills are next up, who will be clear favourites going into that game.

McLaurin is such a fabulous player isn't he and definitely the go to guy in this offence.

We have said before, this kind of finish is quite the norm in the NFL and rarely happens in football over here. That's what makes it the greatest game in the world.

Liquid Gold

It is indeed.

Such a fabulous, tense game. Heinicke was very good.

Lots of concerns for Washington though I think.

Not enough pressure on Jones and the QB was able to move the ball up the field far too easily. He also managed to scramble and carry it himself on too many occasions.

I expected the Washington defence to be a lot more fearsome. Pass rush only had minimal success.

Great win though. 0-2 could have spelled the end of the season I think. The Bills are next up, who will be clear favourites going into that game.

McLaurin is such a fabulous player isn't he and definitely the go to guy in this offence.

We have said before, this kind of finish is quite the norm in the NFL and rarely happens in football over here. That's what makes it the greatest game in the world.
Who would have thought it would be the offence carrying the defence. They’ve got a lot of work on to sort themselves out as the level they’re playing at isn’t up to scratch.

McLaurin is a spectacular player. I feel sorry for him in Washington though playing with so many different QBs. If he was on a stable team he’d be recognised for the talent he is.

Users who are viewing this thread