The official NFL Thread (14 Viewers)

Liquid Gold

Some of those calls in the Washington Falcons game were infuriating.

How can you rough the passer when he isn't passing. Why blow a play dead after the ball has come loose. What is considered a football move.

One of the worst crews I've seen for both teams in a long time and it completely ruined the spectacle for me.

tisza

Some of those calls in the Washington Falcons game were infuriating.

How can you rough the passer when he isn't passing. Why blow a play dead after the ball has come loose. What is considered a football move.

One of the worst crews I've seen for both teams in a long time and it completely ruined the spectacle for me.
It's the inconsistency. Cousins took several hits on key 3rd downs after he'd thrown the ball - 2 to the helmet - not called. Similar hits against by us Bengals & Seahawks were called.
Also this new taunting rule (standing over players celebrating) is very inconsistently ruled so far this season.
You still get some official crews that allow aggressive catch contests and others that flag everything.

Liquid Gold

I think the Seahawks are just suffering by being an ok team in a good division. Put them in the East and they probably win it. That West is just so loaded this year.

Otis

You know when you get a really ripe pear and it just comes apart in your hands really easily when you pull it gently?

Washington's defence is a ripe pear.

tisza

Vikings do their best to throw it away before last second 54yd field goal. Offensive play calling just embarrassing. Jefferson was killing Lions with the passing game 1st quarter or so then we just stopped throwing it. So many errors unbelievable. Defense so comfortable until last 2 minutes

Liquid Gold

We haven't given up anything less than 20 points in any game yet and now 3 games in a row, have given up 30 plus.

Shocking.
The front looked better today, had Winston under pressure quite a lot and when they did he made poor decisions. As soon as the pressure didn't come though you could guarantee he was going to find a receiver.

For the love of god they have to bench Collins now too

Liquid Gold

The republican morons that I thought had ditched the nfl years ago anyway are outraged that he would be sacked for this.

B-Ban-Boogie

No surprises here.. never heard good things. Former Bucs players certainly didn’t like him. Spent way too long living off the back of taking Dungy’s team to the Super Bowl

@B-Ban-Boogie

Yeh, we were talking about this in the office yesterday and today.
I was never a fan to be honest and you're right, had a good living off the back of SB team he never even put together.

usskyblue

tampa-bay-buccaneers.gif

Terry Gibson's perm

On Brady if I was a coach I would put some old clogger defensive player out there to just hammer him even if let the ball go ages ago if he gets ejected it doesn’t matter.

tisza

Brady somehow in the form of his life.

Might dig the TB12 diet out after all.
Benefits from a high risk/ high reward offense in a team built up on a lot of high draft picks (because they were so bad for a longtime).
Defense good enough to bail out the offense on a bad day.
But a lot of credit has to go to the O line. Wirfs has a key pick last year - as that was the side Winston was mainly get hammered from in previous seasons. O line gives him the pocket even though his release time is still impressive for an older QB. Just doesn't give up many pressures or sacks.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Is there any session of play in American football that runs uninterrupted for more than about 8 seconds before it stops for at least a minute ? Genuine question. I've just watched some of this game and realised nothing happens for about 70% of the time.

tisza

Vikings desperate to throw away a game they dominated - helped by Panthers being unable to catch a pass.
One Thielen wonder TD catch
Give up 2 stupid 4th and longs to let Panthers level then miss another FG to win with last kick of regular time. (Same as the Cardinals game)
Then manage to win in OT.
Should have won by 14 plus.
Now it's a bye before going into Ravens, cowboys,Packers.

tisza

Patterns emerging.
Trend for throwing in rookie QBs means you're going to take pain year one but hope the experience pays off going forward.

Reacting to one bad result isn't always smart.
Chiefs revamped an O line that was good enough to take them to a Superbowl but didn't actually play in that loss. So ignored a defense that was their real point.

Bengals (Chiefs take note) real improvement is from their investment in defense as much as Burrows development or Chase's impressive start.

Back up QBs are backups for a reason. May shine for a bit but generally flatter to deceive.

Cowboys may actually be good.

Some franchises just seem destined to be car crashes forever. Hello Lions & Jets. Some seem destined to be mediocre - hello Vikings & their 1980s coaching.
Common theme - some owners making so much money that they don't really care.

Users who are viewing this thread