The official NFL Thread (4 Viewers)

Terry Gibson's perm

More and more NFL becoming about which teams can stay the healthiest - not just COVID cases.
But full credit to the Saints for beating the Buccs with a garbage QB and no offense . Panthers showing how important having a kicker really is - kind of surprising (with the attention to detail NFL teams normally show) that there isn't someone that can at least attempt field goals / extra points.

The lions actually winning and the Jags positioning themselves for the first draft pick again.

tisza

The lions actually winning and the Jags positioning themselves for the first draft pick again.
Cardinals a good example - fully fit and they look like contenders. Lose their pass rush and top WR and look poor. Gameweek 1 still rankles with that ridiculous FG miss.
Jags a bit like the Jets - draft a top QB but give him nothing. Will Lawrence end up as another Darnold ???
Hate to say it but if Rodgers injury holds up Packers could be the team to beat. Then again they lose him at any stage in the play-offs then they are done.

tisza

Also hoping Teddy Bridgewater fully recovers. As a Vikings fan still think he could be our starting QB now if it hadn't been for that terrible injury. Still not the QB he was before that injury.

tisza

Seriously ugly win vs injury-hit Bears. Terrible offensive game plan. Benefitted from some terrible ref calls.

Otis

Anyone know if the Washington game is on anywhere over here? I can't see it listed anywhere.

CCFCSteve

My brother sent me this the other day. 99p for 7 day game pass. Not used it yet but will do over Xmas. Guess you have to cancel sub at end of 7 days but might be worth a crack

Liquid Gold

Washington had no chance last night. That wasn’t even the second string out there last night, basically everybody is injured or on covid protocol.

Last night they were missing first, second and third string QBs so played with someone out of NE’s practice squad. The carousel never ends.

tisza

Washington had no chance last night. That wasn’t even the second string out there last night, basically everybody is injured or on covid protocol.

Last night they were missing first, second and third string QBs so played with someone out of NE’s practice squad. The carousel never ends.
We had 8 starters out on defense vs the Lions and it was a mess. Zimmer's defense complicated at the best of times.
There is so much detail in NFL - offense and defense -that even a couple of gaps can kill a team. You can have decent players come in but if they don't have time to learn the schemes then it's a recipe for disaster. Anyone who's watched Hard Knocks has seen the huge playbooks players have to learn.
Other knock is there is such a gap in quality for most teams between their starting QBs and the backups. Can completely derail a team even if everyone else is healthy.

tisza

Mayfield really is a poor QB. Has hardly developed since college. 3 terrible picks against Packers hand them the game

tisza

Vikings offense shocking but still could have won that one. A shedload of FA money went into improving the run defense and still as bad as last year - that's down to coaching

CCFCSteve

For the prem clubs struggling/complaining about getting teams out over festive period check out Saints. 22 players out with Covid and on forth QB last night 😳

tisza

Of all the joke franchises Giants must be the worst if they really are keeping Judge for next year.
Never seen a QB rating as low as Glennon's Vs Bears.

tisza

No surprise in that one.
A proper whooping that hopefully seals Zimmer's fate.
QB issue aside it's a defense that gave 37 PTS - that confirmed it was a terrible season on that side of the ball again despite the free agency money thrown at it. Poorly coached.
Zimmer just won't adapt and deserves his fate when in a make or break season he went with 2 "rookies" as OC & DC - one his son and the other the son of his close friend.
GM can go to. Huge number of draft picks last 3 years but nowhere near enough of them have contributed. Quantity over quality and a head coach that just won't play rookies - 4 3rd picks this year and only one has made the field and that only due to injuries at DE. Plus mortgages the team on a QB that needs extra protection but then has not provided that QB with any proper IOL in 3 years.

stupot07

Anyone watched the All or Nothing Philadelphia Eagles series? Wentz is a terrible QB.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

tisza

Anyone watched the All or Nothing Philadelphia Eagles series? Wentz is a terrible QB.

Seen it. Wentz had (has) a reputation for being a paycheck QB with really poor leadership and locker room skills.
Hurts is a decent QB but Eagles were just desperate to move Wentz on with his contract and other issues.
Really done nothing since that Eagles SB win and that was a system that managed to make Foles look a brilliant qb too.

CCFCSteve

Good watch. He’s done better than I thought this season though to be fair…I thought he was done

ps not sure if I’ve mentioned it before but Angry Runs on GMF (every Tuesday) is always worth a watch. Funny. Can also catch on YouTube

tisza

Never thought I'd see a Vikings - Bears game so passionless - even a pre-season game has more fight than that. Stupid win - which again hurts the draft position.
Packers fans get to see what their future would be if Rodgers decides to move on :)

CCFCSteve

Gutted about 49ers win (as a saints fan - would’ve been a miracle if we’d made play offs this year and almost did it) but fair play, great come back against a very good team

tisza

Zimmer takes his pettiness to a new level.
Had 2 chances (with the game won) to get Jefferson the 17 yards to break Randy Moss's record for most yards in 1st 2 years in NFL - calls a run then takes a knee.
When asked about it says he doesn't care about individual players & records - wonder why he lost the dressing room.

Skybluefaz

Zimmer takes his pettiness to a new level.
Had 2 chances (with the game won) to get Jefferson the 17 yards to break Randy Moss's record for most yards in 1st 2 years in NFL - calls a run then takes a knee.
When asked about it says he doesn't care about individual players & records - wonder why he lost the dressing room.
Shame for the lad that he wasn't given a chance to take the record.

tisza

Black Monday being led by Vikings and Bears.
Glad to see Zimmer and Spielman gone - even if it means taking a step backwards in 2022 in order to move forward.

Liquid Gold

Black Monday being led by Vikings and Bears.
Glad to see Zimmer and Spielman gone - even if it means taking a step backwards in 2022 in order to move forward.
Do you think a hard re-set and re-build is on there?

See if someone like Carolina will take Kirk, load up on draft picks for anybody with value.

Users who are viewing this thread