The official NFL Thread (3 Viewers)

Otis

On Washington, Heinicke was far too slow and ponderous again, but the protection for him was also pretty piss poor at times.

So badly need a new QB, because Heinicke is not the answer and it's going to be a long hard season from now on in.

At least the defence looked a bit better.

tisza

Vikings outcoached again. Dan Quinn Vs an inexperienced (and unqualified) OC was mess.
Vikings should have won comfortably but Zimmer insists on defending leads rather than adding to them. 1980/90s philosophy no place in modern game.
Roster easily good enough - coaching staff not

Otis

Vikings outcoached again. Dan Quinn Vs an inexperienced (and unqualified) OC was mess.
Vikings should have won comfortably but Zimmer insists on defending leads rather than adding to them. 1980/90s philosophy no place in modern game.
Roster easily good enough - coaching staff not
Really thought they would win as the game drew to a close.

CCFCSteve

What a win by the Saints, especially after being without Winston from 7-7. Ingram re-signed, Thomas and Hill due back soon....think they could’ve been dark horses but sounds like Winstons done for the season

tisza

What a win by the Saints, especially after being without Winston from 7-7. Ingram re-signed, Thomas and Hill due back soon....think they could’ve been dark horses but sounds like Winstons done for the season
Payton is just a damned good coach. With all the roster shenigans due to salary cap issues he still puts out a dangerous team. That said going to be difficult without Winston.

CCFCSteve

Payton is just a damned good coach. With all the roster shenigans due to salary cap issues he still puts out a dangerous team. That said going to be difficult without Winston.

Yeah, amazing how he managed to get to 5-2 with Brees retiring, thomas out and various other enforced changes over summer. Great game as well

Skybluefaz

Thanks Faz. Yeah, looked bad. Real shame. Taysom Hill should be back next week but not sure if that will be enough for Saints at QB...Cam newton ?! 🤔
It was a horrible bend to the leg. I'd take a gamble on Newton I think. There were rumours of Mariota coming in to the Seahawks in the early days of the Wilson injury. Could be an option.

CCFCSteve

It was a horrible bend to the leg. I'd take a gamble on Newton I think. There were rumours of Mariota coming in to the Seahawks in the early days of the Wilson injury. Could be an option.

I think they’ll go for Newton and then mix it up with Hill. They’d still be a dangerous team but a real shame about Winston who’d been pretty effective so this season

tisza

Ruggs just thrown it all away. Huge talent just pissed it away while tragically and unnecessarily taking someone's life.

Liquid Gold

Aaron Rodgers out at the weekend with Covid.
That puts their result in jeopardy

giphy.gif

tisza

Vikings throw away another one. Terrible play calling at the end. Coaching sabotaging a good roster even with its injury problems.

OC only employed because of who his father is. Once scripted plays finished just collapses.

Some comical ref calls - seems to be an NFL norm.

tisza

Apparently this was a hold by Damien Lewis. Took the Seahawks out of field goal range.

Certain groups of officials this year are flag happy. Seeing some terrible calls every week. Bears - Steelers was atrocious in particular.

Huge inconsistencies between how some of these groups want to referee the games.

tisza

Surprisingly enough if you actually target one of the best WRs in NFL you can win games.
Vikings finally get aggressive with play calling and dominate the Chargers.
Unfortunately it's the Packers defense next which has been outstanding last few weeks.

Liquid Gold

I am finding the refs increasingly frustrating this season. Basic errors and calls given/missed almost at random.

It really ruins the spectacle. What's the point in watching a game dictated by referees. They need to sort it out this off-season.

David O'Day

I am finding the refs increasingly frustrating this season. Basic errors and calls given/missed almost at random.

It really ruins the spectacle. What's the point in watching a game dictated by referees. They need to sort it out this off-season.
The rules analysts are awful as well. No matter how bad the call they'll defend it.

tisza

The rules analysts are awful as well. No matter how bad the call they'll defend it.
Another ridiculous issue (with all the money involved) is that different games have different numbers of cameras at them. So exact same play can checked/reviewed differently in 2 different games

Users who are viewing this thread