The official NFL Thread (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Amazing game. Would've loved Brady to do it again, but pleased for the Rams.

tisza

Rams in spite of themselves. Poor 2nd half play calling carrying on running on that defense when you've had 2 fumbles and only averaging 3 yards per carry. Then Bucs rushing Stafford when you should just sit and give him 15-20 yds to run out the clock.
But that's 3 walk off fgs in 3 games. Love this part of the season

Skybluefaz

Crikey. I stayed up until half time of the Chiefs v Bills but just watched the highlights of the second half. Incredible. Josh Allen couldn't do any more than he did. Hill and Mahomes just too good.

tisza

When the worst game of the weekend is Packers-49ers you know you've seen something special. 4 single score games.

Didn't think Bills-Chiefs could surpass the others because it just didn't seem possible (even if it had looked the best game on paper). But it did. Elite QBs going at each other, last second fg to get to OT.
However Championship games go it's going to be elite NFC defense Vs elite AFC offense that settles it in 3 weeks.

Skybluefaz

I've seen lots of hate for the OT rules with one journalist basically saying the coin toss is the deciding factor. Personally I don't mind it. It's up to the defence to make a stop and a team to show their quality on the defensive side of the ball. What are your thoughts?

tisza

I've seen lots of hate for the OT rules with one journalist basically saying the coin toss is the deciding factor. Personally I don't mind it. It's up to the defence to make a stop and a team to show their quality on the defensive side of the ball. What are your thoughts?
Don't like it myself - both teams should have at least one possession like in college football.
Was surprised the Bills chose to receive last night considering they had scored 36 pts in regulation time.

Liquid Gold

I like some of the mad ideas that have come out like putting the ball on the 10 yard line and it being 4th and goal. Each team gets 5 chances like a penalty shoot out.

tisza

I like some of the mad ideas that have come out like putting the ball on the 10 yard line and it being 4th and goal. Each team gets 5 chances like a penalty shoot out.
college works pretty well.
Get the ball on opponents 25yd line, one possession each.
Then keep getting equal possessions until a winner.
After1st series have to go for 2 pt conversions after a TD.
If you get to 3OT then it's just 2pt conversion attempts until you get a winner (almost like a sudden death penalty shootout)

Moff

Id prefer a possession each.

Just seen the highlights of the Bills - Chiefs, two amazing QB's. Would like to have seen the Bills make it top the Super Bowl this year, but for another year it wasn't to be!

Otis

This is interesting. Teams that had the hardest schedules in this past season. Also interesting to note that the Bills and Bengals had the easiest too.

Screenshot_2022-01-24-15-21-13-80_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

Otis

Just finished watching. Fucking outrageous
I record all the games on Sky. I woke up at 3am just to go to the bathroom and thought I would give the game a quick look. Ended up staying up the rest of the night and watched the whole thing absolutely glued to my seat.

CCFCSteve

I record all the games on Sky. I woke up at 3am just to go to the bathroom and thought I would give the game a quick look. Ended up staying up the rest of the night and watched the whole thing absolutely glued to my seat.

haha, fair play Otis. I record the late games and then swerve results (not always easy) so can watch ‘live’ the next day. Amazing games

tisza

Sean Payton has left the Saints to have a rest.
Coaching the Cowboys next year. Saints in a mess with cap again. It's rebuild time there.

He's a good coach but the cupboard's bare at the Saints. But Cowboys heading towards their own cap hell. Top 7 earners are 70% of their cap for 2022. Still stand by they've overpaid Dak -good not great.

CCFCSteve

Coaching the Cowboys next year. Saints in a mess with cap again. It's rebuild time there.

He's a good coach but the cupboard's bare at the Saints. But Cowboys heading towards their own cap hell. Top 7 earners are 70% of their cap for 2022. Still stand by they've overpaid Dak -good not great.

Yeah, also heard this. As a saints fan sorry to see him go but can’t blame him, done a great job over the years

CCFCSteve

I knew Saints were in cap trouble but didn't realise how bad it was. They are going to need a hard reset

Had to shed a load last year but also rejigged lots of contracts. Not ideal paying Michael Thomas a hefty salary when he didn’t touch the ball all year…after not getting injury operated on during close season ! Also Lutz is on a fortune and hardly kicked all season. Payton worked a miracle to get a winning season with all the other injuries

Moff

I knew Saints were in cap trouble but didn't realise how bad it was. They are going to need a hard reset

Some of the figures in there are scary.

I follow the games but was a bit green on the cap issues, that has really opened my eyes. Particularly relevant to what Aaron Rodgers has been saying about the Packers and not wanting to be part of a rebuild.

Interesting to see how much Cap space the Bengals have, and how they could invest well to build on what already has been a great year for them.

tisza

Some of the figures in there are scary.

I follow the games but was a bit green on the cap issues, that has really opened my eyes. Particularly relevant to what Aaron Rodgers has been saying about the Packers and not wanting to be part of a rebuild.

Interesting to see how much Cap space the Bengals have, and how they could invest well to build on what already has been a great year for them.
Bengals have got cap space but only 36 players under contract. But money there for O line upgrades.

tisza

Had to shed a load last year but also rejigged lots of contracts. Not ideal paying Michael Thomas a hefty salary when he didn’t touch the ball all year…after not getting injury operated on during close season ! Also Lutz is on a fortune and hardly kicked all season. Payton worked a miracle to get a winning season with all the other injuries
Saints got 2 ongoing issues that effect their cap nightmare.
1. Moving on from a franchise QB is usually painful. Patriots done well to bounce back after a horror QB year with Jones working out well.
2. Went from a very hands on owner in Tom Benson to his wife who inherited the team when he died.

Think the latter is a major factor in Payton's decision.

Users who are viewing this thread