The Official JPT home leg tickets sales thread (1 Viewer)

BurbageSkyBlues

The whole of B9 was sold to city supporters.

I stand corrected if that is so, my comment was based on what the ticket office told me on Monday, when I phoned to chase my tickets ordered over a week before.

They told me that they were just releasing half of block nine, and that was the end of our seats.

Anyway, the main point was to calculate the gate. I think those figures still stand, pretty close to what we will get, regardless of where the bands are placed. Their allocation of 1800, plus about 1000 seats lost or segregation (max), means just under 30K home fans, plus whatever they bring.....700 sold so far, possibly 1100 more to sell.

Would be great if they have to return another 500 for us

Cheers dubed

CAFC

Not sure where people are getting these numbers from? We had sold over half by close of play yesterday, so that leaves todays sales, Friday, and then Saturday (and we are playing at home, so a lot will be sold then).

So you should expect anywhere between 1500 and 1800 Crewe.

Sky Blue Pete

Not sure where people are getting these numbers from? We had sold over half by close of play yesterday, so that leaves todays sales, Friday, and then Saturday (and we are playing at home, so a lot will be sold then).

So you should expect anywhere between 1500 and 1800 Crewe.

Cheers fella

covlad83

On the Crewe website this morning it said about it being all ticket and it's just a fiver for them as well. They had at that point sold just over the 1,800 allocation and were urging fans to purchase there tickets as soon as possible. Travelling by coach is only 11 - 12 quid for em! If they do not sell out we should get them back and sell to City supporters! CCFC stated recently that 30,500 have been sold so the figure should rise to around 31,500 ish just like the Chelsea match :) I do hope the atmosphere will be better though! PUSB

Peter Billing Eyes

On the Crewe website this morning it said about it being all ticket and it's just a fiver for them as well. They had at that point sold just over the 1,800 allocation and were urging fans to purchase there tickets as soon as possible. Travelling by coach is only 11 - 12 quid for em! If they do not sell out we should get them back and sell to City supporters! CCFC stated recently that 30,500 have been sold so the figure should rise to around 31,500 ish just like the Chelsea match :) I do hope the atmosphere will be better though! PUSB

Sold just over the allocation of 1800? I think you mean just over half their allocation, Fella? I'll be honest, I'm travelling to Crewe, made sure I got the time booked off work and organised my ticket early (albeit there was more of a rush to get our tickets due to allocation), I would love it if Crewe sold all of their tickets, but I can't see it, it sounds like their sales have almost stuttered to a halt. Anyone keen for this will likely have sorted their ticket, work arrangements and travel already. Poor show by the Crewe fans if you ask me, the place is small but it's the main team in Cheshire now, I reckon Nuneaton Borough (town) would have brought more fans. Lol

Steve.B50

I would imagine Coventry would have to offer at least 2 tickets to every season ticket holder IF we got to Wembley.
Remember, who ever we might play they will struggle to sell half of what we might want.
I think JPT people are praying we get there.

Ashdown1

You're right there Steve, imagine a Crewe v Orient final................attendance would be perhaps 40,000. I want Southend, two out of town teams and we could top 75,000 plus.

Astute

If they want a sellout for the final all they have to do is give us all of the tickets.

mattylad

Okay done a few rough calculations.

On Tues we should have 30,000 home fans of which a maximum number of current season ticket holders/members is 9000 leaving 21,000 non season ticket holders who would most probably want a final ticket in line with the ticket office managers comments.

Our initial allocation is 41,000 of which lets say 40,000 will go on sale the rest going to the club, players, sponsors etc.

If every season ticket holder/member is allowed 2 then that is 18,000 gone leaving 21,000 to cover those with a stub and 1000 for general sale.

Now I am not sure the club will want to be that close on margain because if they get it wrong it will be a PR disaster so I think it will be oner per season ticket holder/member just as the FA Cup final was.

skybluelee

9000 max st holders and members, is that all? I thought we had about 8000 st holders. Surely we have more than a thousand members/flexi ticket holders?

mattylad

9000 max st holders and members, is that all? I thought we had about 8000 st holders. Surely we have more than a thousand members/flexi ticket holders?

I thought it apx 7000 season ticket and 2000 members this year. I did not include flexi ticket holders as I have no idea if they should get priority or not but given that the figure quoted by me might be light it only backs up the one per ticket theory.

Ashdown1

It better not be one FFS or I Will be well pissed off. If I can't get one for at least one of my family to sit with me { Who have all been 12 games or so this season} over some jolly boy who has romped up for one £5 game and a trip to the capital. This is a time to ensure that your ST holders come first. Last in the line should be those who can only produce this one stub !!

skybluesam66

7000 ST holders x 2 tickets each (will probably sell 12000 this way)
23000 more at crewe x 1 ticket each - priority to members (22000 - as 1000 will have already bought with ST holders)

still leaves 6000 for general sale

mattylad

It better not be one FFS or I Will be well pissed off. If I can't get one for at least one of my family to sit with me { Who have all been 12 games or so this season} over some jolly boy who has romped up for one £5 game and a trip to the capital. This is a time to ensure that your ST holders come first. Last in the line should be those who can only produce this one stub !!
Playing Devils advocate you dont pay for TWO season tickets so why should you get TWO final tickets? If your family member wanted priority over other non season ticket fans then they could have purchased a season ticket or membership previously.

covcity4life

no, hes right

ST should get more than a friggen 5 pound ticket stub

people are acting like tuesday is the height of city support. no. the 10k faithfull that go to every game are

i would say 4 tickets to ST holders but then we do run the rick of not being enoguh left

id say ST holders should get 2-4, members also(if i am lucky:p but probably 1-2) then stubbs and general sale 1-2

LastGarrison

no, hes right

ST should get more than a friggen 5 pound ticket stub

people are acting like tuesday is the height of city support. no. the 10k faithfull that go to every game are

i would say 4 tickets to ST holders but then we do run the rick of not being enoguh left

id say ST holders should get 2-4, members also(if i am lucky:p but probably 1-2) then stubbs and general sale 1-2

That's bollocks.

So for instance a ST holder gets 4 tickets and then gives 3 of them to people who have never attended a game before and just want to go to Wembley.

Those 3 people are more deserving that people who have at least been to (a minimum of) one game?

ST holders, then members, then people with stubs, then everyone else. No system is fool proof but that seems pretty fair to me.

Nick

Administrator
What about the people who went to York or the people who sat and watched the shite against Burton?

covcity4life

What about the people who went to York or the people who sat and watched the shite against Burton?

what about them? you think they deserve more than a ST holder?

i have no problem with st,members,stubs then general sale

just think its weird if its 1 ticket each. noone wants to go on their own do they

must be 2 tickets per person minimum surely.

Evans1883

what utter rubbish season ticket holders come out with,YOU buy a season ticket so that you get a reduced home game rate of about 6-8 pounds a game over the season and priority on ticket sales in cup etc.
you should get 1 priority ticket and another if you can produce the stubs of the previous jpt game.2 maximum.
what makes you think you are a better fan than the people who go away every week instead of home or how will it be fair to the people who went to york away etc.did you all go to the previous jpt games ,if not WHY as you are such good fans you deserve priority over the people that did.
this method would also stop alot of black market selling
season ticket holders get enough asit is

Last edited:

Evans1883

why would 1 person deserve more than 1,i think its respectable they get 2 each but they dont deserve more than 1 ,they buy 1 season ticket,1 seat for a match etc,granted they may take a friend or family member ,so 2 is enough per person

Last edited:

nunchuckas

I hope season ticket holders get more than 1 each, because I'd like to sit with my Dad, who works there (Gets less priority than season ticket holders) And my mates, who go to games as and when.

All will be eligible for a Wembley ticket at some point, but with different priorities which makes it more complicated to sit by people unless I miss my season ticket priority and wait until all the people I want to sit with can get one - and probably end up with a less favourable seat etc.

So it would be beneficial for season ticket holders to get more than 1 and doesn't necessarily mean bandwagon fans will be going in place of real fans who go to games.

covcity4life

why would 1 person deserve more than 1

deserve?

im not arguing that

im saying this would be an entertainment attraction. you wouldnt buy tickets to a concert and go on your own would you? well maybe you would but most people wouldnt.

id like to go to wembley with at least one person

Mr pot

It will all ne a waste of time arguing if we don't get through to wembley

Grendel

so we agree 2 is fair then.any more than that and alot of legitimate fans will miss out,like in 87

Legitimate fans were offered the opportunity to purchase a season ticket for the following season. I hope we get to the play off final and do the same again.

Users who are viewing this thread