The Official JPT home leg tickets sales thread (1 Viewer)

Steve.B50

As long as season ticket holders are looked after first I do not mind, however you will probably find that the majority who were at the Burton game and those who went to York ARE Season Ticket holders.
My thoughts are all ST holders should be able to get two tickets per ST.

Evans1883

yes possibly ,but i go away more than home ,but all in all to more than 23 games a season,there is NO season ticket for me to purchase,they should maybe introduce a card that gets swiped every away game you go and if you go every away game you shoulkd be in the same category as season ticket holders

covcity4life

so we agree 2 is fair then.any more than that and alot of legitimate fans will miss out,like in 87

yes agreed:)

i actrually benfited from the 4 ticket deal when we played chelsea in fa cup quartersd a few years back

even thoigh i queued from the early hours i hadnt got a ticket by the time rumours starting come down the line at 3pm that they were nearly sold out

then i got a call from my cousin(who supports liverpol) that he was in the ticket off with his mates(who all glory support!) i was angry but then they offered to buy me and cov fan cousin a ticket) so i left the queue early wth ticket in tow

but that day having 4 liverpool fans next to me asking whos who in cov team was tad annoying lol

2 each should avoid that i guess as my man utd season ticket holding uncle has already expressed an itnerest in going to wembley!

Grendel

yes possibly ,but i go away more than home ,but all in all to more than 23 games a season,there is NO season ticket for me to purchase,they should maybe introduce a card that gets swiped every away game you go and if you go every away game you shoulkd be in the same category as season ticket holders

That contributes zero income to the club so in revenue terms you are meaningless.

Astute

Legitimate fans were offered the opportunity to purchase a season ticket for the following season. I hope we get to the play off final and do the same again.

So legitimate fans don't work shifts, live a long way from Cov or even both?

ajsccfc

If you all keep arguing on a Friday, as a season ticket holder I'm going to buy all the tickets and burn them. Then nobody will go. Also, I'll turn this car round and we'll go home and NOBODY will have a holiday. Is that what you want? That's what's gonna happen. Who's chewing?

Steve.B50

Good idea EVO1883, but what I am saying is the majority of regular away fans are also ST holders. We buy ours so we can always get away tickets..
The swipe idea is good but think we may be doubling up in a lot of cases.

covcity4life

If you all keep arguing on a Friday, as a season ticket holder I'm going to buy all the tickets and burn them. Then nobody will go. Also, I'll turn this car round and we'll go home and NOBODY will have a holiday. Is that what you want? That's what's gonna happen. Who's chewing?

im sorry:(

Astute

That contributes zero income to the club so in revenue terms you are meaningless.

So we don't need away supporters that don't have a season ticket?

Where are the STH's at the away games when we only take support in the hundreds? We need all the supporters we can get. Not just STH's. Yes if you have a ST you should be able to go to the big games as well, but we shouldn't alienate our other supporters by giving STH's all the tickets between them so they can take their non supporting mates for a day out at the cost of the other supporters.

Last edited:

Grendel

oh ok,but a measley 270 pound a season would grant me super fan status,nice one

It is the only source of revenue a club can base revenue projections on so yes obviously.

covcity4life

2 tickers per person

7000ST x2 = 140000
23,000 who have stubbs(some of these are members) x2 = 46k

60,000 cov supporters at wembley lol

but will all ST and members,general salers by 2 tickets eahc? probably not,so lets take away a quarter of tickets

so thats 45000 tickets...could work..maybe..i dunno

adamdav68

Back to original topic....when do crewe have to return their unsold? Do they even have to?

Just spoke to Crewe ticket office and they are saying that they have got quite a lot left, tickets on sale till Tuesday 12 0clock then they have to send them back to cov, but we can't sell them booooooooooooo

WestEndAgro

It would be a good idea to register at both Southend and Orient so you have a supporter number, purchase a cheap ticket for both home legs of their area final, and then if you miss out on a Coventry ticket , you should at least get one in their end.

Ashdown1

Playing Devils advocate you dont pay for TWO season tickets so why should you get TWO final tickets? If your family member wanted priority over other non season ticket fans then they could have purchased a season ticket or membership previously.

I'll put it another way then Matty, If they have paid for and attended at least another 12 City matches this year do they deserve to be done out of a ticket by someone who has specifically been to or at least paid for a Crewe home ticket and nothing else, because there must be quite a few in that category???

covlad83

Crewe said at the start of the day on their official website that over 1,000 have now been sold and for supporters to purchase asap. My prediction for the attendance tuesday night is 31,150 PUSB

Bigelvesy

I know we have sort of moved on from the debate about season tickets but i just wanted to offer my opinion anyway.

Ive always been a supporter and fan of cov, ive had season tickets in the past but havent recently as i didnt have the money and played football or rugby on a saturday anyway.
After having to quite rugby due to injury ive been really re-establishing my love for the club and have bought shirts for the first time in years and gone to a fair few games this year, not as many as id like, but a few.
My problem is that id love to be a season ticket holder, id love to go every week, but i dont have any cov supporting mates and my dad is one of the most apathetic cov fans ever (has a ticket for crewe with me, but has said he'd rather watch us on sky in the final than come to wembley with me if we get there) so it would mean having one on my own, not something enjoyable and so i am resorted to begging my dad weeks in advance to come to a game and paying!!
I believe season ticket holders are the main lifeblood of a club, and should be treated as such, but because i dont have a season ticket should i be treated as less of a fan? Or like someone has mentioned, away fans.
However many wembley tickets they decide to other as priority to season ticket holders, it shouldnt be massively more than anyone else, but i do agree with them getting first "dibs"

Grendel

oh ok,but a measley 270 pound a season would grant me super fan status,nice one

The way I see it season ticket holders are like shareholders in a company and get appropriate dividends and benefits. Irregular supporters are the customers. They purchase goods when they want but can hardly complain if they get no share dividend.

Bennosdancingfeet

I was a ST holder for 25 concecutive years and to be honest, I fell out of love with it. MR gave me inspiration and I started a thread not so long ago that MK dons away was my first game of the season and it gave me the buzz back. If I was a ST holder now I wouldn't expect two tickets, being a ST holder does give you first dibs like Crewe away for example where many pay on gate people would love to have got tickets. Should we get to wembley then they should only get one ticket.

WillieStanley

I know we have sort of moved on from the debate about season tickets but i just wanted to offer my opinion anyway.

Ive always been a supporter and fan of cov, ive had season tickets in the past but havent recently as i didnt have the money and played football or rugby on a saturday anyway.
After having to quite rugby due to injury ive been really re-establishing my love for the club and have bought shirts for the first time in years and gone to a fair few games this year, not as many as id like, but a few.
My problem is that id love to be a season ticket holder, id love to go every week, but i dont have any cov supporting mates and my dad is one of the most apathetic cov fans ever (has a ticket for crewe with me, but has said he'd rather watch us on sky in the final than come to wembley with me if we get there) so it would mean having one on my own, not something enjoyable and so i am resorted to begging my dad weeks in advance to come to a game and paying!!
I believe season ticket holders are the main lifeblood of a club, and should be treated as such, but because i dont have a season ticket should i be treated as less of a fan? Or like someone has mentioned, away fans.
However many wembley tickets they decide to other as priority to season ticket holders, it shouldnt be massively more than anyone else, but i do agree with them getting first "dibs"

As a Season Ticket Holder, I actually do agree with the 1 per season ticket policy. As paying in advance for the Season Ticket, you are actually buying the rights to be a priority member so, yes, you should get priority. Part of the deal they advertise is that you do get priority tickets. But you usually get a Season Ticket with someone else, so if you already have an established person/group you attend with, why should it matter that you only have access to one ticket? There is absolutely no fairness in your colleague at work getting a ticket in advance when they haven't even a stub just because they are fortunate enough to know a season ticket holder. Having said that, I know my wife would like to go and I would like to take my wife but, alas, she is not a season ticket holder so the chances of us getting seats together are pretty slim!

Steve.B50

My view is that if your a Season Ticket holder you should get first options on all tickets and if we do make it to Wembley, get the option of at least two per

ajsccfc

The more I find myself lumped in sarcastically with the Super Fans, the more I rue that I don't own a cape or facemask.

Ashdown1

I was a ST holder for 25 concecutive years and to be honest, I fell out of love with it. MR gave me inspiration and I started a thread not so long ago that MK dons away was my first game of the season and it gave me the buzz back. If I was a ST holder now I wouldn't expect two tickets, being a ST holder does give you first dibs like Crewe away for example where many pay on gate people would love to have got tickets. Should we get to wembley then they should only get one ticket.

Bollux sonny Jim, your first game was mk................I'm not getting at you but for the 6000 showing commitment to this shower after the decade we've had I salute you and they deserve a ticket and to be able to sit next to a friend or family member { As long as they have also been to a few games}.

Nick

Administrator
If you can only order 1 with your membership or stub how do you buy seats near mates as each order will be for one ticket wont it?

skablue

Went into the club shop today to buy a shirt. I asked if they have any tickets anywhere in stadium ,including corporate, as a couple of my mates had been working away and missed out, I managed to get tickets in block 12 at 12.14 this afternoon.

Last edited:

Bennosdancingfeet

Bollux sonny Jim, your first game was mk................I'm not getting at you but for the 6000 showing commitment to this shower after the decade we've had I salute you and they deserve a ticket and to be able to sit next to a friend or family member { As long as they have also been to a few games}.

My first game???? This season yes but your talking bollocks. Why the feck should season ticket holders get two tickets!!!

And this shit decade you talk about, this would be the same decade I've had 9 season tickets...hmmm.

ajsccfc

Allowing people only one ticket would put quite a few off. If you do allow season ticket holders two each, that's what, about 12000 maximum? Barely a dent in the allocation.

mattylad

If you can only order 1 with your membership or stub how do you buy seats near mates as each order will be for one ticket wont it?
dead simple just like in the cup final one person goes up with all the season tickets and books them together, I am sure they will give ST holders at least a week window or you all go online and do the interactive thing but nobody hits buy until you know you have all reserved seats next each other.

Users who are viewing this thread